Monday, July 5, 2010

Tidbits from 4th of July weekend

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

We were very blessed spending time with our family and friends. It all started with an overstuffed van.....

Our gang is pretty used to traveling, we do so quite frequently. :-)

After arriving at my parent's home, Kathleen was picking up small apples she found by my parent's apple tree and she found this small one with an A on it. This is an actual photo of the apple how she found it. She was like look Mommy and Daddy A for apple! We thought that was pretty cool. ;-)
She was quite proud of herself.
This is my niece enjoying her afternoon siesta in the hammock with my girls. I miss her so much being far away.
Just love these pics of Kathleen, so excited spending time in the "big" pool!
We had a great day at my sister's house on the 3rd. Got to enjoy beautiful fireworks from their back deck. Unfortunately those pics didn't turn out so I could share them. :-(

The 4th we celebrated with my best friend at her house with lots of her family and friends, had a blast!
Then that evening we prepared for a camp out in my parent's yard. They have 5 acres! It was so great growing up there.
This is Kathleen and her Daddy getting the tent area ready.
Smores time!!!
They had a blast, first time sleeping out in the tent.

Hayley also makes a lot of jewelry all on her own. She's been doing this since she was 7 1/2 years old. She has started selling her creations and this weekend sold quite a bit of her inventory. I was so very proud of her! This necklace below is a sample of her work. It was one of the first things to sell! She was so excited. Her dream is to save enough money to go visit American Girl doll store in New York.  ;-)

She had another little surprise this weekend, another lost tooth!
Looks like the tooth fairy will be by for a visit tonight.

Finally on our way home we came through beautiful Lancaster ,PA. and stopped by the Amish farm and picked up some yummy fruits and vegs, at a steal of a price! We are patiently waiting for our garden to produce our goodies. We were a bit sad coming home seeing many plants wilted while we were gone. We hope we don't lose them. The temps have been around 100 degrees the last few days and will be bad this week too.
We were eating blueberries coming down the rd. LOL So yummy and fresh. Nothing beats fresh grown, I'd choose that over grocery stores produce any day.

It was so cute today before we left my Mom's we told the girls we'd get snowballs at a local stand. Well Kathleen has never had one, they don't sell them where we live. So she asked "So does that mean we try to lick the snowballs and then they throw snowballs at us?" LOL I don't think her four year old mind quite grasped how that concept worked to eat them, and that they came with different flavors. My girls....they always make me smile!

The only thing I could have used more of this weekend is sleep! Lots of late nights trying to cram in as much as possible.

Leaving you tonight with two quotes to ponder.....Blessings to all!

"Do not wait; the time will never be just right. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along."
-Napoleon Hill

"A man is not old until regret takes place of dreams."
-John Barrymore

3 comments:

Angie Berry said...

Hi Jill! Thanks for coming by and visiting my blog. Nice to meet you! You're van looks like our vehicle when we head off to my parent's house 3 hours away. It's crazy how much stuff we have to drag along with us.

Looks and sounds like you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! Any time spent with family and friends is a special time.

Would you please let your dear Hayley know that she has inspired my 11 year old daughter!! I have a small tote of jewelry findings, tools, and beads that I bought last year with the intent of one day playing around. Well it hasn't been touched since I bought it. I was having my daughter read your story and asked her if she would like to do something like that. I got my tote out and now she is busy creating. She said she can set up a table at church to sell it, then donate 50% of her earnings back to the church. I told her that was sweet, but I don't think our members would go for that. I think this will be a great summertime project for her! So thank you very much!!

Have a blessed week my new friend!

Sheila said...

It looks and sounds like y'all had a wonderful 4th! I love the necklace. We lived outside Harrisburg for 4 years and I never went to Lancaster--though I always wanted to visit there. We've been in the upper 90's-low 100's here too. I hope y'all have a lovely week!!

colonialhomestead said...

Yes girls can fish to. Dad sure is enjoying fishing with his girls. my Sons and Daughter all fish. When expecting my youngest I had expected a girl but was I ever happy to get my blue eyed baby boy. I have always told him God picked him fresh off the baby soul tree in heaven and sent him to me. Because God knew just which one would be the best blessing for me. Our children are all blessings form God. My plants are not doing good at this time. Just to hot for them. So happy for you to be able to see your family and share such happy times.