Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Garden tea party, crafts and baking

This morning my little Pumpkin wanted pancakes, and always enjoys helping me make them! Since she is extremely allergic to egg we have a special recipe for her. We also freeze these to use as needed.


Here is the recipe for egg less pancakes:

1 1/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp canola ( or we use vegetable oil)
1/2 cup water
1 to 1 1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp pure maple syrup ( regular syrup works fine too)

Sift or stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix the remaining ingredients in another bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix just until combined, like muffins ( a few lumps are o.k., over mixing will make the pancakes tough)

Add oil ( or cooking spray) to a large skillet and heat over medium heat for a couple minutes. Add batter and cook until the pancake has some bubbles on top and is browned on bottom. Turn and finish cooking.

Can also add blueberries or chocolate chips, but they are just as good plain! :-)



This is the picture of the chocolate cake with whipped chocolate icing I sent into my husband's work today.



Then I got my chicken ready in the crock pot to slow cook for the day, this is before adding the butter and spices!


I'll be serving it with baked potatoes and fresh squash. Then I will use the leftover chicken to make up chicken salads for lunches. ;-)

We had a Garden tea party today, the girls started out by making place mats, theirs were way more elaborate then Mommy's! LOL


Then we made flowers with ladybugs on them.....


We used construction paper, then glued down a cupcake holder (color of choice) as the top of flower. We then used a top off a soda bottle to dip in red paint to create the body of the ladybug. When it dried we decorated the rest of the picture.


Next we prepared for lunch. I took a piece of wax paper and put slices of bread between it and rolled it flat with a rolling pin. Then I spread peanut butter on it, roll it up, sliced it, and arranged it on the plate to look like flowers.


Then I put cheese and crackers, along with turkey rolled up on the plate for a lunch selection. ;-)


I also cut the tops off fresh flowers and put them in a bowl of water for a centerpiece.



O.k. Mom stop taking pictures.... I'm getting hungry LOL


We had some monkeys in attendance....


As well as another lovely lady with Kit and Felicity.

For dessert I made another flower by using cotton candy ice cream for the middle and surrounding it with peaches to represent the petals. Super Yummy!


We had a great time as we always do! Tomorrow is a play date here at the house. Brownies are made and ready to devour, LOL Now just last minute house cleaning.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a lovely evening.

Blessings,
Jill

15 comments:

Bec said...

looks like heaps of fun! oh and thanks for reminding me about the personalised placemat idea I have been meaning to do that for aaages.

Karen Long said...

Jill we are so much alike.. my kids beg me to stop taking pictures too... and I love my crock pot..
Saturday, I pre-cooked a weeks worth of meals.. love to know what im fixin an when, and when i can have it half way prepaired,, it makes life so much easier..
cute pictures.. thanks for sharing..

Sheila said...

You are just too creative!! Gorgeous girls, as always. Have a lovely evening!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

This is so cute... you know this would be a really sweet thng to blog about for those Tuesday Tea parties...why not? Show off your teacups and the girls enjoying their tea party. This is my kind of party :) :) :) How fun!!!

There a couple of links to some tea parties on my sidebar. You can check them out!!! I usually just display one thing each Tuesday, since I don't have lots...except for yesterday...I showed off some of the thrift store finds.

You should look into The Girlhood Home Companion magazine. I know that they have guest contributors. I'm not sure how that works...but you have such sweet ideas for fun projects with your girls :) :)

Okay, I have a crockpot, but it's small. I didn't know you could slow cook a chicken. My crockpot has low-med-high for temperatures and that's it :) :) It's OLD...How do you slowcook a chicken? Is it easy? Can you tell that I"m not real skilled in the kitchen? :) :) :)

Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :)

Camille said...

How sweet your girls look Jill! What a lot of fun things you do with them!! :)

About the Professor Noggin games...you can click on the link on my blog to get to the supplier ~ the name Professor Noggin Games is "clickable". I hope you enjoy them! We sure have!

Blessings,
Camille

Adriane said...

What a lovely look at your day! My girls would love for me to do something like this too. I think I will plan a dainty, little girly lunch one day soon too!

Jill said...

@ Camille, Thank you I will definitely go back and click on the link. Thank you!

@ Adriane, Thank you! It's so much fun to plan and enjoy with them. Trying to get as much activities in as possible before Hayley goes back to school. I also plan to do more posts on cleaning, recipes, organizing, scrapbooking etc. etc. I have lots of ideas! ;-)

Vicki said...

My goodness, you and your girls had a fun filled day!! Your little chef is cute as can be in her apron and hat. I enjoyed all of their art and that lovely tea party. Enjoy the rest of the week and upcoming weekend, dear friend~ Blessings always~ Vicki

Frog Hollow Farm Girl said...

Hi Jill, thanks so much for stopping by my porch posting for Transformation Thursday. My transformation was certainly not as extensive as some of the others posted today, but I always love being involved is some of these weekly memes. Your daughters are just lovely and it sounds like you are creating magical childhood memories for them, as well as modeling being a wonderful mother. Enjoy your day! Ciao, bella!

Amanda said...

Lovely post Jill!
Sweet Photos.
Wonderful memories made with your daughters, Im sure.
I've had some issues with my blog and made it private. If you would like to read it, email me at:
naturalphotographybyamanda@yahoo.com and I will send you an invitation.

Jill said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments! I appreciate them all and so do my girls! Have a wonderful day!

SonyaAnn said...

I want to grow up in your house!!! You and your family is perfect!

Catherine Anne said...

LOVE this post! What a fun day for them~

Frances said...

How fun! I love that there were some monkeys in attendance! LOL!

Jill said...

@ SonyaAnn Thank you so much what a sweet comment! I appreciate that so much!

@ CatherineAnne Thank you!

@ Frances, Thanks for stopping by! Yes the monkeys added a little extra flavor LOL