Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunday visitors

Well it's just about midnight here, and I'm sitting here eating chocolate cake and drinking a glass of ice cold milk, totally wired. :-) My parents came up this morning and my Mom will be staying here for a week. My brother in law Garry, who is Jerry's twin also came up to visit with his family. They wanted to spend time together before they turned the big 40 on Tuesday. We don't get to see them often, so this was a treat. They left a little after 11 PM to make the long drive home.

They brought up crabs to enjoy.....


Our new table came in handy today. ;-) Nothing better than family gathered around sharing good times.
Gabby my niece played dress up with Kathleen and had a grand time.



Hayley and her cousin Logan, we have always said they could be fraternal twins. ;-)





This is my brother in law Garry with Kathleen. So this is what Jerry would look like with no hair or mustache! LOL It's freaky sometimes being around them. Their mannerisms are so alike. When we first started dating 20 years ago, you couldn't even tell them apart. Literally mirror images.



This is all of us on our staircase. Jerry and I are at the top with Hayley and Kathleen,
Then Gina and Garry, Logan and Gabby. My Mom took the photo for us as this is such a rare occasion. After just losing his Aunt again so suddenly, we were tired of hearing and saying we'll get together soon.... This time we made it happen. :-)

I made a nice chocolate cake, but it gotten eaten before I could get any pics! We also had bar-b que chicken, sausages, potatoes and fresh squash. Plus the crabs. I am very thankful for our time together today.



Kathleen enjoying her oreos.

I am so thankful for blogging and being able to preserve these memories, and for all the new friends I've made. I feel so very blessed. :-)

Thank you for stopping by, and if you are new to my blog, leave me a note and say hi! I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,

Jill

7 comments:

Adriane said...

Hi Jill! Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi. You have a nice blog here. You mentioned that you were a teacher before...so was I. I taught elementary school for eight years before I left to stay at home with my children. I've enjoyed my visit to your blog. I look forward to coming back again!

Jill said...

Hi Adriane,

So glad you stopped by! Thank you for the sweet comment. :-) Yes I was, and there are days I miss it, but I love being home with my girls. Still get to do lots of fun activities! Hope you have a great week!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Jill...I love the photos and your family..immediate and extended...all good looking :) :) It's nice to be able to visit with family...and I'm so glad that it actually happened for real this time.
I had to laugh about the chocolate being inhaled before pictures could be taken. That must have been some chocolate cake :) :):) I love a moist chocolate cake with a nice thick layer of REAL chocolate pudding on top. Taste SO GOOD!!!
In fact, the whole meal you had sounds good :) :) Thanks for sharing about your kids...sounds like they had a special time visiting with their cousins!!! Have a great week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Karen Long said...

Hey Jill... its Karen from http://glassofsweettea.blogspot.com/ So glad you stopped by to visit my blog... and thanks for the kind words....I an looking forward to becoming Blogging Buddies..
Have a great week.. and stop by again real soon..
oh by the way... love the picture of you and your family on the stairs... I am a picture nut.. and just love little things like that..
God bless you and your family.. I will be talking to ya again real soon...

Amanda said...

Hi Jill,
Thanks for visiting me today.
Have a sweet day!

Sheila said...

Jill,
What a wonderful day y'all must have had. I love the picture of y'all on the stairs. I bet some wonderful memories were made! Oh crabs---I haven't had any since we left Louisiana in 1985! We used to go crabbing with my cousin and his wife then go to our house and cook and eat!!! Hailey and Logan really do look alike, don't they? I hope you have a wonderful week with your mom. Sheila

Jill said...

@ Heather, Thank you! As you can tell i'm a big picture taker, although it's rare to actually find me in the picture! LOL Your chocolate cake with pudding on top sounds yummy. Reminds me of a cake I make more Kathleen using pudding instead of egg. So yummy!! Thanks for stopping by!! :-)

@ Karen I love phots too! Thanks so much for your sweet comment and I am looking forward to getting to know you better too!

@ Amanda, thanks for stopping by! Hope your having a great day!

@ Sheila, LOL I actually don't eat crabs, I only eat a little chicken or turkey but no red meats and very little seafood. Salmon and tilapia at times. My husband however LOVES them! We are originally from MD and we always joke there's no crab that compares to the MD crab! LOL Thanks for stopping by, hope your having a great day! How are the kittens doing today? :-)

Blessings to all!!