Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Last day of being 35!


These pictures are just a little preview of our time at Longwood gardens on Sunday. Thought they were pretty to share on my reflective post this evening.

Tomorrow I will wake up and be 36 years old. Now there may be a few snickers as to why I'd want to share my age, and there was a time when I wouldn't. But in my 35 years (36 :-)  ) I have learned to appreciate and cherish each one of these days.

I have seen a lot so far in my life and I look forward to seeing, experiencing and learning so much more. A number can not define who we are or where we are in life.

I am blessed with a loving husband, amazing little girls, incredible parents and sister, as well as extended family, and true friends I know will always be there for me. I have so many things to be thankful for in my 36 years of life. I wouldn't change a thing. :-)

Now I embark on the journey of being a college student again after completing 8 previous years. I am a wife, Mommy, sister, and friend. I am blessed to celebrate another year with those I love and I wouldn't change one decision of all my years.

Thanks to all of you who follow, read and comment on my blog. I hope you know how much it means to me, and I look forward to getting to know all of you better.

Have a great day!

Blessings,
Jill

12 comments:

Midwest Mommy said...

Happy early birthday! That place looks gorgeous. Makes me want to go take pictures there too!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday my friend..
Hope you have great plans.. And look forward to being 36.. its been a while since I have been that age,,but you will love it..
Blessing for your b day..
x0x0

Camille said...

Happiest of birthdays to you tomorrow Jill! Have a FABULOUS day!! I agree with you...very often we do not really appreciate all we have been given, but birthdays often are good reminders aren't they? ENJOY the time with family and friends! :)

Blessings,
Camille

Kat & Steve White - The other White House said...

Hi Jill,

I hope you enjoy another wonderful birthday it's great to be alive and have the most important job in the world being a mom. I hope your day is special. Your New York photos are incredible. What a lovely trip you had. Big hugs

colonialhomestead said...

God has blessed us in blog land with a kind sweet friend. You Jill! Have a wonderful Happy Birthday my friend!

Sheila said...

Jill,
I pray you have the happiest of birthdays today. I'm so glad you found my blog and I found yours!! It's been a long while since I saw 36 too but that year turned out to be one of the most life changing for me--all in a good way. Take care!!

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday to you!!
Enjoy the day

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Happy birhtday my friend. May God continue to bless you with many more.
Birthday Blessings,
Bren

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

It sounds like you are in a great time of your life. Being content is a blessing! Happy Birthday!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday. Hope it is wonderful in every way.

A Hopeful Heart said...

Happy birthday, Jill!! Hope your day is filled to overlowing with love and joy...and that it's the beginning of one fantastic year.

Love,
Patti

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Happy birthday! Enjoy your last day of being in your early thirties ;) You are truly blessed!