Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Forgot the little tip.....Here it is!

O.k. all you moms and dads potty training your kids. Have you ever noticed in public restrooms the toilets like to automatically flush on the little ones scaring the wits out of them and hindering potty training? When we were at DisneyWorld last year potty training Kathleen was under wraps, until the dreaded automatic toilets were dealt with all week. Talk about a set back. She was terrified to go to the potty. So I started holding my hand over the sensor to keep it from flushing on her. Well instead of touching a grimy wall, carry post it notes in your purse, or pockets for Dads, and put one over the sensor next time they need to go! :-) Lifesaver and germsaver! LOL

Blessings,
Jill

8 comments:

Annie Jones said...

Scaring the wits out of the little ones? What about us big ones???

Mandie said...

My oldest is 11 and I still have to put something over the scensor, LOL. She has some serious issues when it comes to public restrooms. One time I was in there with her and the toilet flushed when she was pulling up her pants. I opened the door and she went out screaming and ran into the hand dryer and it started going off. She was traumatized! It was sooo cute and funny but it really did upset her, LOL. Blessings!!

Lynn said...

Its been a long time since I have done any potty training lol Those toilets are scary though :o)

Jill said...

@ Annie....I agree! LOL

@ Mandie.... So true, my daughter is scared to death of the powerful hand dryers too LOL She'll grab toilet paperif theres no towels! LOL

@ Lynn.... Thanks for stopping by! It's always an adventure here :-)

Lisa B. said...

I was coming to say the same thing Annie did! lol I've had some very sensitive ones go off while still squatting and it never fails they spray ya! lol I HATE public restrooms.

A Hopeful Heart said...

I HATE public restrooms!!! And I hate that everything in them is automatic. Like Lisa B. says, it never fails that the toilet will automatically flush before I'm finished...and I end up getting sprayed.

And then you put your soaped-up hands under the automatic faucet, and the water doesn't come on. Seems THAT sensor isn't so easily triggered.

Hope you're having a good day.

Love,
Patti

Kim said...

That's a great tip! My 6 year old is still scared to death of automatically flushing toilets. I'll have to put some Post-Its in my bag.

The Little House That Grew said...

In some restrooms the place is so automated that you don't touch a single thing...then the sensors aren't working and you stand around waving your wet hands at anything that lloks like a sensor!