Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cute little Fall meal for the girls!

I love to think of little ways to make things enjoyable for the girls and it gives me so much joy in my heart to see their faces when I do! I found this idea in a little Pillsbury Halloween book I picked up. It's called Sloppy Joe Pizza! The original recipe calls for corn, but since I am allergic, I left that part out of ours :-)

1 can refrigerated buttermilk homestyle biscuits
1 lb lean ground beef ( or turkey, which is what I used)
1 can sloppy joe sauce
1 can whole kernel corn (not for us!)
8 slices American cheese ( or how many you need, more or less)
8 small pieces green bell pepper

1) Heat oven to 375 degrees. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Place on large ungreased cookie sheet; press each biscuit to form 4 1/2 inch round. Bake 10-12 mins or until golden brown

2) Meanwhile, in 12 inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 mins., stirring occasionally until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in sloppy joe sauce and corn. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 3 to 5 mins., stirring occasionally, until hot

3) Cut cheese into rounds. (I used a pumpkin cookie cutter) Use knife to do face.

4) Remove biscuits from oven. Spoon beef mixture evenly onto biscuit rounds. Arrange cheese rounds over beef mixture to look like jack o lanterns, Place bell pepper piece on top of each to look like a stem. Return to oven, bake 3 to 5 mins or until cheese is melted. (We just let the heat soften ours :-) )

ENJOY!! Get ready for lots of smiles!

We've been so busy today, I think I wore Kathleen out. She never takes naps anymore but today she fell asleep in the chair. Bless her heart.


Tomorrow I have house cleaning and packing to do for our trip to my parent's house for the weekend. Saturday, Jerry and I will be going to an upscale hotel overnight just the two of us! This never happens so we are looking forward to it! Then Sunday when we go back to pick up the girls we'll be celebrating my Dad's birthday along with a little Halloween party for the girls with my niece. The girls are so excited because Sat. they will be having a sleepover! It will be a jam packed weekend so I'll probably have lots to blog about on Monday, Sat and Sun, no computer :-) Plus my new courses start Monday too and another Dr's appt.
Hope you all have a great night! Hope to get more goodies posted tomorrow. :-)

Blessings,
Jill

14 comments:

Sippy Cup Mom said...

Aw, that is adorable!

AmyBarkerPhoto said...

So cute & so much fun!

Hanna said...

Hi There! I'm your newest follower from the blog hop! Lovely blog you have here:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Katie Adams said...

Thank you for following me! I am now following you back! Your blog is precious!

Katie

Ben and Carrie Tracks said...

Thanks for the wonderful comments over at our Wildlife Biologists Blog.... Glad to hear that your family is so into nature! These projects look like tons of fun, even for a husband and wife, like us, without kids ;)

Knocked Up and Nursing said...

Following from Friday Blog Hop.
come check out my blog at:
http://knockedupandnursing.blogspot.com

Thanks
Sarah

Lynn said...

The food looks yummy and I sure hope your weekend goes well for everyone, have fun :o)

Hope Ford said...

Hey there! I am a new follower from the blog hop! I love your blog! Your family is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!! :) Cute idea too!! :)

dreamingmommy.blogspot.com

The Pennington Point said...

That sounds like a fun and easy recipe that the kids would love! I'm looking forward to scrolling back through your blog and finding more kid friendly recipes. I love it! Lisa~

A Hopeful Heart said...

Little things like that sloppy joe pizza are exactly what I'm talking about when I say you are doing such fun and memory-making things with your girls. Yes, regular sloppy joes fit the bill...but fun ones like that are something they will remember. That is why I like to do theme dinners for my family. I'm all about making the meal experience memorable.

Have a great visit with your parents...and enjoy your evening at a fancy hotel.

Love and prayers,
Patti

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Cute ideas! Love it!

Miller Moments said...

What a cute meal!

Olives and Pickles said...

Super cute! Enjoy Fall

Life In a Little House said...

Very cute Idea!! ~My daughter would love that I will have to copy for sure!! ~Enjoy your weekend ~Love Heather