Sunday, August 15, 2010

Jerry's Catfish fishing trip

My husband and his twin brother finally made time to get together yesterday. A fishing trip long overdue for the two of them. They both are the hardest working people I know and they NEVER slow down. They went out yesterday into the wee hours of today fishing with a guide. I wanted to record this moment to remember for years to come. It has been a rough year losing so many family members on my husband's side. Seems for awhile the only time we all were together was for a funeral. So sad that distance is a factor in this. We need to make more time for the good moments in life. Stop putting things off for another day, because no one is guaranteed a single day. We have to make the most of every day and be happy! Live life to the fullest, that's what it's all about.

  I am just happy to see the smiles on their faces and to know they enjoyed their time together. They were hoping to find a little larger catfish, but the rain and the wind played a factor. They were however happy with what they received.









Garry (his twin on L) Jerry on R

Have a wonderful Sunday, hope you take the time to do the things that really matter with your loved ones too. :-)

Blessings,
Jill

2 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh that looks like fun...those fish are HUGE...Can you say "fishy dinner"? Will you eat them eventually? Reminds me of this fast food restaurant when I was a little girl that sold catfish, corn on the cob and I can't remebmer what else...but it was so GOOD!!! Have a great week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Miranda said...

It looks like they had a great day! My oldest is totally into catfish and he so wants to try fishing for them. I think he'll have to settle for salmon since I don't think we will see many catfish in Alaska, but oh well. I suppose fishing is fishing. :)

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. I appreciate your comments.