Imagine my surprise when I went to check on my daughter last night! I guess she decided this was much more comfortable then her bed! LOL We gently lifted her back into her bed and she didn't even wake up. I guess the fun summer days are wearing her out!
I'm doing final preparations today for our weekend trip. So I wanted to share a yummy appetizer recipe as well as one for a cool drink to enjoy this holiday weekend. Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday weekend!!!
Smoked Salmon Pinwheels
1 package ( 8 ounces) cream cheese softened
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried
4 flour tortillas ( 8 to 10 " in diameter)
1 package ( 4 1/2 ounce) smoked salmon, skinned, and finely chopped
16 spinach leaves
16 strips (about 51/2 inch) red bell pepper
1) Mix cream cheese and dill weed. Spread about 1/4 cup of cream cheese mixture over each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup salmon. Place 3 or 4 spinach leaves and 4 bell pepper strips evenly spaced on each tortilla
2) Roll up tortillas tightly, seal edge of each tortilla by spreading with additional cream cheese mixture. Wrap securely with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
3) To serve, cut into 1 inch pieces place cut up side up on nice platter.
Lemon Strawberry Punch
3 cans ( 6 oz ) frozen lemonade concentrate thawed.
1 box ( 10 oz ) frozen strawberries in light syrup, thawed and undrained
1 bottle ( 1 liter) Ginger Ale
1) In 4 quart container, stir lemonade concentrate and 9 cans of water until well mixed.
2) Pour lemonade into punch bowl stir in strawberries
3) Just before serving, add ginger ale and ice, gently stir