Sunday, September 19, 2010

Great Weekend, celebrating my Mom's Birthday :-)

We had such a busy weekend running to and fro! Saturday we took a long drive and visited some antique shops. We found a beautiful homemade dress for Kathleen, and Hayley bought a lovely flower hat. From the time Hayley was young, I've always had her pictures taken in hats, she's a natural for wearing them! :-) I love how the shots of both these girls turned out!




My Mom's birthday is on the 23rd. Since we wouldn't be able to see her on the day, we had a cake for her.

The girls love their Nana so much! Ignore the candles on the cake, Jerry was trying to kid she was 70 but she's NOT! LOL

This is one of many pictures Hayley drew for Nana for her birthday.

Nana's little love bug. :-)

PopPop with his girls :-) They LOVE Pop Pop so much!!

The girls of course didn't want them to leave. They don't get to see them too often. We also had a houseful of furry kids here as well. They brought Smokey (black lab) and Sarah (poodle) with them. So this is the only evidence we had a cat named Elvis....

LOL he was trying to hide, but I'm sure something was giving him away..... LOL

My Dad also was a big help holding the ladder for Jerry while he cleaned out the gutters and washed the skylights! Yikes! I have a fear of heights, and a bigger one where my husband is concerned... he is VERY accident prone! I'm thinking we need a rancher. Here he is about 35 feet in the air.... Lord, give me strength. :-)

Not sure if you can see the little black dots on the window? When he opened the umbrella about 70 or more stink bugs flew out and covered the windows! Ugh!

Then he made a little time for relaxing with some football. I'm not a big sports fan at all. Unless it's one of my children. I feel the players are overpaid, and there are way more important jobs out there. But that's a whole other post. :-) But he's roped this little one in to loving the Ravens right along with him....


We are originally from MD. but where we live now do not favor these colors. LOL So I try to avoid going out when the jersey's are on! LOL

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm hoping to catch up some on my blog reading. Miss you all!

Blessings,
Jill

22 comments:

Julie said...

Jill, I so love that hat and the dress. I'm not much into antiques but I do love looking at them.
Happy Birthday to your mama.
Take care and thank you for sharing such great pictures.
Have a great and blessed week. Thanks for stopping by and yes, I told the guys you loved the trailer. :o)

Miller Moments said...

Your girls are so cute!

A Hopeful Heart said...

Cute girls, cute dresses, cute hats.

Glad you had a lovely time with your parents and that you could help Mom celebrate her birthday. I'm sure being with her "girls" made her celebration extra special.

And I have to tell you, I am SO with you on professional sports. While we love college football, we're not really into the NFL. But we DO watch Major League Baseball (my son is a Red Sox fanatic!!!), and one of my MAJOR soapbox issues is the insane salaries they are paid. I always find myself saying, "They get paid that much to play a game...and police officers get next to nothing." So, I'm right there with ya, Jill.

Hugs to you,
Patti

Traci said...

Beautiful girls! I was sure my daughter would look like your little one, but God had other plans! She looks nothing like me. Have a wonderful Monday.

Cindy said...

Sounds like a great weekend.
Hubbies on ladders....yikes!!
Enjoy the day

Samantha said...

Looks like you all had fun! Thanks for stopping by! I tried running before, but pushed myself too hard and got shinsplints (BAD) and could barely walk for a week. This program really eases you into the running! I have had zero problems so far, and neither has my husband who has bad knees and ankles from sports injuries.

Sheila said...

Gorgeous dress, hat and daughters of course!! I see your mom in both girls faces--love it!! I'm so very happy for you that y'all had such a lovely weekend. I just made a comment yesterday to Jessica about all the stink bugs around here--they showed up all of the sudden!! Oh, I love that picture of Elvis--reminds me of our dogs--they think if their face is covered, we can't see them!! I hope you are feeling well. Take care and have a lovely week.

Foxglove Spires said...

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. Your photos of your girls are so adorable!!

Have a beautiful week. xx

Flying Giggles and Lollipops said...

Happy Birthday Nana! The pictures of you daughters came out darling! And I love the first one where they are with their Nana.

I am a HUGE football fan. I agree that they are overpaid, but it does not keep me from watching every Sunday.

Mandie said...

Both girls look adorable in the hat and their dresses. Happy Birthay to mom!! I am not a lover of heights either, scarry.

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Happy Birthday to your mom. I can tell she is one blessed nana.
The girls look adorable in their hat and dresses. So very sweet.
God bless you and your sweet family.
Blessings,
Bren

Donna said...

Hi Jill, Your girls look just darling! I'm so tickled that you are passing on feminine ways like hats. I ADORE hats! I should post a photo of me in my chicken hat. I sometimes wear it to church on Mother's day. Ha!

I just wanted to say Thanks so much for the blog award! I will be posting on that, I think in a couple of days so I don't wear out the graces of my readers by two lists of things about me-Ha!

I also wanted you to know that I passed on an award given to me by Trudy of Sewing with Trudy. It's the Beautiful Blogger award.

I mention you along with four other friends at the bottom of today's post where I list Ten things about ME that no one knows and passed on the award to five bloggers.

I'll let you know when I officially 'accept' your award and post about it. :o)

Love Donna

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Jill, Your family is lovely and the girls are adorable in their dresses and hats. Happy Birthday to your mom. The cake looks so yummy good. Sounds like you had a full and fun weekend. I am always nervous when my hubby gets on the ladder that high too. We painted the house this Spring and I was a mess till he came off that ladder. LOL!!

Have a wonderful week.
Hugs and Blessings to you.
Celestina Marie

Kat said...

Hi Jill looks like you had a fantastic weekend. The photos of the girls in their hats are adorable. Happy Birthday to your mom, did she have far to travel to visit? I don't know what stink bugs are, maybe my husband does. I was born in Delaware and have lived in CA a long time. I don't think we have them here. Do you have screens on your windows there? eww I hate bugs. I get scared when my husband goes up the ladder as well. We have some really high points on our house where he has to get the extender ladder out, freaks me out!
Have a super great week! big hugs

Bec said...

Hi Jill, would you believe I only just realised last night that you had awarded me the Lovely Blog Award!? I have been a bit behind in keeping up with blog updates lately so that was a nice surprise, thank you lovely xx I posted it on my blog this morning and just have'nt had a chance to get back here to visit you. Thanks again, you are just hte sweetest.

Plain and Joyful Living said...

I love, love the hats! I am glad to have come upon your blog.
Warm wishes and blessings,
Tonya

Vic said...

what a beautiful family! I would love for my girls to wear dresses like those:) to die for! so lovely, antique looking and gorgeous! xoxo

Nezzy said...

Here's sendin' your beautiful mama a great big old Ozarks HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The cake looked marvelous. Hon, your family is simply precious as is that hat! :o)

God bless ya and have the most beautiful day!!!

Suzanne said...

OH what darling hats!

Angie Berry said...

Both girls look so cute with their hats! That homemade dress is adorable! I love the soft, romantic, vintage look to it.. just beautiful! Of course, you have beautiful models so that does help. Hehe!

Family time is so very precious and wonderful memories to be made... that's all it's all about!

~ Noelle said...

great fun day...
and what great keepsake pictures!

Kim said...

awwww! They are so sweet in those hats!