Monday, October 18, 2010

A fun craft, yummy treat and Part 1 of the weekend Heritage Hills resort and conference center :-)

What a busy, whirlwind weekend we had! Friday night we drove to take the girls to my parents so Jerry and I could have a weekend getaway (much needed and long overdue!). I'll be posting in several posts to include all we did. :-)

I'll start by sharing the craft I did with Kathleen today. Since we still had hay and we're still focusing on Fall we talked about and made scarecrow pictures. We had a lot of fun with this today!

For dinner tonight I added another special treat to their meal, Ominous Flaky owls (also found in the Pillsbury Halloween idea book)



These are super yummy! Here's the recipe:

1 can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
8 tiny fish-shaped pretzel crackers
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter or margarine melted
16 milk chocolate stars (we couldn't find the star shapes, so we used Hershey kisses)

1) Heat oven to 375 degrees. Remove dough from can; do NOT unroll. With serrated knife, cut roll into 16 slices.

2) For each owl, use 2 dough slices. Unroll a 2 inch strip from each. Place slices on ungreased cookie sheet with sides touching and 2 inch strips at top center. For owl's horns, fold strips in half and bend towards outer edges; pinch strips at fold, forming points. For owl's beak, press 1 fish-shaped pretzel, tail end pointing toward top of head, into bottom center of dough. Repeat with remaining dough slices and crackers to make 8 owls, placing owls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.

3) In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Brush owls with melted butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture

4) Bake about 10-12 mins. or until light golden brown. Immediately press 2 chocolate stars on each owl for eyes. Carefully move to cooling rack. Cool 15 mins before serving.

ENJOY!!!

For the first part of our weekend, Jerry and I stayed at Heritage Hills golf resort and conference center in York, Pa. We are celebrating being together 20 years. Thursday is our anniversary, will post more then :-)

Before we went we took some time to visit at Gettysburg.


We use to go there quite a bit when we were dating. :-)

When we finally checked in at Heritage Hills we got to watch them making snow for their snow tubing adventures. (to be opening soon)


This was the view from our window.

We had a really nice upscale dinner in their Ironwoods restaurant. We sat directly by the window with a lovely view and got to watch the sunset.


Our room was really nice as well.



We even received champagne and chocolates in our room with the retreat package. :-)



The next day we took some time to walk around and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors.


Outdoor bar



The next morning we had a lovely full breakfast buffet before we left. This is just a small peek into all the offer. They have a spa, another restaurant, shops and miniature golfing as well. Was a great getaway, but of course went by way too fast!

Hope everyone is having a great start to the new week. More weekend fun tomorrow in part 2!

Blessings,
Jill

14 comments:

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Beautiful place. I am glad you had fun.
Blessings,
Bren

A Primitive Homestead said...

Happy aniversary to you both & many more filled with wonderful blessings! Love that log cabin with the water wheel. Sam & I visited a store to pick up some fresh ground buck wheat that still has the water wheel at the mill. These places would make beautiful homes. Blessings!

Bec said...

looks like a great place to celebrate Jill! It would have been lovely for you both to destress and relax with health issues looming xx

Foxglove Spires said...

Jill happy anniversary! What a beautiful weekend you must have had they photos are lovely.

Enjoy you day my friend. xxx

Life In a Little House said...

Wow that was a lovely place you visited...and those girls of yours are to cute!! A Very Happy Anniversary ~Love Heather

Sheila said...

I'm so very glad you had a lovely weekend. How I wish we were still in Dillsburg--I would have loved to meet you. We used to go to Gettysburg lots too. I love living close to a place like that. Jessica will love the owls--I'll have to get some crescent rolls soon. Kathleen is a cutie as always. I thought of you lots this past weekend and yesterday. Take care.

Mama Hen said...

Jill you always have the best posts! The treat looks delicious! It also looks like you had a fabulous time! Great pictures! Have a good day!

Mama Hen

Sara said...

Happy Anniversary!! Your girls are so lucky to have such a fun and crafty Mom!!

Erika said...

How special to be able to get away with your husband - that is so important! I love the craft & owl 'goodies' you made with your girls, I may have to try those with my kids!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving that sweet comment! I'm now following you too!
~Erika
http://erikajo.blogspot.com

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Happy anniversary! What wonderful places you got to visit. Our family's dream is to one day visit Gettysburg. My son loved looking at your pictures.

Liz said...

The scarecrow craft is so cute, I love how Kathleen has straw on her head. That's so great that you and Jerry were able to get away this weekend. The resort looks beautiful and your room is incredible!

Donna said...

Jill...You realize that you are posting serious temptations to my efforts to diet. This is not at all helpful..Tee-hee!

Oh how fun that you got to do a getaway! 20 years--congratulations! Isn't it so nice? We did that this summer and I still treasure our memories of that weekend.

Gettysburg made me cry. I just couldn't get over the magnitude of what had happened there. But I was also so thankful to such brave and bold men of both sides. Still, I wish it did not have to have happened.

You darlings are just too much! Love the hay!

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home

Julie said...

Perfect timing, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! I am so glad you guys got to get away. It has been so very long that we've done that but being business owners it's just so hard to leave. Oh well, good thing for camping once this year. I so love the pictures, thank you for sharing. I can't wait to read more.
Take care Jill and I hope you and your hubby have 50+ more years of happiness.
God Bless you all!

~ Noelle said...

that hotel looks beautiful!
thanks for sharing