Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday Surprise

I was so very happy we got rain today! We needed it so desperately. We have set up a garden area in our old dog kennel because we never had luck before with the smaller fences in our gardens. We always seem to have everything eaten by rabbits and groundhogs. I was happy today to go out in the rain and see two peppers starting to grow and our other plants coming along nicely.


We also have several pepper and tomato plants growing in pots on our deck. But as seen from my earlier posts a tomato worm ate our best tomato plant! Now I search their leaves every day looking for the little critters. ;-)

Our picnic is pushed to tomorrow so we decided to take our donations to the SPCA, we do this pretty regularly. The girls enjoy taking it in and visiting with the animals.

Well of course every time we go we always love on the animals, but refrain from adopting them. Today was another story.... you see there was this one cat Elvis.... and well....ummm.... we sorta fell in love with him :-)
So we came back with a new family member.

Big smiles!
Daddy was very happy, since his birthday is the 20th we decided this was his present. LOL

Meet Elvis........


We're hoping the rest of our furry clan accepts him and loves him as much as we do already! Except he came home and is now hiding....hmmm we have a little over 3,000 sq feet for him to hide in so this should be an interesting few days! LOL

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. We are enjoying our time together as a family.

Blessings,

Jill

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Jill,That is so wonderful of your family to go and take the food to the ASPCA and I applaud you and the girls on the NEW kitty.I like how you played it on the birthday guy but I am sure the whole family is sharing the gift!!!!!!!Thanks a lot for commenting,I really do appreciate it.And Thanks for the thoughtful anniversary reply.

Lea said...

Jill it's so nice to meet you!
I too think it's awesome that you're encouraging the girls to help out such a wonderful cause! I'm clapping with Jamie.
Congratulations on your new addition! Elvis is a beautiful cat and is sure to receive LOTS of love from your family! I hope it's going really well! I need to take lessons from you how you worked that all out. lololol Looked like he really went for it too!? How could he not right? lol (adorable)
I look forward to getting to know you better.
Have a great weekend with your new lil buddy!
Lea
<*)))><

Sheila said...

Elvis is in the building!!! Blessings to you and your family for donating to the animal shelter. I know I want to bring every animal home when I go there. Everyone looks so happy to have a new member of the family. Have a great weekend getting to know your new family member. Sheila

Lori said...

Hi Jill!! Thank-you for visiting me! :)
Elvis is so sweet!! I love animals. I think that is wonderful you guys help at the SPCA!! yay!! I hope Elvis is settling in good. Have a nice day!! ((BIG HUGS))!!!

Jill said...

Thanks for all your sweet comments Ladies! :-) Have a great week!

Angie Berry said...

What a wonderful idea to donate to the animal shelter! We will have to start doing that. My kids want to volunteer there but they aren't old enough yet. Kinda stinks that they want to go love on the animals but their age keeps them from being able to do so.

Happy Birthday to hubby! Congrats on the new family member!

Kat said...

Aww what a cute kitty!
Congrats Elvis is so cute!
Oh by the way, my husband is four years older then me also. I think that's a good age spread. LOL! Have a great day!