Monday, August 9, 2010

Few more garden goodies and savings!

This weekend we found a few more goodies to enjoy from our garden. yummy!


I mentioned in a previous post about the deals and savings you can get at CVS Pharmacy stores. I went on Sunday and I wanted to share the awesome deals I got. I always scan their advertisement for things on sale, or that offer extra care bucks (ECB) that we may need. Then I gather coupons I may have that match, and I am sure to scan my card to see if there are other coupons available in the store.

Below is what I got on this particular trip.



The coke I like to keep on hand when we have company. It was on sale 2/$3.00 When I scanned my extra care card a coupon came out for $1.00 off so I got 2 cokes for $2.00.

Next the 8 pack of AA Duracell batteries was on sale for $5.99 The coupon printer also printed out a $1.00 off coupon... total price $4.99

Then the x-tra laundry detergent was on sale for $1.99 (Great price and it cleans as well as the higher end laundry detergents)

Next colgate toothpaste was on sale for .99 cents! I had a $1.00 off 2 coupon and a .35 cent coupon so I got them for $1.62

Brawny paper towels (6 pack) was on sale for $6.49 and I had $1.00 off coupon, so I got those for $5.49

Then they had a special on Dulcolax (we need to use laxatives for Kathleen every day) When you bought it for $9.99 you get $9.99 back in ECB's. Plus I had a $3.00 coupon. So it was free plus I kept 3.00 towards coming off the bill.

Then the Lysol automatic hand wash was on sale for $ 9.99, they were offering $5.00 back in ECB's plus I had a $3.00 coupon so I only paid $1.99

Suave deodorant was on sale for 99 cents, I had a 75 cents coupon so only paid 24 cents.

Then the hydro razor was on sale for $ 8.97 offering $4.00 in ECB and I had a coupon for $5.00 off. So it ended up being free.

Then I got disposable razors which were buy one get one free  $6.99 and $3.49 and I had a $3.00 coupon. So 2 packs for $7.48.

Then I needed mascara, that was $5.99 and a $1.00 off coupon so $4.99

Finally a spin brush toothbrush for Kathleen for $6.99 plus a $2.00 off coupon so $4.99

I paid $54.07 for 16 items and received $19.00 back in ECB so really spent $36.07 for all these items.

If you have a CVS nearby, it's worth it to review the deals. Can save a lot of money and it's great for stocking up as well as donating to local shelters. :-)

Kathleen wanted to show off her spin brush she got to decorate on her own. :-)


Have a great day!

Blessings,
Jill

15 comments:

Samantha said...

Thanks for following! I also like all music except rap! :)

A Hopeful Heart said...

Good for you!!! I know that when I am diligent about watching the store ads and using the store coupons, I definitely save money.

I can hardly believe the deodorant for 24 cents!! That's smart shopping!!

Blessings to you,
Patti

Karen said...

Great deals.. a friend at church is looking to put together a class on coupons 101.. I cant wait..
Good job.. Thank for sharing ..see ya soon

Mandie said...

Kathleen did a great job showing off her new toothbrush! I really wish we lived near a CVS, they have some great deals. We do live near a Walgreens and I try to take advantage of their good deals but they are not as good as CVS. Congratulations on all of your bargains!!

Jill said...

@ Samantha Thanks for stopping by!

@ Patti, Thanks isn't saving the greatest! Like a game, finding the best deals! :-)

@ Karen, That sounds awesome, definitely take advantage of that opportunity!

Jill said...

@ Mandie, thanks for stopping by! We have a Walgreens too but farther away. Our CVS is only mins from our house so I'm spoiled LOL I will tell Kathleen you liked her toothbrush LOL

~Krystle~ said...

Your garden is doing very well! I'm looking forward to getting us one started next year. Deals when you are shopping are great, good job!

Jill said...

@ Krystle Thanks! Gardens are the best, nothing like picking dinner from your own backyard!

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

I LOVE FRESH veggies!!! Thanks for following, I am following you back.
Bonnie :)

Jill said...

@ Bonnie, Hi! Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower! :-)

colonialhomestead said...

Thumbs up for the toothbrush! Kathleen could be the five star customer for this toothbrush company. So cute. Sam always likes spin toothbrushes too. I found some of red jewels in my rock garden finally. They will make a tastey tom salad. It is fun to find such tastey surprises in the garden. Coupons are free money to me. It has been fun to see just how much can be saved from week to week.

firefly said...

WOAH!!! I want to go shopping with you! That is MY kind of shopping... coupons, sales and discounts all rolled together! ROCK ON!!

Jill said...

@ Firelfy Thanks! I can also use a shopping buddy, the more deals the better! LOL

Leslie said...

those vegetables are amazing. i wish we had a garden like that.

Enchanted Moments said...

When is Australia going to get with the coupon deals..........???
We get brochures in the letterbox, which tell us what is on 'special' that week at that particular supermarket, but your coupons look like extra savings can be made.........