Friday, July 23, 2010

Sun's out, makes for a happier day! :-}

My best friend and I were talking today and she saw my blog post about my yard sale deal on my table and chair set we found. She said she is fairly certain it is the same set she has but she bought it new! I believe she said the table was about $170.00 and that for each chair she paid $75.00 a piece!! So my $50.00 yard sale find for table and 6 chairs was definitely worth it! That just brought a bigger smile to my face today. :-0 I love finding good deals.

Since today is a rush, rush day of getting ready to get out the door I wanted to post some photos of when the girls and I went strawberry picking in June. It was a wonderful Mother / Daughter time and they were so excited to find the strawberries!


This was one massive strawberry she found and she couldn't wait to eat it! LOL


I love her braids!


Well as you can see.... we really love strawberries here! I believe after I took this picture we filled the box up some more. :-)

The same place also had a fruit and vegetable stand. We try to support the local farms all the time. There is nothing like fresh from the garden taste! I find it hard buying these things from the grocery store now.
So I had to share this picture.... my Hayley LOVES tomatoes, like LOVES tomatoes, LOL we found some really nice ones inside at the stand.

And yes, she proceeded to eat it like this:


I know, where are her lady like manners? LOL Plus you can see evidence of the strawberries she had already eaten on her plate. Don't mind the stuff behind her on the table, that was another one of our art projects in the making!

These are the moments I live for, what makes me smile and love them so much my heart could burst. Why I worry so much as a Mom to keep them safe and healthy and happy. Yes last night was a rough moment, but I don't want to always focus on those. I feel things do happen for a reason, we just don't always understand those reasons at the time. I know that my husband's job loss was shorter then many other people's have been. I feel blessed he has a job. However there are those moments when things still can get us down, so I get them off my chest and try to move forward. Some days better than others. Today I decided to focus on the things that make me happy, enjoy my weekend and Monday deal with the stresses. This prayer has helped me a lot the last several months.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

I hope you all have a blessed weekend! If your like me and in terribly hot temperatures, stay cool!
I hope my little tomato girl put a smile on your face too. :-)

Blessings,
Jill

6 comments:

Alea said...

I have such fond memories of picking strawberries with my kids. Now we grow our own and it is just an every day activity, they still taste great though! I love the picture of your daughter digging into the tomato! And the braids - super cute!

Sheila said...

Jill,
It looks like y'all had a wonderful time picking strawberries. Gorgeous tomato--we used to be playing outside, get hungry and grab something for our Pa-Paw's garden. I'm not sure much tastes better than a sun warmed tomato!! Hayley looks like she is really enjoying it!!
Your husbands job loss may have been a short one but it doesn't make it any less stressful and sometimes the repercussions of even a short job loss can last a longer time.
We do all get down and stressed--I use my blog for things like this too--sometimes you just need to get things off your chest! I some times have a hard time putting things into words--and I don't want to dump on Kevin all the time so I do blog some of my upsets and such. I totally understand where you are. For those of us who have been there, maybe our words and experiences can help--if only as a sounding board!
I'm not sure if any of that made sense!! I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend.
Sheila
PS--I'm still amazed at the deal you got on that table and chairs!!

~Krystle~ said...

Hey Jill, thanks for your comment your so sweet and I love all the activities your do with your girls. They look so happy and you can tell your family has lots of love. I got the links going my clicking on the link within and then it just walked me through the process, I will probably be changing my page a lot I like to change things up, but that was one I did want and it was pretty easy too. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND with your family and enjoy no worries!

Jill said...

@ Alea, we started some strawberries in a pot that did well, but never enough for us LOL. Thanks for your sweet comments. :-)

@ Sheila, Yes fresh picked from the garden is the way to go! Thanks for your kind words I appreciate that so much. :-) It certainly makes sense. Yes I'm super excited about my table/ chair deal too.

@ Krystle Thanks for telling me how to do that, I'll have to play around with it when i get more time. Thanks for your sweet comment, means a lot. :-)

Karen Long said...

Jill what cute pictures of your girls... I spent the night picking up my oldest son from the hospital,, he wrecked his motor bike,, broken wrist, fractured collar bone, broken toes and road rash.. BUT.. he is alive,, he just lost control in the rain.. no one else involved..
so i will post pictures when i get them.. but they wont be as cute as yours..lol.
Have a great weekend.. talk to ya again soon

Jill said...

@ Karen, So sorry to hear about your son's accident! I will certainly be keeping him in my prayers for a quick recovery!