Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Good morning Kathleen,LOL, Some quotes to ponder and a tip to share!

Can you believe this beautiful, happy little girl (who appears to be quite flexible...see her foot turned around?)

Can turn into this "lovely" little person first thing in the morning. Who demanded a coat for warmth and sunglasses because the kitchen light was too bright? LOL Need I say more? Kathleen is NOT a morning person at all! LOL Just had to share as there are many sides to our children. :-)

Oh and of course she was not going to smile for me either. :-)

We are waiting today to get our cable which should be any time now and I'm very excited! :-) No more getting knocked off the internet when the phone rings, or losing connections for no reason, or slow loading everything! Will also be nice to not lose t.v. channels when the wind blows too hard or it rains! LOL

Thought I'd share a few of my favorite quotes for you to ponder today. As you read think of how very important our families are to us. How we should slow down and make time for them. We shouldn't take for granted that they will always just "be there" Each day is a gift to treasure. I wanted to share about my friend's good friend. Her child was playing a video game on his t.v. when the stand collapsed and the 42 inch t.v. fell on him. She lost her 2 1/2 year old son that day. It's a tragedy and many prayers have been sent to this family. Just makes you think.....really think. Hug your loved ones today, forgive those that may need forgiving, and live in each moment. Don't worry what will happen tomorrow, next week, next year. Do what you need to today to be happy. :-)

"Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible-the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing environment."    Virginia Satir

"Your family and your love must be cultivated like a garden. Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned constantly to keep any relationship flourishing and growing"       Kim Rohn


This is one of my favorites.......

"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses."
                                                                                                   Alphonse Karr, French writer and editor

Our thinking and perceptions can shape so many things in our lives. We choose happiness or defeat. Cast out the negativity I feel it kills a soul. Be thankful for the good in things, not the bad. (My words, LOL)

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."    Abraham Lincoln

AMEN!

Hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.

Jill

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Even when Kathleen is not happy, she makes me smile. I love the second picture--too cute!! I wouldn't mind a coat and sunglasses most mornings myself. The first thing I noticed in that first picture was her foot--OUCH!! I don't think I was ever that flexible. Love the quotes. I think I'll print those so I can look at them every so often--they all say so much. I hope you are having a lovely week--it's gray and raining here again today but that's a good thing!! Take care.

Lynn said...

LOL that is just too funny, kids can really be as different as night and day you just never know what kind of mood they are going to be in lol

Bec said...

I feel Kathleen's pain, I am also not a morning person, she is much cuter than I am at that time though lol. I especially love the first and second quotes.

Olives and Pickles said...

She is an adorable grumpy sweetheart.
Happy Michaelmas Day!

Sandy J said...

Oh my gosh she is adorable in that second picture even if she is not a morning picture. That is the type of picture you save and use in a slide show when she is 16 or on her wedding day :0)