Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Strawberry's, Risky Business? doll wash, muffins this and that kind of day!

Well I got a good laugh this morning when I saw how Kathleen chose to get the strawberries by herself and then eat them. LOL

Then we had a layed back kinda morning and Hayley was acting silly and came in dressed like this.... anyone remember Tom Cruise in Risky Business? The shirt just reminded me of that scene in his living room. LOL. Wow that was an old movie! LOL


Film poster for Risky Business - Copyright 198...Image via Wikipedia


Enhanced by Zemanta
Kathleen loves washing anything she can get her hands on, so I took out the "Barbie" pool for her to play with this morning. Kept her occupied for awhile!


I had planned to make nice warm, yummy blueberry muffins today but I have no oven still. The guy from GE is coming tomorrow to look over the stove and make sure there are no other issues before we get a new coil.
But I will still share the recipe and that way at least someone will be enjoying them. : 0 )

Blueberry Muffins  (New England Style)

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened margarine
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

1) Combine sugar, margarine, eggs and milk in large mixing bowl; beat well
2) Blend flour, baking powder and salt. Add into mixture until blended (about 1 minute)
Fold in Blueberries
3) Spoon into 12 well greased muffin cups filling almost to top of the cup. (cupcake liners are a great choice too!)
4) Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 mins.

Tastes best with real butter slathered on. :-)
Enjoy!!

This is just the first half of our day, I'm including a picture of Kathleen all worn out from playing one day.



Have no idea how this is comfortable! LOL

Hope you all enjoy your day, we have another play date here tomorrow so lots to keep us busy. ;-)

Blessings,
Jill

15 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Jill...

Thanks for sharing the stories of your girls. They sound so precious. If I ever have daughters, I hope they'll be like Hayley and Kathleen :) :) The photo of how your youngest lined up the strawberries before she ate them...that was cute. It made me laugh :) :) :)

Have a lovely Wednesday. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Kat & Steve White - The other White House said...

Hi Jill I'm not sure if I seen that movie or not but your daughter looks cute in the shirt.
The little sweeties keep mama busy. My daughter always liked to put things in her pool she had also, it must be a girl thing. They are both so darling. Have a fun day with your beauties. big hugs

firefly said...

Lily sleeps under things, too... tables, chairs, her bed... I wonder if it is an age thing??... I love how Kathleen ate the strawberries. Too funny!!

colonialhomestead said...

It so cool how kids can put together such fun ways to dress up. Haley has the cool look going there. They can bring back memories of days gone by. Kathleen must be really tuckered out. I pray your stove has nothing else wrong & can easily be fixed. The new stove I bought some time ago was not working about the time the store warranty was to end. it needed a temp. control replaced. They were kind enough to fix & extend the warranty an extra 6 mos. I have to tell you I got a slower cooker last Sunday. I just love it. I never used one before but you had a post with a recipe and a meal you prepared in one. We tried the no egg pancake recipe to. It was a hit. From another post it looks like our veggies are doing good. Off we go to swimming lessons today. Take care! Blessings to you & yours!

Whitney @ Life's a Highway said...

Hi, Jill! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you now, too! Your girls are precious and I love their red hair! The Risky Business outfit is pretty cute... funny how kiddos can create such great "outfits!"

Jill said...

Thanks ladies!

@ Whitney, thanks for stopping by and visiting and for your sweet comment!

Have a great evening!

A Hopeful Heart said...

Hi, Jill,

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today. It's nice to meet you.

Your girls are adorable. You probably don't need to hear this, but I will say it anyway....enjoy EVERY moment with them while they are so young. They grow up so quickly, and sooner than you are ready for it, they will be grown.

I had to laugh that you called Risky Business an old movie. I rarely watch any movies that were made after 1960. Most of the movies I watch are from the 1940's...and I even watch some from 1931....that's almost 80 years old!!! Although I do occasionally watch current fare, I simply prefer the classic-era movies.

Oh, blueberry muffins are my favorite kind of muffin!! I was actually going to bake some today, but the blueberries I thought I had in the freezer weren't there...my son dumped them in a smoothie yesterday.

Well, have a lovely evening,
Patti (Fill My Cup with Beauty)

Virginia said...

Hi, Jill! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I enjoyed reading your post, your daughters are adorable.
Enjoy them.... They grow up so fast.
Sweet Blessings,
Virginia

Lisa B. said...

Love how the strawberries were eaten! You have adorable girls!

That muffin recipe sounds wonderful too.

Mandie said...

Oh my goodness, Risky Business, lol. A classic. What a cutey. I love some of the outfits they put together, specially when they wear daddies shoes.

Your garden looks great! We had one volunteer squash plant and it did pretty good for a while and just gave out. We sure did enjoy it. Right now our garden if full of weeds and gourd plants. It looks aweful but the gourds look so cute.

Have a beautiful day!

Jill said...

@ Mandie Thanks for stopping by! You can make some lovely bird houses out of those gourds after drying them! Have a great evening!
Jill

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

Yes, definitely reminds me of Tom Cruise! That is too cute!

Frog Hollow Farm Girl said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my vegetable garden post and leaving a comment! Your girls look so adorable, and it seems that they are really enjoying their summer. Dressing up and washing things in a little swimming pool - wonderful fun past times for little girls. That trail of strawberries was so funny! I remember my daughter taking about 10 packs of gum from a front counter display one summer day as I stood talking to the shopkeeper. My daughter took about 3 big chews from each pack, right through the paper, then put it back and tried another flavor. I was mortified but the shopkeeper just laughed - she was a nice lady! Hope you are keeping cool - it's very muggy here today in NJ. Ciao, bella!

Country Whispers said...

Those muffins sound delicious.
You are so right about the kids growing up way too quick. It seems like just yesterday that they were all babies.
That floor picture sure doesn't look comfy but from a kids standpoint it is just perfect.

Bella said...

That is too cute! A girl after my own heart. :)