Tuesday, August 24, 2010

American girl visit part 2

Our next part of the trip was enjoying lunch in their cafe.



The pink ribbon is actually a hair bow for the girls that we got to take home as well.


As you walk in they give you a seat for your doll. If you don't have a doll yet, they let you borrow one for lunch!


Yes, even Lanie got her own cup and plate to keep.


These were to get us started, oh my goodness were they yummy! :-)





This was the appetizer tray, a meal in itself!




Yes even the men wore pink aprons which Hayley got the biggest kick out of! LOL



She loved her yummy hot cocoa and of course enjoyed refills!!



Hayley ordered the tic tac toe pizza....



I had the chicken tenders which were really good!



My fruit. :-)



Our yummy dessert!! Chocolate mousse in the flowerpot!



We got to keep the flowers too.




You can even create the doll that looks the most like your daughter.



The dressing room.....



Ideas about designing your doll. Do they need braces, eyeglasses, etc?




One of many cashier counters. LOL



Cool revolving doors, that I was very thankful she didn't get her bags caught in there! LOL



AMEN!!



Books!!




The line in the back was for getting the dolls hair styled or their ears pierced, LOL




This girl can shop! We even had a personal shopper assisting us and getting things we needed. We got to sit in a nice cushy lounge. :-)

What an awesome experience we had, we'd love to go back soon and take Kathleen. I still have more pictures to post of the city, so that will be part 3 tomorrow. :-)

Have a great evening!
Blessings,
Jill 

13 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks for stopping by! I'm following you back. Looks like a great time at the American girl cafe!!

Mama Hen said...

I am following you back! Thank you for your kind words on Mama's Little Chick! These pictures are so cute! What a fun day! Come and visit my blog network Mama's Little Nestwork and join a great group of bloggers! Have a nice night!

Mama Hen
www.mamaslittlenestwork.com

Miller Moments said...

Soooo fun! I have a Kirsten doll that I bought in the New York shop, so your pictures brought back lots of fun memories for me. :)

Midwest Mommy said...

Luckily my little girl doesn't know about this yet but I can't imagine the day she does. Those desserts look delicious!

Liz said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm following you back!

It looks like you guys had such a great time. The food is so cute and looks delicious! I LOVE the girl sayings around the store, girls need to hear that more often! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

~Krystle~ said...

Oh so precious, that desert looked amazing! my goodness, Haley looked like she has oh so much fun. This will definitely be a memory she nor you will never forget. Punkin is wanting bitty baby really bad and keeps asking me to pull her up on the internet for her...maybe Christmas, but I can't wait for her to be old enough for the "big" girls. Have a great night!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Your daughter looks like she is having the time of her life. What a memory you just made for her. May the Lord grant all her memories to be this beautiful with her Mom. Blessings, Martha

Cindy said...

All these pics brought back some great memories.
Looks like she had quite an armful there...can't wait to see what she got!:)
Enjoy the day

Sheila said...

Oh, I wish my girls were younger so we could enjoy this also. It looks like y'all had such a good time. What amazing memories you are making with Hayley. Take care. Sheila

A Hopeful Heart said...

What a fabulous looking luncheon!!!

My daughter and I have been doing tearoom lunches together for over ten years. Although she would have liked to go to the American Girl Place, we never lived in an area where it was possible to do so. But we've sure enjoyed dressing up and doing tearooms together.

How cute that they give you a little seat for your doll...and a doll to borrow if you don't have one.

Indeed, yes, you know you will definitely be making a second visit there in a few years.

Blessings and hugs,
Patti

Kat & Steve White - The other White House said...

Hi Jill what an incredible trip! I wonder what she bought? What a cute outfit she has on. Big hugs

kewkew said...

Well my comment didn't go through, so trying again.

I had said I was bad because I snickered when I read about the men wearing pink aprons. Didn't mean to. I also think my daughter, though 14, would have a blast. Luckily the younger ones don't know about American Girls yet. Though I plan on reading them when they get older for homeschooling and perhaps we will make the trip then.
I also mentioned I thought having the dolls able to eat with you was cute

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh my goodness...they really think of EVERYTHING at the American Girl doll store...and very sweet, that they provide dolls for the girls who don't have one with them, when they go to eat at the cafe!!! Yep, this place is definitely super cool!!! You daughter really knows how to shop :) :) :) The pictures really show how much fun that place is to visit. I'm glad that you and your daughter had so much fun!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)