Friday, September 24, 2010

Another blog award :-)

I am quite blessed to be awarded another blog award. Thank you so much Donna! http://homemakingarts.blogspot.com

For this award you are to list ten things others may not know about you. Then pass the award on to 5 other bloggers. But I have to say I can't possibly pick only 5 more blogs that I enjoy, so I am giving this award to all my followers. You guys have wonderful blogs that I enjoy reading each day. Please right click the picture and save to your photo file and upload the pic from there. Be sure to list ten things though, that's part of the fun. :-) Thank you all for taking time to stop by and leave such lovely comments and emails. I am truly blessed!

                                                    Ten things you may not know about me:

1) My favorite color is emerald green :-)

2) I love makeup, have ever since I was little and I enjoy giving makeovers to others. :-) I can't go to the mailbox unless I have that along with my lipstick on, LOL

3) I use to model when I was younger and I loved it. Still love all the latest fashions even though I can't afford them now. :-)

4) I have loved John Travolta since I first saw him in the movie Grease. His genuine personality is just a part of why I like him so much. :-)

5) I love to read! Everything I can, and I encourage my children to do the same.

6) I got married at 19 and still with him to this day. :-) We met when I was 16.

7) I love animals :-)

8) I have a very type A personality and don't know how to slow down :-)

9) I've lived in several different states following my husband's old job. Great experiences and met some wonderful people along the way.

10) Even though I have a blog, I tend to be a very private person. LOL I know the irony but it's true. Only my closest friends and family truly know me. I am blessed to have them in my life. :-)

O.k. now it's YOUR turn. :-)  Have a fabulous weekend!!!!

                                                                              Blessings,
                                                                                  Jill

9 comments:

Foxglove Spires said...

Congradulations!!!! Thank you for sharing 10 things about yourself, its was lovely to read.

Have a lovely weekend. xxx

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

OH...that's funny about the lipstick...I have to have lipgloss on, or my face feels naked. I LOVE emerald green. It goes great with olive skin/brown eyes people like me :) :)...but I"ll have to admit that burgundy red/crimson red are my favorite colors :) :) :)

That's so cool that you like to give makeovers!!!! ARe you still doing Mary Kay? Have a great weekend!!! I understand about being a private person and having a blog :) :) :) I love to share...but there's parts of my life I keep private...and my family and friends know me :) :) Anyway...you deserv this blog awaard..Enjoy it :) :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Kat said...

Hi Jill I am the same way I am a blogger but also very private. I guess there are things to share and things to share only with a few, that is the best way to protect yourself from being hurt and other reasons I guess as well. I love John Travolta, I think he is my age. Ha ha ha! I love to read also but I only have time to read my craft books and the bible right now. I just made my daughter a purse for Christmas today.
Wow you are getting so many awards, that is why I don't do them anymore you start to get to many. I see some blogs are award free. I won't go that far, but I don't know if I want one everyday since I don't blog much. You do have a darling blog and with those sweet daughters of yours and pets your blog is really special for sure. Have a wonderful weekend sweets. big hugs

Junibears said...

Hello dear Jill,
Thanks so much for visitting me, I sure appreciate it
You have a lovely family, I love to see the pics of your girls doing their crafts!
Have a great weekend and coming week.
Blessings and hugs
June xx

Donna said...

Dear Jill, I tried to leave a comment but my keyboard wouldn't work. I accidentally spilled a little water in it. I have a laptop and am now using it to leave a comment. I woke up thanks to our dog--in bed--and now can't go back to sleep.

I wanted to tell you much earlier today how much I enjoyed reading about you. The makeup thing really made me laugh. How sweet! I'm so opposite of that that I'm always amazed and interested when friends are 'into' makeup.

I just inherited two new bottles of nail polish from a friend I was helping pack up her house. Now I have THREE bottles of nail polish! But we are alike about the type A thing. I wanted to give you this award because you ARE beautiful--both as a woman and as a blogging friend. I appreciate your comments so much!

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home

claudia b said...

Following your blog courtesy Donna @ Comin' Home!

Karen said...

Congratulations my friend.. your blog is AWESOME!!!

Lynn said...

Hey there Jill, thanks so much for visiting my blog, I will definately be back to visit you often, I hope you are having a good weekend!

A Hopeful Heart said...

I'm with you on the makeup thing. When we used to go camping, I was one that ALWAYS had to wear makeup and do my hair. I am just part of the "always look polished and put together" crowd.

I'm dating myself here, but I first discovered John Travolta back in the early/mid 70's on Welcome Back, Kotter. I had SUCH a crush on him then.

Rejoicing with you on how long you and your husband have been together.

Blessings and hugs,
Patti