Thursday, August 5, 2010

A little flashback...

Today has been one of those whirlwind days! Running some errands, taking a birthday gift over to our neighbor. Then waiting for the stove guy to come and check over our stove to make sure it was safe to replace parts on it. Then we had a play date we hosted here that lasted till 5:30 PM, then dinner and working on my menus and grocery lists for tomorrow. Another whirlwind day it will be tomorrow; groceries, more errands, and getting the house ready for my brother in law and his family to visit on Sat.

I always like to try to post something each day, so I thought I would flashback to one of my most favorite places. The last couple years for Mother's Day Jerry and the girls have taken me to Longwood Gardens. I absolutely love it there! It's so beautiful and relaxing. I could go every day! I wanted to share this post and hope you also can enjoy the beauty of Springtime there. I plan to go again and get updated pictures of more beautiful blooms. It was hard to narrow my favorite pictures I had so many! Hope you can enjoy this walk with me, grab a cup of tea and get cozy. :-)


This one of Jerry and Kathleen, I LOVE!












This tree is over 100 years old and they had to brace it to help hold it up.



In a fairy village....



We found a little surprise under the rock!





Isn't this an awesome tree house?









Love this one..fountain fun!



Love the sheer joy they express here!








My queen bees :-)





Hope you enjoyed our little tour of Longwood Gardens. It is a beautiful place to visit and this is only a small portion of all it has to offer. I am looking forward to going back and sharing more of the beauty with you.

Blessings,
Jill

14 comments:

Angie Berry said...

Oh, be still my heart!!! Did you see that Wisteria??? Incredible! I love it! All the flowers were gorgeous! Your girls look like they are having the time of their life. They are so cute in their pretty little dresses and the smiles on their faces are so delightful! What a wonderful time this must have been for you all.

Bella said...

Longwood Gardens is beautiful! I haven't been there in years ~ it would be lovely to go back for a visit.

Together We Save said...

Those pictures are wonderful... your daughters and the flowers are beautiful.

Jill said...

@ Angie, I know the wisteria is one of my favorites!! Thank you for your lovely comment!

@ Bella, it's worth the trip we're planning to go back soon we have a year's membership. Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful place!! Just found your blog, and I have enjoyed it!

Michelle

Karen Long said...

OMG Jill that purple tree,,, the one with you and your girls standing in front of it.. how beautiful that is..
That is a very pretty place, and great pictures. it looks like you and your family have a wonderful time.. the girls look so sweet..
Thanks for sharing...

Cranberry Morning said...

What beautiful photos! and looks like your daughters are having a wonderful time. We lived in Willow Street, PA for a year and loved that part of the country! What a beautiful state!

A Hopeful Heart said...

That garden is stunningly beautiful!! Thank you for sharing the photos.

What an awesome treehouse!! Can you imagine having one like that of your very own...you'd have the most popular house in the neighborhood.

finally, your girls are adorable. Don't you just love being a momma?!! It's by far the most favorite role I've ever had, and that's why although in my 40's with teenage kids, my husband and I are seeking to adopt.

Blessings,
Patti

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Jill...wow...I'll have to visit Longwood Gardens someday..it had everything..tree houses, whimsy, flowers, a faerie garden...romantic...very nice...I can see why you enjoy going there every year now :) :) I can also understand why you had a hard time narrowing down which photos to post. The place is simply stunning. Oh, your daughters are so cute..and they looked adorable in their matching dresses with the lovely flowers in their hair! If I ever have girls, I'll do matching outfits like that. That's so sweet!!! Love it!! have a great weekend, Jill. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Camille said...

What a GORGEOUS spot! Such fun photos of your girls! I enjoyed the photo of the three of you by that beautiful purple tree...such a lovely picture of the three of you. :)

Blessings,
Camille

Jamie said...

Jill,your daughters are like to little queen bees buzzing around the flower gardens.THey are so adorable.

Jill said...

@ Heather, Thank you! You have a wonderful weekend too!!

@ Camille, Thank you so much! It's rare Mommy is actually in the picture, I'm usually taking the pics! LOL Have a great weekend!

@ Jamie Thank you so much! They are my joy! Have a great weekend!

Karen said...

Jill. thanks for stopping by, and for the sweet things you said.. And thanks for asking about my son. he got his cast replaced so now it is under the elbow so he can bend his arm now and he got a release to go back to work.. so he is happy about that, but he is without transportation other than dear ole mom.. but all in all he is well on his way to mending pretty good.. thanks again for asking. well girl..have a great weekend and i will be intouch real soon.. God Bless

Leontien said...

Beautifull pictures, takes me back to my home country, The Netherlands, we had gardens like that everywhere...