Friday, September 10, 2010

Remembering September 11th


I remember vividly that morning. My Hayley was born in May, and we were still having some sleepless nights. I remember that morning she was sleeping in, so I tried as well.

Then the phone rang... it was my Mom and she said "Are you watching? Have you heard? I said "no, I've just woken up" She told me to turn on the news, and we watched in horror. At the time I was living in NC, 9 hours from "home". But wishing I was with my family and friends that day. As my Mom and I sat on the phone, I could not fathom that what I was seeing was real. It was like a horrible, horrible dream that would not end. Tears rolled down my face at the sheer tragedy of it all. Another example of why we should take nothing for granted. To hold our loved ones close to us. To mend harsh words we may have spoken. To forgive and to really live! For we do not know what our futures hold.

Please take time today to say a prayer, for our country, our loved ones, and all of the people who lost loved ones that day and are still missing them. The wives, husbands, daughters, sons, boyfriends, girlfriends, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, friends. For our military who fights to keep us safe. For the families who are missing them as well.

We will never forget....

9-11-2001

Many Blessings to you all....

Jill

8 comments:

Ella said...

Mrs. Jill, I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog. I know my mom has loved getting to know you better--she told me all about your trip with your daughter to NYC (I can't begin to tell you how jealous I was! =)

I remember vividly where I was on 9-11-01. I was eleven years old, and my brother comes in to my room, saying, "Mom's in the phone with Grandma. Planes are crashing into buildings....." I styaed glued to the TV for practically two whole days. It was so very hard to watch those eents happen to my country. You are so right--may we never forget....and take anything for granted!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Ella

Bec said...

I too remember watching the news after my mum had called me on the phone. I remember seeing the terror that became of everyday people doing everyday things and crying for them and their families. It still gives me goosebumps.

Cranberry Morning said...

What a good post! We need to jealously guard our freedom, the very thing that people still flee to this country for, by clinging tenaciously to our values and by voting to secure our liberty, which can be easily taken away while we are not paying attention.

A Hopeful Heart said...

Yes, indeed, we need to remember the horror of that day, so we can zealously guard against it ever happening again.

May we always be mindful that the lives of millions (both soldiers and civilians) have been lost for the cause of freedom. May their deaths never be in vain.

Have a lovely day,
Patti

Jill said...

Thank you all for stopping by and sharing your thoughts about this historic day. Many Blessings!

~ Noelle said...

thank you for this..
may we never forget

~Krystle~ said...

I think it is very important for all of us to remember and remember our freedom isn't free! We have brave men and women who protect us and our families and I don't think that they get the full respect they deserve a lot of the times. I was a freshman in high school on lunch break, my school was close to Barksdale Air Force Base and B52S started flying over our school being transfered from place to place as well as Air Force one. Students were ducking under the picnic tables outside watching the planes fly by because we were clueless. After lunch I remember our school practically shutting down as all the teachers turned on the tvs in our classroom so we could all watch the news. It was very sad and I will never forget that tragic day. It was probably a turning point in my life, especially watching my dad and grandpa, former military wanting to re join to go serve and protect. God Bless this wonderful country and I hope we never forget! Hope you had a great weekend!

Kat said...

HI Jill my mom called me that day too and I was also sleeping and had just woke up to the sound of my mother's voice crying in the phone saying we are being taken over! I didn't know what she was talking about, but she said turn on the TV the planes are going into the WTC. It was truly an awful day. I will always remember. This was a great post. I cry still when I hear about it on TV. Big hugs