Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Curly Q's

Our family is cursed , blessed with straight hair, LOL. For our trip to New York on Saturday, Hayley wanted to do a "trial" run on how she wants to wear her hair. She wanted me to try the curls to match her doll Lanie that we are taking along with us. So I got out my trusty pink rollers for her to sleep in, which have never let me down.... Of course Kathleen wanted her hair curled up too, can't leave her out! She's my girly girl. LOL

                                                                   The before shots....



                                                                         The after! They were quite pleased with the results, and Hayley has decided she will be wearing it like this for American Girl.

I had my doctor's appointment today. I went with a new Dr. and a new office because I wasn't happy with the Dr. I had been seeing. I was pretty happy with them, it was a well visit, but she did check me over and said it looked like a bad cold/ flu bug and that she didn't see any infection. Thank goodness. :-) Have to go back in Sept. to get blood work. I've also been having trouble with pain in my stomach so they want to get me in as soon as possible for a ultrasound. They are trying to schedule me for Friday. Ugh. If you know me I hate going to the doctor's. I am all about living as naturally as possible with no meds. etc. So far I've been lucky not having regular medications. So I will probably worry myself over the testing. But I really shouldn't have put it off for so long. As a Mom I put everyone else's needs before my own, and I need to start taking better care of me so I can be with my girls and my husband a long time.


On a happier note.... I was accepted into the college I applied for today. :-) Just have to wait for information about financial aid to come through. So I'm excited! If all goes well I'll start school by an online program September 7, 2010. I told Hayley we'd be studying together and she looked at me and said "Mom aren't you a little OLD for college?" What! Hello, I'm not that old, plus I've already completed 8 years of college. Gee they sure can make you feel great. LOL :-)

Another little funny...we were watching a dance show the other night, and the guy had won like a million dollars... he was break dancing and Hayley made this comment "Well you think if he won all that money he'd be able to afford to buy a belt to keep his pants up!" LOL I hope she remembers that when she begins to date if the fashion is still the same. That's always drove me crazy, how can pants around your knees be considered style? Hmmmm Just my opinion.

Hope you all have a great evening. Thanks for all my get well wishes, I appreciate them all. Today at least the aching has subsided. :-)

                                                Blessings,
                                                      Jill

17 comments:

Our Family said...

We are blessed with straight hair in our family too! My girls would just LOVE those curlers!!
So cute!
Jessica

Sheila said...

Jill,
Congratulations on getting into college. I have thought often about going back to school--I just have one problem--I don't know what I want to be when I grow up!! I did go to nursing school but dropped out before I finished--had to pay bills. It's been so long ago that I would have to start all over again.
Love the curls--they look so good on both girls.
Good luck with the doctors visit--I pray it is nothing serious. I go every 3 months--but then I have several issues my doctor likes to keep on top of. Take care!! Sheila

A Hopeful Heart said...

Congratulations on getting into the college. Hope the financial aid goes well too.

The girls' hair looks great. They are beautiful girls.

I must tell you, though, I am one of those gals that has been fighting my curly hair for years. I actually had straight hair as a little girl, but at puberty that all changed. I've been battling it for 30 years now. I HATE HATE HATE my curly hair, and just last week, I had a huge meltdown in the salon chair, as I attempted to get a new hairstyle. With my curls it won't work, so I'll just keep wearing it the same way...and using a flat iron and round brush to blow it out straight every day.

That's too funny what your daughter said about the guy's pants. Truly, I don't know how it's even remotely comfortable to walk around with your pants down that low. It'd drive me crazy.

Have a great evening.
Hugs,
Patti

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Your daughters are so cute. Love the hair. Thank you for sharing your treasures. Blessings, Martha

Lisa B. said...

Congrats on going back to school! Love the girls' curls.

Jill said...

Thank you ladies!

debbie said...

GOOD EVENING JILL,
THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY TODAY. KATHLEEN AND HALEY ARE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS. I AM 55 YEARS OLD AND I CAN REMEMBER WHEN I WAS 5-13, MY MOTHER PUTTING DIPPITY DO ON MY HAIR AND AT FIRST IT WAS BRUSH ROLLERS WITH THOSE HORRIBLE PINK STICK PINS AND THEN THEY CREATED PINK SPONGE CURLERS. I WOULD TAKE THE CURLERS OUT AND THE CURLS WOULD STAY STIFF AS IF THE CURLERS WERE STILL IN MY HAIR. MY DAD ALWAYS DEMANDED MY HAIR BE KEPT IN CURLS AS HE DID NOT WANT ME LOOKING LIKE A STRINGY HAIR ORPHAN. THAT USE TO HURT MY FEELINGS BUT HE WAS A VERY STERN MAN.
HUGS
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK
SIMPLY DEBBIE
CONGRATULATIONS ON GOING BACK TO COLLEGE. I WOULD LIKE TO DO THAT BUT WE ARE ON A VERY EXTREMELY LIMITED BUDGET....YOU GO GIRL...WE'LL BE CHEERING YOU ON AND I WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE YOU ON MY PRAYER LIST.

firefly said...

I just LOVE the curls!! I am blessed/cursed, not sure which, with curly,wavy, frizy hair. If only I had the patience to do curls like those. They are gorgeous!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on getting into college!! WOW- 8 years under your belt already?? I am in awe!!

What Hayley said about the guys pants made me laugh. My Pa would tell me if I ever brought a guy like that home he would get the stapler after him... lol, made me think twice!!! :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Beautiful hair! My Hailey always wants me to cur her hair, but it isn't quite long enough.

Praying God will give the doctor wisdom for your health. Yes, take the time to care for yourself. You're kids and husband need a healthy mom. Don't ever feel guilty about that.

Congrats on getting into the college you wanted!

BEAR's Mom said...

Jill, thanx for stopping by and visiting me and the BEAR...i remember those pink spongy curlers...i'm doomed with straight hair, but i spike it so it's ok with me...cute peeps ~ i take it they're big American Girl fans :D
feel better soon and congrats on your college plans...hope you get good news about $$$ aid.

{{{HUGS}}}

~victoria~

Cindy said...

The curls looks great!
Glad you are feeling better and that your going back to school plans are all working out!
Have a great time this weekend!
And enjoy the day

SonyaAnn said...

I love the how their hair turned out! They are so cute. I have super curly hair and it isn't everything that it is cracked up to be!
And I'm glad that you liked your new Dr. That is a gift and congrats on school! It's wonderful that your girls will see their mom as a student! It will give them the life long lesson of achieving!

Julie said...

Congratson the college news :) Thats awesome.

Thank you for visiting/following my blog! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

And I'm glad to have found yours! My oldest daughter is almost 7 and just discovering the American Girl dolls...so she will love seeing the crafts your girls made.
I am planning on doing some unit studies/lapbooks with the Am Girl books this fall.

Have a blessed day, and I hope you start feeling better :)

Jill said...

@ firefly, LOL A stapler you say your Dad would use? That's too funny. My husband always jokes when our daughters date and bring the boys home they will see him cleaning his guns. LOl

Thanks to all you ladies for the well wishes for the Dr's and school I appreciate it so much!

@ Julie, Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment! Lapbooks will be a great idea to do for American girl!

Bec said...

oh their hair looks beautiful Jill! They both have such lovely colours as well.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

congrats on getting into college. What do you want to pursue? I hope that you get financial aid all lined up!!!!

Oh, I remember those pink sponge curlers when I was younger. My hair is straight like your daughters..and the only think I can do to get a decent curl is wash it and set it the night before. THeir hair turned out lovely!!!! You can tell them that...so cute :) :)

Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Camille said...

Clicked through on your link-within widget to get to this *old* post...how fun! I remember those curlers!! My Mom made us sleep in them...did you do that to your girls?? LOL!! Only we had shorter hair and my Mom rolled the curlers right up...eeeek!! Your girls hair is so pretty done like that...I'm sure they enjoyed the results. :)

Many blessings,
Camille