Saturday, August 7, 2010

Family visit and Saturday yard sale finds!

Today was a great day. This morning we went out yard sailing early while waiting for my brother in law and his family to get here. Since it was both of the two boys birthdays, we had a cake for them.

Dexter, laughing they were trick candles!

Jacob, he just turned one. He was so tired in this picture!

This is Kathleen with Jerry's brother Patrick and his other son Jerimiah

Jerimiah, Hayley and Dexter


The kids had a great time. We have been estranged from his brother for years when he was married to his first wife. A long story. Since they have divorced and he remarried we are working on mending old "wounds" Life's too short to sweat the small things. We feel the kids need to know who their family is. It was a good day. :-)

   Found some great deals today. First we got all these little houses for a train set for 50 cents (all)












I also got 6 place mats for $1.00 brand new!

A new pan for my cakes 50 cents!


This is a carafe with cup. I love these for our bedside stands at night. This one was just the right size for Hayley. This was also 50 cents.

I love this, just need some silver polish. This was $2.00


New plates ( stamped on back)


I just loved this, it's actually whiter but hard to see here.


This went nice with the dishes. I'm slowly building my collection. The colors are duller than my taste though. But still a good find. Plus when the girls and I have tea we can gussy up the settings. LOL



5 comments:

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

Great finds! Happy birthday to the boys.

And you are right...life is too short!

Jamie said...

Jill,Great finds at the sales.Zachary and I went SAturday morning and filled the van full of books.I will post Monday on that.The boys look so happy to be with you all.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Jill, That's so awesome you were able to visit with famiy and able to mend some old fences :) :) :) What a blessing that is..It looked like the cousins had a great time with your daughters too :) :) So cute

Oh, you found some GREAT yard sale stuff!!! Will you make a train set with the houses? Or will be they for decorations and playhouses for the girls? Oh that was a great deal...and the dishes. those are beautiful!!! I'll have to wait a little bit before I can go visit yard sales again!!!!

One of my favorite designers is Rachel Ashwell because the first book I ever read of hers she had wrinkly sheets and I liked that!!!...ANyway, in the kitchen she had a picture of her dishes ...every single one mismatched...but the common element is that they all had pink in them. so that's what I'm trying to do...make the colors pink, but not matched. Tea parties with your girls will be fabulous: ) :) :) I love a good tea party, too!!!

Have a nice Sunday. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Jill said...

Michelle and Jamie, Thanks for stopping by! Looking forward to seeing your books Jamie. :-)

@ Heather They will probally be put in a train garden. I haven't heard of Rachel Ashwell, I'll have to look her up. Thanks for stopping by and the lovely comments. :-)

colonialhomestead said...

I love birthday parties! Happy Birthday All! Life happens & famlies become estranged. I guess time can heal. We have had this happen in my family. After Grams death & again when Pap passed it just got worse. I am so thankful for for the kind blog friend like you I have found. Other than my kids, the homestead owner & my Mom I have been pretty alone. I am sure we are miles apart but it is fun to chat a bit.