Sunday, August 29, 2010

Longwood Gardens part 1

Another busy weekend here. Still trying to get caught up with my posts from the last week! Last Sunday we went to visit Longwood Gardens. We chanced the rain, but still had a good time. We hold season passes so we enjoy traveling down and spending the day. The girls love it and we always manage to make the most of it. Last time we went was in the Spring. I posted pics in a previous post from that time. Now I'd like to post a few times and share all the beauty we saw this time around. :-)
Getting ready to go!


They are focusing on different scent stages, this was made to represent a perfume bottle.


We enjoyed the various fountain displayed throughout.




Another perfume bottle...





I love this picture! She spent a lot of time smelling the flowers. :-)
We all need to take more time to this, don't you think?

This was one of the fountains in the children's garden they enjoyed playing in.


This is the first segment. I really enjoy going there, it's so beautiful and calming. There's just nothing like a garden to reflect in. So many gorgeous blooms to appreciate.

Lots more to come tomorrow! Welcome to my new followers and thanks for stopping by! Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Many Blessings,
Jill

8 comments:

Mama Hen said...

Jill you always have the best pictures! What a beautiful place and way to sepnd the day with the family! I hope you have a great Sunday!

Mama Hen

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Jill...how fun...I think I've fallen in love with this place. I loved gardens. This reminds me so much of the L.A. Aroboretum in Southern California. My mom would take me there all the time as a kid, and I'd just walk all over the place :) :) That land used to be owned by a gentleman named Lucky Baldwin. His house is a red/white Queen Anne cottage home...and it was the house that was used in the Fantasy Island tv series..

Your girls looked really sweet all dressed up for the outing :) :) I thought the outdoor fountains were really neat. It looked like something out of a beautiful old European castle!!! You are so blessed to have something like that nearby!!! Glad you could go have some fun...can't wait to see more photos :) :) All the photos were gorgeous. It really showed of the gardens very nicely :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Letherton said...

I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
I have lots of great giveaways going on.
Thanks :)

http://ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

Sheila said...

It looks like a fun time was had by all. I would love to visit Longwood Gardens. I love places like that. Gorgeous girls as always. I hope you are having a lovely weekend. Take care.

Wendi said...

Looks like a fun day!

Jill said...

Thanks Ladies for your sweet comments!

@ Heather... That sounds like a place I'd love to visit to!Thanks for your sweet comments. :-)

@ Letherton, Thanks for stopping! :-)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

What an amazing place! Thanks for sharing the pictures of all the lovely flowers!

The Paper Princess said...

Hi Jill

I visited the Longwood Gardens many years ago. It's a beautiful place - I appreciate the walk down memory lane!

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate your birthday wishes!

Hugs
Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com