Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hersheypark!

What a long weekend! jam packed and very little sleep! Hayley lost another tooth today on the top. Seems like they are falling out quite rapidly now! We also had our good friends over for the day for a visit. Our daughters met in Daisy Scouts a few years ago when they were 5 years old. They have a son near Kathleen's age and we always get together once a month alternating houses and having dinner. So we've watched our kids grow up together, we consider them family now. :-) Good friends, good times!

Yesterday we went to Hershey park and I took lots of pictures! I had to refrain from posting them all, LOL Will have to do a scrapbook for the rest.
Here's what the girls looked like at the start of the day 7 AM!


We go each year with my sister and her family so we have the shirts and were ready to go!
First place we visited was chocolate world... had to get our free piece of candy! LOL



Making the chocolate; ooh it smelled so good in there! They know what they are doing because after the ride they let you off into a huge store! But proudly we resisted. :-)



Now that's a Hershey kiss! This is Kathleen's favorite!

Then we had to check and see how tall they were for the rides this year:




Then we got to see some characters.



Fun on rides!



They started here......
AND
ended up here..... Yikes!


Hayley also rode the Great Bear for the first time in the dark, in the front seat with her Dad. I was a nervous wreck! My baby is growing up too fast! But she LOVED it.



Kathleen loved this ride, kept getting on over and over again!



I just like trolleys. Reminds me of watching Mr. Roger's neighborhood when I was growing up. ;-)



We saw a Sea Lion show while we were there...





Kathleen enjoyed the mister...



We fed the ducks...



Went to the zoo...








I have to say I was disappointed in the zoo. There was hardly any room and the animals looked so sad. Granted I heard they saved these animals from being put down, but I hate to see them in such limited spaces.
When I lived in NC, I LOVED that zoo. Wide open spaces, beautiful. Have not seen one that compares yet. I am a very big animal lover.

Then they had some fireworks for us to enjoy...



Kiss was also in concert at the Giant center while we were there.

We ended the evening at 12:20 AM like this




And did not get home or in bed until about 4 AM! Needless to say we are very tired, had to be up early today to prepare for our guests. But we had a great day!!

I know this was a long one, but I just had to capture the highlights of the day. :-)

Blessings,
Jill

5 comments:

Angie Berry said...

Whew! That post wore me out! We took a trip there a few years back and my kids absolutely loved it!! I have some of the same pictures... seeing how tall they are and what they could ride. On that day we only went through Chocolate World and Hersheypark and that wore us all out. I can't imagine adding all that other! But looks like the girls had a great time and wonderful memories were made.

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

What a long day, but it looks like so much fun! I hope to one day make it to the park! I am a chocolate addict...the perfect place for me!

Camille said...

What a fun day Jill! I didn't know there was such a thing as Hershey Park! How wonderful that you caught it all on "film" or "memory card" as the case may be! ;-)

What a LONG day!! The girls (and you) must have been SOOOO tired, but happy, I am sure!

Blessings,
Camille

Jill said...

@ Angie, Yes we were/ are so tired!!! :-) But it was worth it!

@ Camille, you can pull up there website and see all they have to offer, it's a neat place to go! I couldn't possibly post all the pics I took though. LOL

SonyaAnn said...

It looks like a wonderful and fattening day! I would gain weight even if I didn't eat anything!! Thank you for sharing.