Thursday, August 26, 2010

Great Birthday!

We had a busy day today. Up early to take Kathleen in to get fitted for her ballet shoes. :-) She is so excited! She can't wait to start, but she has a few weeks yet.

Then we headed out to Hayley's school to see her classroom for this year. We were lucky enough to catch her teacher there too. She seems really nice. Hayley found out a lot of her friends are in the class, and she's excited to start. Her teacher seems very nice too.

Came home and found more goodies in our garden. Also had to take a picture of the girls next to this sunflower Hayley grew from seed.



This thing is huge! That's a cucumber we picked from the garden.

The girls left me a little surprise on my bed....




They designed their own tower of candy for me for my birthday! LOL

For dinner we went out to Applebee's. It was nice to not have to cook. Then we went to Best Buy and Staples to get school supplies for Hayley and I. We got Kathleen her own notebooks too. Then we went into a bookstore called books for less. Hayley had a certificate from the library to use there. It's a resale book store. She got a Kirsten American Girl book and a Tinkerbell book from the series. Then they were clearancing popular titles and I found a hardback book by David Baldacci called Saving Faith so I got that. It was only a $1.00. :-) Can't beat that. Tomorrow I have to have blood work done so I couldn't eat after 8:30 PM. So Jerry ran in Giant and got us tasty cakes and a candy bar for Kathleen, they sang Happy Birthday to me in the van, LOL So I guess I get a rain check on a cake. :-)

Then when I came home they had a bag out on the table for me. They gave me beautiful cards and a beautiful necklace.


The moon was awesome tonight... ( this picture doesn't do it justice)


Then had to take pics of my other dogs Patches and Skippy. They don't hold still very well, LOL Even at 9:30 PM they were ready to play ball!!

Patches (L)  Ol' Sally (R)

Skippy and Jerry's foot, ha ha!

Also got another great shot of the sunflower.

My neighbor came over today also and gave me two books. The Whole Truth by David Baldacci and Eat, Pray, Love. She also gave me really super soft slipper socks, stress free shower gel and a scented pillow spray for destressing. Sense a pattern here? LOL She knows I've been going through a lot. I thought that was so kind of her. We have the best neighbors ever.
I had a wonderful day. We're hoping to plan a day trip on Sat. to celebrate some more.
Thank you everyone for my birthday wishes. :-)

Have a wonderful evening! Hope to get Kathleen's Sat. adventure posted tomorrow.

Blessings,
Jill

10 comments:

heather@actingbalanced.com said...

yay 4 someone else cooking! Happy Birthday!

colonialhomestead said...

Your birthday necklace is beautiful. Happy Happy Birthday. Sunflowers always make me smile. The girls are going to be great gardners before this summer is over. May God be with you for the tests. Thanks for the comment on my peg boards. It was a project winged with crossed fingers. So sweet of your neighbor to think of you.

~Krystle~ said...

I'm glad you had an amazing birthday! I love your sunflowers they are amazing. Hope the girls have a great school year and you too!

~ Noelle said...

happy birthday!
love the pics of the girls!

Adriane said...

Happy birthday! The girls' birthday present was so incredibly sweet. I love, love, love the sunflower shots! Have a great weekend!

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday to you and love that sunflower picture too!
Enjoy the day

Bec said...

So glad you had a lovely day, especially with the tests looming xx That sunflower is amazing from seed, we planted ours too late last year so only got a few floppy leaves. The necklace is beautiful and I love that kids always want to give chocolate and lollies for presents, it is after all the best present ever I hope you know ;)

Sheila said...

Jill,
I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday. Love the tower of candy!! Hayley's sunflower is beautiful--so tall--ours always fell over before they got that tall!! I bet Kathleen will have a blast at ballet. The necklace is gorgeous and you sure are lucky to have such nice neighbors. I've got your hand this morning. Take care.

Olives and Pickles said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! I am glad you had a nice day..enjoy your weekend

A Hopeful Heart said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday celebration!! That necklace is beautiful...and how could anyone go wrong with all that chocolate?!

Oh, the sunflower is awesome!!

Blessings to you,
Patti