Monday, August 2, 2010

Garden treat, a spoiled cat, some of Hayley's jewelry designs!

After waiting for what seemed like forever, our cucumber plant in our garden has delivered!


We were so excited to grow our own fresh cucumbers! Yum!!

Some of you know we adopted a cat a few weeks back, thought I'd share a few updated photos of how he's adjusting. ;-)


This is the life!



He was so relaxed and comfortable, had his mouth hanging open while sleeping, LOL We love this guy....

I have featured below some of Hayley's jewelry she's been working on. She started at 7 years old and she is now 9 years old. I am so proud of her for sticking with this. ;-)









I wasn't happy with the lighting on these, the pictures don't do her jewelry justice. :-)

Hayley asked if she could add something to my blog, so the following is all her:

Hi, I'm Hayley.It is fun to make jewelry but, hard work.If I had a chance,I'd do it all day. If you have any questions on how I make my jewelry,please ask. If you want to have your own jewelry business you should have a good variety of beads. It's not always easy to twist off earrings. the easiest thing to make is probably a necklace. I say that because one, earrings can be hard to make like I said before and two bracelets are hard to measure. If I were to have a huge store I would definitely sponsor the library. I like going there to read books, I could stay there all day. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer, after all school is coming faster than you think.

O.k. back to me. She really wanted to have a "place" on my blog. :-) I can't believe how quickly she is growing up. Just a few shorts weeks before school starts. I wanted to include this poem I like, it's called My Symphony by Wm. Henry Channing. Illustrated by Mary Engelbreit ( Whom I just love!)

To live content with small means;
To seek elegance rather than luxury;
and refinement rather than fashion;
To be worthy, not respectable;
and wealthy, not rich;
To study hard,
think quietly,
talk gently,
act frankly;
To listen to stars and birds,
To babes and sages, with open heart,
to bear all cheerfully,
do all bravely,
await occasions,
hurry never.
...To let the spiritual, unbidden, and unconscious,
grow up through the common.

This is my symphony.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Blessings,
Jill


16 comments:

Annie Jones said...

The blue pendant is my favorite!

And that looks like one very happy cat.

>^..^<

Jill said...

Thanks Annie! I will tell her. And yes that is one happy, spoiled cat! LOL Thanks for stopping by!

Donna said...

Hi Jill, Thanks for dropping by. I love your daughter's jewelry! Tell her I said it is beautiful! I'd like to work on that. It would save so much money in the long run. Your new cat is adorable! What a sweetie. :o)

By the way, all you really need to be able to do is lighten the photos. You can do that for free using Picnik (free online photo editor). I just edited all the photos of my last two posts online using their service. :o)

Also you can save the photos at around 800 kb and if you post them extra large, they will look so much nicer on my blog. My friend, Shona Cole, a photographer and artist, told me that when I first started blogging. She said your pictures are the most important part of your post. Make them all X-large and all either centered, on the left or on the right. And make sure to edit them so they aren't too bright. I have followed her advice to the T. Her blog is www.shonastudio.blogspot.com. She is the author of The Artistic Mother. Her blog is all about art and mothering. You'd probably love it.

Thanks so much for sharing your daughter's jewelry. It's inspiring!

Frog Hollow Farm Girl said...

Hi Jill, thanks for stopping by my steamed clams and corn posting - sorry to hear that you are allergic to corn though! Your daughter sounds like a sweetheart and she had definitely got a great eye for design, color and balance. Ciao, bella!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Hayley, your jewelry is just beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us.

It also looks like you love your cat to pieces!

~Krystle~ said...

Hayley is so very talented, hope she keeps it up for a long while. I love the pink one! Hope you have a great week!

SonyaAnn said...

WOW she really has a talent for making jewelery. She should be selling it. And I'm sure that it would sell better with her there.
Have a great week!

Jill said...

Thanks everyone for your comments and actually she does sell it :-) that's how we're going to American Girl place. :-)

Adriane said...

I loved this post! Hayley did a great job on her jewelry. I think my seven year old daughter would probably love to make jewelry too. And I totally agree with Hayley about the library. It is one of my favorite places to go too. I hope you all have a fantastic week!

eileeninmd said...

Congrats on your cucumbers, it is nice growing your own veggies. Your kittie is cute and looks happy and content. Hayley's jewelry is beautiful. She is very talented.

Sheila said...

Hayley does amazing work--I couldn't pick a favorite--every time I scrolled down, I saw another one I like!! She is very talented.
Love, love, love that last picture of Elvis--he looks so content. I'm glad y'all found each other!!

Lisa B. said...

Hi Jill & Hayley. Love the jewelry, the feather one is my favorite.

It made me smile looking at your kitty and knowing he was rescued! Way to go.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Your daughter's jewelry is really good. Maybe she could sell some to save money for a car later or who knows what..but I truly think it's beautiful!! She's got skills with those hands of hers. I loved all the pieces. My personal favorite was the green heart necklace with the matching green heart earrings!!!

Glad kitty cat is adjusting fine. Does kitty cat have a name yet? I love cats!!!!!

Have a great week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Jill said...

Thank you everyone! @ Heather yes, his name is Elvis, he came with that name LOL

Angie Berry said...

How cute that Hayley wanted her own little spot on your blog! It won't be long and she'll be able to have her own. I know I shouldn't say that... they grow up way too fast! I'm not ready for them to go back to school yet. We still have lots that I want to do yet we start next week! =[

Country Whispers said...

Wow, Hayley does a fantastic job making jewelry. Everything looks wonderful. I think my favorite would have to be the purple since that is my favorite color.