Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A "Japenese" Tea party, and more savings!!


" Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
Louisa May Alcott


Coming back from the store, we saw the beautiful butterlfy above, and then Kathleen picked me flowers from our front garden like she does just about every day to place in a vase on our table. :-)


Found a few more goodies from our garden too. :-)

I went to CVS this morning because we were out of vitamin C's and we need to stay stocked up on those for the season ahead, then Hayley told me she would like a spinbrush to decorate like Kathleen's. So I went online to find a coupon and I did for $2.00 off. :-) This is what I got today:


Vitamin's were buy one get one free, $6.39 for 2 bottles
Spin Brush was $6.99 less $2.00 coupon so $4.99
Faith Hill Perfume was $9.99 was free I had $9.99 in ECB's from the last visit.
I also had ECB's totaling another $9.00

My total cost for the above items including tax was $2.50 :-)


Putting a smile on Hayley's face? PRICELESS!

I also decided to do a Japenese tea party with the girls using what we had on hand.
I had the girls decorate the front and back of construction paper with butterflies and flowers. Then we folded it and made fans.
Then I had them choose a stick outside, and using pipe cleaners and pink tissue paper we attached it to the stick and made cherry blossoms.

For the Menu:

Green tea
Noodles
Grapes
Dessert, flower cakes! ( Took a flower cookie cutter and cut out bread, then put some chocolate icing on top with pink sprinkles. Yummy! The girls loved it! :-)


We used the coffee table in our formal living room, and pillows from the couch for them to kneel on.


Flower "cakes"


These lovely gals my Aunt brought home for me when I was very little after her trip there. I keep them in my curio cabinet now. Perfect for our tea today!

Better view of their fans and homemade cherry blossom branches.


We had a delightful time!


You thought I forgot the animal companions didn't you? LOL No they joined us to, here they are saying prayers before their meal. :-)

Hope you all have a wonderful, magical day!

Blessings,
Jill

11 comments:

~ Noelle said...

that butterfly picture is gorgeous!
the tea party looks like fun!!!!
happy early birthday!

A Hopeful Heart said...

Your Japanese tea party with your girls is SO precious and lovely. What creative ideas you came up with to make it a Japanese theme. What wonderful, beautiful memories you have made with your sweet daughters.

And how sweet that your little one always brings flowers to decorate the table. Such a giving heart, huh?

Hugs,
Patti

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

The Japanese tea party looks like fun! Aiyana is still loving her spinbrush! Chloe wants one too, but she is not old enough yet.

Jamie said...

Jill,I just read over at Life is a highway surrounded by corn that you won the state fair tickets.I didn't know you were in Indiana.That is so cool.I am in Shelby county which is South East of the fairgrounds.
The memories that you are making with the girls are so beautiful.
Blessings~

SonyaAnn said...

I love the tea party with the girls! You are a wonderful mom all the way around!

Bec said...

You are such a bargain shopper! Love the tea party, my kids love tea parties too.

Jill said...

Thank you Ladies!! ;-)

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

What a lovely tea party!!! You and your girls are so creative.
Blessings,
Bren

Lisa B. said...

The Japanese Tea Party is such a fun idea. I think I will have one with my granddaughters when they come this weekend.

Looks like you got some goodies from your garden. Great job!

Jill said...

Thank you Bren and Lisa! ;-)

Marla said...

Way to go on the CVS savings! And what a cute Japanese tea party!