Monday, August 30, 2010

Busy Monday, Longwood Gardens part 3!

Our Mondays always seem to be such busy days! Is anyone else like this at the beginning of the week? I have to show you two things I found at an antique shop yesterday. I have some birthday money I've been saving to find these things I wouldn't normally spend the money on, but that I love. I absolutely adore the Victorian Era! I'm actually searching for a complete tea set with all place settings as well. All to match. This has been a challenge. I always see pieces of a set but never the whole thing. But I'm not giving up! :-) As some of you who have been reading my blog for awhile know; I love doing tea parties with my girls. I have previous posts featuring this. So when I came across this gorgeous antique piece I had to have it! LOL

It's just perfect for appetizers, sandwiches and desserts!

Then I found this beautiful tea cup, I had to have!



I was happy with my finds, but my heart is still searching for that perfect tea set! ;-)


So this morning I called Kathleen into the kitchen to eat.... This is how she arrived at the table....


Apparently she was cold this morning! LOL

Then we were off to the grocery store to get all the items I needed for my meal plans this week.
After coming home and getting all that organized, I decided to organize the girls learning area downstairs. We had a lot of this in a desk area in our kitchen but it was getting a bit unruly! LOL So I decided to carry it all down and rearrange everything. Can't believe I'm sharing the before pictures, it doesn't usually look this bad!
Here's the before..... (be still my heart! ;-)  )



Yikes! I really can't believe I'm posting this... for those of you that know me personally I never let anyone see my house like this. I like things very neat and tidy.

So here is the after.....




Whew, that's much better I was about to have a panic attack! LOL Actually there are still a few more tweaks on things I need to make. This area was one of the reasons we bought our house. It actually extends around the other side, and has a bar area. Of course we don't use it for that, it's storage for the kids things.

I was really laughing when Hayley came downstairs like this, I think the hard work got to Hayley because she looked like this midway through! One day she is not going to think this was such a funny picture to post.


So as it was getting into evening hours, I managed to complete my dinner as well!

Sharing the recipe, this is super yummy and easy. The girls loved it!

Italian Pie

1 lb ground beef, browned ( I use ground turkey and add just a little water to it to keep it from getting too dry while cooking it)
Garlic salt and pepper to taste
16 oz jar spaghetti sauce ( or homemade equivalent)
2   8 oz cans crescent rolls
1/2 cup  shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese

First season the meat with garlic and pepper to taste; then brown it

Add spaghetti sauce and simmer at least 5 minutes

Meanwhile layer one can of crescent rolls in the bottom of a greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Be sure to spread roll to edge of pan.

Pour spaghetti mixture over the rolls

Layer cheeses on top.

Spread remaining crescent rolls over the top.

Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and bake 15 mins more. Makes about 12 servings.

Nothing spectacular in looks, but it tastes yummy! This is great served with a salad!

Just a few more pictures today of Longwood gardens to share.


I just thought this was a pretty display.

These several shots are actually trees that have been shaped and growing for years! I just loved them.



Aren't they so neat?

My two beauties!


" Give the world the best that you have, and the best will come back to you."
- Madeline Bridges

I hope you all had a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Jill

8 comments:

~Brenda said...

Your new tea cup matches your blog border. ;-) Sounds like you had quite the busy day, but also a productive one.

Blessings,

~Brenda

Donna said...

Jill, I love your pretty dishes! I like Victorian things too but have gradually transitioned over to country...since that is where we have lived for the last six years. :o) I still have some beautiful china but none of the rooms in the house is decorated truly Victorian any more. Our bedroom is the closest though. All our bedroom furniture is that style.

Your sweeties are so cute! Great job on the clean up. You are VERY brave to post true before pictures. :o) What a woman!

You go girl!

xo
Donna

PS. My Monday was PACKED as was Sunday. I'm working on a post as we speak. What a week!! No grandbaby yet. :o)

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Love the three tier server. I have one that is white. I like yours the best.
The girls look like they are having fun out!!!
Blessings,
Bren

Mandie said...

That recipes sounds great. I love the before and after shots. When you have kids it is bound to happen. My girls rooms always look messy, lol. We have recently cleaned out our computer desk and that was a chore. The kitchen table was full of what looked like junk but we found a place for all of it :)

Jill said...

Thanks ladies for your sweet comments and for stopping by! :-)

Olives and Pickles said...

Your girls are beautiful..Enjoy nature!

Annie Jones said...

The 3-tier tray is beautiful!

I'm like you, I like things neat and organized. But I'll be darned if life doesn't happen sometimes and make my house look like a tornado came through. At our house, all it takes is a couple of things left out of place overnight, then the next thing I know, the place is in chaos.

Sheila said...

Love the 3 tier tray. That teacup and saucer are gorgeous too. Looks like Hayley was working hard. It sure doesn't take long for my house to look like your before area--you would think with 4 adults living here we would keep things neat. HA!!! I'll have to try the Italian Pie recipe--looks good. I love bonsai--I had quite a few at one time but they didn't survive all our moves. Gorgeous girls as always. Have a great week. Take care.