Friday, October 29, 2010

Fun at library, Hayley's last Halloween parade at school

Kathleen and I headed out to the library this morning for their reading program. They did a special one for Halloween and really had a great time. Even musical instruments were involved and they paraded around like they were in a band. Their craft was a spider hat! So adorable! LOL. They even got little goodies to take home. :-)




We also took time to go to Hayley's school to see her last Halloween parade. After 4th grade they don't get to dress up at school. :-(  So hard to believe how fast my baby is growing up! Next year will be Kathleen's first in Kindergarten. Where does the time go? Can't think about that now.... I need to hold the tears until at least September!


This is Hayley with one of her best friends.



Afterwards they got to have a fun little party.

Kathleen and I came home and chilled while waiting for the bus to arrive. Sally joined us.



Tonight they are outside again for the nightly kickball game in our yard. Daddy enjoys playing it with all the neighborhood kids. It gives me a few mins of quiet tonight. :-) Then we'll be carving pumpkins.

Have a wonderful Weekend!!

Blessings,
Jill

12 comments:

Lynn said...

Your daughters are so adorable and I loved the tshirt that read I am so BOO tiful, that is cute. Time sure does fly, my baby is 22, boohoo lol That is so nice of your husband to get out and play football with the kids, hope you enjoy the weekend :o)

McVal said...

My daughter's last one was last year. In 5th grade parents aren't encouraged to come to anything outside of school concerts! So I made sure I attended everything last year and went to lunch more than a few times with her.
Beautiful kids!

Julie Harward said...

Hi...I love the library reading programs, in fact I used to be the story reader/teller at ours and I just loved it so much because of the cute kids! ;D

Foxglove Spires said...

So lovely, enjoy carving the pumpkins.

Have a beautiful weekend. xxx

A Hopeful Heart said...

As always, cute photos!!! I especially love the one of Kathleen with the spider hat.

Have a great weekend.

Love,
Patti

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Jill....so fun to see your girls in their Halloween items ;) :) So cute...I'm surprised that your older daughter can't wear costumes to school? Did I misunderstand so mething? Enjoy these moments with your girls!!! They're so blessed to have you for a mom :) :) :) I remember Halloween costume parades at school...always so much fun!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Mama Hen said...

These pictures are so cute! It is a fun time! Great costumes! I hope you have a happy and safe Halloween!

Mama Hen

~Krystle~ said...

AWWW that is so sweet! I can't wait for the girls to get to school stuff like that. Our local library does a story time every Wed that I had to stop going to while pregnant with Doodle Bug, to sick. Punkin has asked to start going back so I'm squeezing it into the schedule because I think its so worth it! Have a great weekend with your family!

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Liz said...

That's so cool that they still let me have costume parades! We got to have them when I was a kid but now they don't allow any costumes at school. : ( So sad!

Vic said...

dahhhhling:) super gorgeous dolls:) i'm sure they had a blast

Angie Berry said...

Cute costume, and cute girls! When my son entered 4th grade, they said parents weren't needed at parties. I said "WHAT?! But I have to be there, I always have been!". It was hard for me to not be involved any more. I think it's a good thing though for parents as much as it is for the kids. It's time for them to grow up as hard as it is to say. =[ My youngest is in half day Pre-K now and we so enjoy our time together for I know all too soon he will be in full day Kindergarten. Enjoy your one-on-one with Kathleen!