Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rainy Day Fun :-)

Well yesterday from 11:30 AM to 6:00 PM was taken up with Comcast service techs here. The first guy left at 2:30 PM, but we had no phone, so we called and another guy came out and said it was done wrong so he hooked it up again....ugh....long story short we now have cable, internet and t.v. However Verizon is trying to charge us an additional $175.00 to disconnect the internet and T.V. Yet we hardly had service half the time. So I'm waiting to hear back from Jerry, he's better at handling those things. I'm usually too nice, LOL.

So after the guys finally left yesterday, Kathleen was exhausted and apparently so was Elvis from following the guy up and down the stairs all afternoon, LOL

I couldn't resist adding this one from earlier in the day!


Today we did our regular learning, Kathleen just loves learning about all the different animals each day. We review at the end of the week all the ones we learned.


She made some rock buddies.

Then we did the fashion designer plates. Anyone remember these from when they were little? I use to love making all sorts of fashion designs. Kathleen loves it!

We also played several board games since it is raining terribly today.


Princess was very interested in the game and batting at the littlest pet shop pieces, LOL

Since it was raining so hard we decided to have one of our casual indoor picnics. :-)
That wraps up the morning! Tonight I am suppose to go with my neighbor to see Eat, Pray, Love at our little discount movie theatre. It's been there since 1904. They take the older movies after they go out of the regular theatres and run them there for less. Tonight is the last night it's there. Hopefully the roads won't flood to the point we can't go! That would be my luck, LOL

Finally sharing a recipe, the picture is from the book, but this is super delicious and I felt you just needed to see a pic to get an idea of how yummy it is! It's taken from the Pillsbury Annual recipe book from 2008.


Mexican Chicken Dip with lime:

1 package (3 ounce) cream cheese,softened
1/3 cup sour cream
3/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
1 package (9 oz) frozen cooked southwestern-seasoned chicken strips, thawed, finely chopped (2 cups)
1 can (3.8 oz) sliced ripe olives,drained
1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso refried beans
1/3 cup Old El Paso Thick and Chunky salsa
1 medium italian plum tomato chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese ( 2 oz)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
1 bag (18 oz) tortilla chips

1) Line 9 inch pan with plastic wrap, allowing wrap to extend over edge of pan. In small bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until well blended. Stir in lime peel. Spread mixture in pan

2) Sprinkle chicken and olives over cream cheese mixture. In small bowl, stir refried beans to soften. Spread beans over chicken mixture. Cover with plastic wrap;refrigerate at least 3 hours but no longer than 6 hours.

3) To serve, unmold dip onto 10 inch flat serving platter; remove plastic wrap. Top dip with salsa, tomato,cheese and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips, ENJOY!!!!


Have a great afternoon!

Blessings,
Jill

19 comments:

Annie Jones said...

I love that pic of Kathleen and Elvis at the table. It made me chuckle. :)

Julie Harward said...

This recipe look so good! Looks like you guys are having fun anyway..those comcast guys can be a pain! Cute pic of the kitty peeking out! :D

Lori Weiss said...

I love Elvis - you guys are so lucky you got him. I remember those fashion things - I use to have one growing up and I would dream about becoming a fashion designer some day.

Wendi said...

Love the picture of Kathleen and Elvis sleeping. Precious!

Chelle said...

cats are so cute. My kids followed our repair man around too when he came. he had to connect our internet. Love the pic of the mexican dip. Mexican is ine of my favorites. I'll have to try it.

Sheila said...

What cute pictures of Kathleen and Elvis. Love the table picture---peekaboo!!! That recipe looks yummy--I think it would go over big here. I hope your internet problems are figured out. I can't remember the last time I went to a movie. I hope y'all have fun tonight. Take care.

Jamie said...

Oh my,I remember those plates to!!!!!I actually had spotted some at a sale and thought about getting them BUT I needed to remind myself we have a boy and I don't need them,oh man..Cute pics mama Jill.
Blessings

Bec said...

Your cats are so lovely! Cant wait to see Eat, Pray, Love, it is coming out in a few weeks here!

Jill said...

Thanks for the comments ladies! I'll let you know how the movie was tomorrow! We're off in just a little bit! May need a boat! LOL

Lynn said...

That recipe sounds sooo yummy thanks for sharing it. The pictures of your daughter and the kitty are just way too cute :o)

A Primitive Homestead said...

Mom needs a little me time out. Have a fun time at the movie & a safe trip. All your furry friends are sweet. Elvis peeking around the bar & Kathleen so cute. Blessings!

SonyaAnn said...

I hate having to deal with service men or women. And it never seems to be fixed the first time around!
Thanks for sharing the pics of the family!
Have a great weekend!

Traci said...

What a great day! Except for the cable guy! Blessings:)

Sandy J said...

I love the picture with her head on the cat. And ooo ooo ooh I so remember fashion plates. I use to have so much fun with them. In fact, I sort didn't pay attention to what she was doing in the pictures of her putting the plates in and when I got to the picture I had to go back because I knew they were fashion plates.

Julie said...

Jill, thank you for sharing. I just love your pictures. Elvis is such a great cat. Bobby puts up with a few things from the kids but not to sure if he'd go for being a pillow. :o)
Take care and have a blessed Friday. TFIG!!!

Flying Giggles and Lollipops said...

Yum....you just made me really hungry!

Your daughter is so cute napping with the kitty. Your cat reminds me of the cat we use to have (my first baby). We had to find a home for her because Chloe is allergic to cats.

http://www.flyinggigglesandlollipops.com/2009/04/lesson-on-bugs-and-baby-sisiters.html

Kat said...

Jill I love your photos they are always so cute. Wow charge to disconnect is that from a broken contract fee?
Yes my hair is naturally curly, it is actually more curly then in the photos because I use hot curlers in the front to smooth out my curls and make my hair lay nicer around my face and at the top of my head. You should see me when I wake up or with a wet head. Wew!
That recipe looks yummy! Your happy face on the what looks like a pancake reminds me of how I did that for my kids as well. All the kitty photo with Kathleen are darling!
Big hugs

Liz said...

Sounds like a fun, busy rainy day! Cable/phone companies can be such a hassle. We just got done with a big dispute with our dish company. Not fun but it all worked out in the end, I hope it does for you also! I remember those fashion plates, I never had them but some of my friends did and I loved them, always wanted some of my own. Love the pictures! That Elvis is such a funny cat!

Liz said...

Oh, forgot to say, that dip looks delicious! Yummy!