Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Delicious Chicken Divan

Thought I'd share one of my favorite dishes I like to make. Great dish for having friends over, and is even better reheated for lunch the next day! I like to serve it with a nice salad.

These are a few of the toppings my family enjoys putting on their salads, but the possibilities are endless! :-)
Of course what's a good comfort meal without a nice hot roll with butter!

Chicken Divan

2 10 ounce packages frozen broccoli florets or 2 bunches fresh broccoli cut.
2 cups sliced and cooked chicken or 3 chicken breasts cooked
2 10 1/2 ounce cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 cup shredded American cheese (although I tend to add more)
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter melted

Cook broccoli in boiling salted water; drain
Arrange broccoli in greased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 baking dish
Place cooked and chopped chicken on top
Combine soup, mayonnaise,lemon juice, and curry powder, pour over chicken
Sprinkle with cheese
Combine bread crumbs and butter (you can adjust according to preference)
Sprinkle over all
Bake for 350 degrees covered for at least 30 mins. or until heated through.
If you like you can trim it with pimiento strips

It's very creamy and yummy, the pictures don't do the taste justice. If you get to bake it, let me know what you think. ;-)

ENJOY!

No comments: