Sunday, July 25, 2010

Finally Home again...

" The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures;and have courage when things go wrong."

                                                                                    -   Laura Ingalls Wilder -

We had quite a whirlwind weekend. Saturday evening my niece spent the night and the 3 of them were up laughing and giggling having a great time. :-) I enjoyed those sounds very much! Today my sister and her husband came by and had breakfast and lunch at my Mom's too. Then my brother in law Patrick and his family came by to see us before we headed up the rd. It was really nice spending time with them.

I enjoy the time at my Mom and Dad's house. They have 5 acres to roam and growing up there it was the house everyone came to. Still is today. :-} I took some time to walk around and capture a few photos of some of my favorite things in their yard. It's so nice to sit on their decks and watch the birds and hummingbirds, and even the deer going by. So peaceful, calm, relaxing. I miss it there some days. We live in the bustle of a development now. But our heart is longing again for the country.







If you look closely you can see the beetle too!

A little frog enjoying one of their ponds.

I gave this to my Mom as a gift about 10 years ago! He sits on the edge of their pond and I just love him!! He still to this day makes me smile and giggle. :-)

Beauty of the bridge we went over this evening.

Was strange when we got back home, our phone service is out. So I'm wondering how I am able to activate our DSL for our internet? But glad I can! I told my husband what am I going to do without my internet? We bank and everything through here. LOL So if I should be missing a few days... it's because that ended up going down too!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. It went by way too fast for us. Tomorrow is busy again, Dr's appt. for Hayley, grocery lists and shopping and library class in the evening. Hoping to get some projects squeezed in too!

Blessings,
Jill

13 comments:

Karen Long said...

Jill reading your post brought back some fond memories for me. My parents have been gone now for a few years.. but we are a very close family and we loved spending time with each other..
So thanks for your post, and bringing back some things I hadnt thought of in a while..
so glad you enjoyed your weekend.. God bless.. see ya agian real soon

Jill said...

@ Karen, you are so welcome. So sorry they are no longer with you. My Mom is not in the best health so It's always an emotional journey traveling back. Wish I was closer, so I treasure the time I do have with them. Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings, Jill

Vicki said...

Hi, Jill,
It sounds like you all had a lovely time at your parents. Their garden looks so peaceful. I miss the quiet from time to time, too. Hope you have a blessed upcoming week, sweet friend. Love and hugs~ Vicki

colonialhomestead said...

Welcome home! I am playing catch up reading my blog list. Thank you for taking the time to lift my daughter need up in prayer. I would be at home in your parents yard. Such beautiful flowers & a pond too.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Jill...what a fun visit. I love all the photos you took. How cool is that...that this home place is still a house everyone wants to come to? Your parents have quite a variety at their home...I felt like I was there.
So glad your daughters and niece had such fun together...giggling and being girls :) :) Those are precious moments!!! Have an awesome week, Jill. I haven't forgotten the email!! I'll make sure and write back this week!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Jill! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed the photos from your parents home. Cute capture of the frog. Sounds like you and your famiy had a great visit together.

Frog Hollow Farm Girl said...

Sending sweet greetings from Frog Hollow Farm and thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment! And I think you're my newest follower!! I've only been blogging since January and I have found it to be such a wonderful new dimension and layer of life. Our life here on the farm is quieter since our two children have grown up and flown the coop, so we love filling it up with friends and family. Entertaining is something we really enjoy, and there is usually something Italian on the menu! Your post about your parents home is lovely, I could feel your peacefulness in being there! I look forward to visiting with you again!! Ciao, bella!

Karen Long said...

Happy Monday Morning Jill.. Thanks for stopping by and asking about my son.. He is doing better,, he and his girlfriend stopped by yesterday and he was moving a little easier.. I guess any kinda walking is hard when you have a broken toe on each foot.lol ! but he called the doctor today and they have to determine if he has to have surgery on his arm or not.. so I thank you for your continued prayers.. but he is on his way to recovery..

In other good news.. I just sent my husband off to his new job this morning..YEAHHHHH...
so things will start looking up now.. amen..
Have a great week Jill.. and I will be intouch again real soon

Sheila said...

Jill,
I'm glad y'all had such a wonderful time this weekend. The flowers are gorgeous--and the little squirrel--he looks so happy with his acorn!! Oh--that bridge would get me--I don't do bridges unless I absolutely have to. I hope y'all have a great week. Sheila

Jill said...

Thanks everyone! Welcome new friends! Sheila I'm not a fan of bridges either LOL. Or planes... :-) Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Angie Berry said...

It's so nice that your parents have room for the kids to roam. I grew up on a farm and over 800 acres so we were always wandering the woods and having a great time! I sure wouldn't let my kids do that now! Haha! But we do live in the country with ponds and creeks by us even if we only have one acre, it's still much fun for the kids.

Camille said...

Dear Jill ~ SUCH a lovely post! I *love* the country too, but my hubby is not a farmer type, so the suburbs it is! :) Your photos are very pretty...I especially like the one of the bridge.

Blessings,
Camille

Kat & Steve White - The other White House said...

Hi Jill,

That is so nice that your parents still have their home and everyone wants to come home to it. It seems very peaceful. I loved the bridge photo and the frog and pond the best. Those are great. What bridge is that?
I'm glad you had a lot of fun! it sounds like a whirlwind weekend. Looks like your Internet problems resolved. I hope you have a wonderful Wed. I have been sick with allergies and my husband had three days off, so I have not blogged since last week. Now I don't know what to blog about at all. Have a great day!