Saturday, July 24, 2010

Safe trip down enjoying the beauty and a little treat!

We had a good ride down this evening, and was able to enjoy the beauty surrounding us.

"There are two ways to live your life, one is as though nothing is a miracle. The other as if everything is a miracle."

-Albert Einstein

I love this quote and just wanted to share it tonight. Riding down we were coming through Amish country and saw this beautiful sunset.



We saw an Amish Farm



And at one point followed an Amish buggy. Notice the camper driving just ahead of her, it says Homestead on it. I believe that's exactly where she was headed back to following a little side street. I wanted to take a discreet picture because I know they do not like being photographed. I did notice driving by she was barefoot, LOL enjoying the beautiful weather.



We got to my parents about 10:00 PM. We had some treats to make for the party. :-}

If you are a chocolate lover and have not made these yet, you need to make a store run this weekend! LOL
OREO TRUFFLES!!!!!

Super easy and the kids love getting messy with these!



This is it, simple ingredients.



You can use a food processor for this step, but my girls like mashing it this way better. Had to laugh at the size of the mallet Hayley had. That's all Nana had on hand .LOL Needless to say....it worked!

After crushing the oreos, put in a bowl with an 8 oz container of cream cheese, mix together very well until it forms like dough. We use our hands and knead it, also to break up the cookies more. :-}





Then roll it in your hands and make small balls. Melt the baker's chocolate in another bowl, then dip the oreo mixture into the chocolate, place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour. I promise you will not be disappointed, these are soooo yummy!!

ENJOY!!!!

Have a great Saturday!!

Blessings, Jill

2 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I really enjoyed looking at the photos. I do have an Amish friend that lives in a tiny Amish village in Florida called Pinecraft. It's a vacation for many Amish..

Those Oreo cookies truffles do look good...and I do LOVE my Oreo cookies!!! Okay, I had to laugh when I saw the size of that hammer/sledgehammer..that your daughter was holding :) :)...but yes, it did get the job done and done very well!!! So good for Grandma for having the best tool available :) :)

Have a great weekend, Jill. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Jill said...

LOL I just realized I was so tired last night i forgot to post a pic of the finished product! LOL

@ Heather... yes you must try them, they are soooo good! Have a great weekend!