Thursday, October 21, 2010

20 years....

I can hardly believe that today is the day my husband and I started going steady 20 years ago! I was 16 and he was 20. We beat the odds, and everyone saying we were too different we wouldn't make it. Yet our love has only gotten stronger. Different we may be.... but we compliment each other in those differences. We have been through the good and the bad. We share the same goals and values for our family, that will never change. We know that no matter how hard some days may be, or what challenges arise, we're going to see them through to the end. Happy 20th Jerry....I love you....

Some memories through the last 20 years.


These were quick scans from old pictures so I apologize for the quality and layout. It's for me to smile at some wonderful memories and hopefully my girls will find this site one day also and be able to look back on the life of their parents. I have more of our history in an earlier post, in June when I started blogging.

Found out great news today that my mom's follow up mammogram/sonogram was o.k.! Hoping I have a good one tonight as well. :-)

Blessings,
Jill

14 comments:

Life In a Little House said...

Happy Anniversary ~ Love Heather

A Hopeful Heart said...

What lovely photos. Y'all are a beautiful couple. And I'm sure you enjoyed your trip down Memory Lane as you looked through the photo albums, huh?

Rejoicing with you on 20 years together. May God bless you with MANY more.

Love,
Patti

claudia b said...

Happy 20 years!!! And congratulations on the news about your mom!

Mandie said...

People said the same thing about my husband and I. Isn't it wonderful to look back at all you have accomplished and how you all have worked through it all?! Congratuiations!

I am so happy to hear that your moms results were good!! I will say a prayer that yours is just as good. *hug*

It is so cute to see these pictures. You are one skinny minny ;)

Lynn said...

Happy Anniversary! Loved seeing the pictures and you both look so very happy in every single one of them :o)

A Primitive Homestead said...

Praise God answerd prayers for your Mom. Happy 20 years. Congrats!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Praising the Lord for your mom!

You guys look so cute. I think you and I wore the same wedding dress, LOL! I was 15 and my hubby was 17 when we first met. Don't regret our decision to marry when I was 20 for one second! Happy anniversary to you and your life long sweetie!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Jill :) :)

Oh, I love a good romance...and this is so sweet...God really has had a hand over your marrige and it's amazing to see the blessing from that as you continue to serve HIM and each other :) :) :) The photos were cool and I used to style my bangs the same way when I was in school :) :) :) Those were good days :) :) I thought the fans your bridesmaids were holding were an interesting touch. I've never seen that before...usually I see bouquets...but a fan is nice....and useful later too :) :) So cool. Thanks for sharing all these memories with us :) :) Congratulations to you and your husband on 20 years together :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Beautiful memories and I must say you were a beautiful bride.
You have not changed a bit.
Blessings,
Bren

Bec said...

aw gorgeous photos Jill! I love looking back on wonderful memories. I really hope everything goes well for you tonight and am sending huge healthy, feel good vibes your way xx I can see so much of you in your girls.

Lori said...

Happy 20th guys - hope you guys have another 20+ happy years. So glad to hear your mom is okay - what a relief. Sending prayers that yours will be great too! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks - it seems like forever!

Sheila said...

Congratulations!! I hope y'all have another 20 years and more!! I was 15 and Kevin was 21 when we met. I can't imagine being married to anyone else--he's my other half.
I'm very happy your mom got such a good report--and I pray you do too. Take care.

Camille said...

How is 20 years even possible?? Where does the time go?? :) Congratulations! What good news about your Mom...that's wonderful.

Blessings,
Camille

~ Noelle said...

happy anniversary!
sweet post!