What a busy day! Whew, I'll sleep good tonight! LOL
Do want to point out real quick that my email has changed. For those of you who may have already saved me under the old one, please update so I don't miss your emails. :-) Thanks!
We went for a little walk today in the rain, and in my mailbox found a nice surprise, my new Tea time magazine! This is the first issue I've ever seen and I can't wait to read through it all. :-)
So since it was so dreadful out we decided to bake! Boy did the house smell so good!!!
First thing we made was Egg less Apple Cake
6 apples, peeled,cored, and chopped
2 cups plus a 1/4 cup sugar
5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream or yogurt (We chose yogurt)
3/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) In a large bowl with a wooden spoon, combine apples, 1/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon until apples are completely coated, set aside
3) In a separate large bowl, combine flour, remaining 2 cups sugar, and baking powder;mix a well in center with a spoon and stir in oil, sour cream or yogurt, orange juice, and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Batter will be thick.
4) Spoon out one third of batter into prepared Bundt pan, spoon out half of apple mixture (drained of excess moisture) around ring, being careful not to touch sides of pan with apples. Spoon out another third of batter over apple layer. Spoon out remaining apple mixture in same fashion and top with remaining butter.
5) Place in oven and bake for 45 mins, then remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil (so it doesn't overbrown) Return to oven for another 20-25 mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6) Remove and cool in pan on wire rack for 20 mins before turning onto plate.
Next I was sure to make a chocolate cake for the guys at Jerry's work :-)
http://www.goodenessgracious.com/2010/09/goode-gooseberry-project-banana.html. She is baking different recipes from the Gooseberry books so I had to try it! :-)
Banana Chocolate chip cookies:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Gradually add 1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips (I used a cup :-)
1/2 to 1 cup walnuts ( I left these out )
Scoop onto tray, I like using a regular scoop for this, especially these they were sticky.
Bake 10 mins or until golden brown
We decided to have fun learning and exploring our apples.
By the time all this plus regular lessons were done, then dinner and cleanup it was time for Hayley to go to scouts and me to start school work. What a busy day, laundry was accomplished as well. Tomorrow will be busy too. I'll be posting Simple Woman's Day book Entry tomorrow. Thanks for visiting and have a lovely evening!