Saturday, September 25, 2010

Beautiful day for a yard sale, and a tea party! ;-)

                      What a beautiful day we had today for our community yard sale! Sunny and warm with just the right breeze, and lots and lots of people!! :-) Always a great way to start a yard sale. I began to get quite sentimental on our first piece sold. It's the play set that my girls grew up on since they were just about 6 months old. But a young family with a very excited 1 year old took home the treasure. So it continues to bring happiness to another family and I'm o.k. with that!
I had to take a picture for my memories of course. Look how big they look next to it now...sigh......

I was also snapping random shots of them busy playing while we were helping customers. :-) These moments always bring me joy.



We did really well! Having the other neighbors in on it really helped! Then we set the rest out for free and what was left loaded it up and dropped it off for donation. Hayley had a birthday party to go to so Jerry took her and Kathleen and I had a tea party! She was so excited!! I just love her enthusiasm! :-)

Can you guess who picked the menu? LOL Plus she wanted to dress for the occasion!! I did too but gee no one to take my picture, LOL That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

The cup on the right side was melted chocolate for dipping our strawberries in. YUMMMMYYYY!!!!

                                                Watch me Mom.......

                                             I can put my pinkie up when drinking my tea properly!

                                   Oh delicious! Can you just taste the chocolate?? So good!!

                                                  I have a feeling she really enjoyed this! LOL

We wrapped up with two really great books. Kathleen kept saying again! again! They really engage the children.

This one required dancing and was lots of fun!!! We read it a few times. Reading their favorites over and over is a great way to help them recognize their words for reading. The more fun it is for them the more likely they are to stay engaged.
                                               Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!

                                                              Many Blessings,
                                                                  Jill

18 comments:

Karen said...

Love Tea Parties.. I cant wait for Breleigh to be old enough to dress up and have a tea party..
Great Pictures....

A Hopeful Heart said...

Oh, Jill, you are just SO enjoying your girls and the lovely things you can do with them. Your tea party with Kathleen sounds totally delightful...a time filled with sweet memories. A very fall-ish tea party that was. Were those pieces of cheese cut into those leaf shapes?

Kathleen's teacup is SO pretty.

Hey, y'all had your own garage sale not long ago, so coupled with today's community sale, y'all must have emptied your house of alot of excess stuff.

Have a lovely rest of the weekend.

Love,
Patti

Frances said...

Your tea party sounds like so much fun!

Crystal Mary said...

Well it is lovely seeing children be children, happy and free. LOVE.... the tea party, cups and saucers with all the goodies..

The Little House That Grew said...

We love the little old lady that was not afraid of anything. It's kind of creepy but still a good yarn. The fact that the clothes sort of float around and follow the old lady is weird but the tale she is a good one. What a cute post!

Veronica Lee said...

Your tea party sounds awesome. Love the pics. Your daughter is adorable!

Have a blessed Sunday!

Camille said...

What could be better than chocolate in a cup?? How lovely! :)

You are right about the sentimental memories these treasures can stir up Jill...but that other family will enjoy that little slide too...that's what I comfort myself with when I part with something like that. Good for you to sell it...you did the right thing. :)

Blessings to you!
Camille

Junibears said...

I love your post today and the beautiful pictures. I bet you both enjoyed that fab tea party!
Hugs June xx

Sheila said...

Oh, I want to come to a tea party with you and Kathleen. It looks like y'all had a blast. I'll have to look for those books--since my girls are grown, I don't look at childrens books any more. Just last week, I was talking to Jessica about their playhouse and the Little Tykes motorcycle she had. I hope Hayley had fun at the birthday party. Take care.

Foxglove Spires said...

Such lovely photos, looks like you had a wonderful day and your tea party just perfect!! My little princess loves tea parties as well.

Have a wonderful week. xxx

Sandy J said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Is that pieces of cheese cut with fall cookie cutters? That's a wonderful idea. Bet my nieces and nephew would get a kick out of that for Thanksgiving.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I love tea parties...and I'm glad that you and Kathleen had fun :) :) :) The menu looks delightful..and I have to say the strawberries with chocolate sounds really good, too!!!

I'm glad you were able to have another yard sale. I was picturing the joy on the little one year old's face upon looking at the play set. That set will be well-loved!!!...and a blessing to a young family, too!!!!

Have a great week, Jill. Did Hayley have fun at the birthday party?

Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Jill,
Oh what a perfect day for you and your family. The yard sale sounds like it went very well and wonderful memories passed on to another family to enjoy with their little one.

The tea party with your daughter is just delightful from start to finish. Such yummy goodies to enjoy. You are a dear and wonderful mom and making such precious memories with your girls. God Bless you always.

Have a great week sweetie.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Jill, What a sweet post! You have 2 beautiful daughters. What a joy! But that little one and her tea party pictures... priceless! She looks like she was cut out to be the "tea party princess"... or should I say good witch!
All the goodies look divine, and kid friendly.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my visit!
Leaving here with a big smile on my face and some sweetness in my heart!
Yvonne

Flying Giggles and Lollipops said...

My goodness, you always have the most beautiful tea parties! One day, you are going to get a knock on the door and I am going to be there crashing your tea party! Your daughter looks so cute in her costume!

BTW, I tagged you at http://www.flyinggigglesandlollipops.com/2010/09/blog-awards-tag.html

Jill said...

What a fun tea party!! and I'm adding those books to our wish list...
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings!
jill

Linda said...

Your tea party sounds wonderful! Loved your beautiful photos.
Your daughter is so cute.Have a great week.
Blessings

colonialhomestead said...

So great you all had such good weather for your sale. I always have a hard time getting rid of my kids toys. They just hold so many memories. neat you took a photo of the girls in front of the playset. Oh how they grow up fast. I am sure you will be blessed for making it possiable for the new owner of the playset to have such a wonderful treasure to make memories to. Blessing to you & yours!