Thursday, October 28, 2010

Grooming success, Harvest party back at the Nature Center! :-)

Today the mobile pet groomer came to our house to take on the "challenge" of our Yorkie, Skippy. In a quick summary for those of you who may not know.... we rescued Skippy from an abusive home. While he's come a long way, he has never liked being groomed or having his feet touched. The original owners tied him to a tree outside with no food or water and beat him with a broom. We have been working with him, but so many groomers have refused to work with him. My neighbor had this groomer come to her home, so I talked with her about it. Then I spoke with the groomer who agreed to come out and work with him. She was able to get him groomed! Yes he did bite her and I felt so bad, but she reassured me it was part of the job and she did have worse bites. She is a miracle worker! This little guy has some serious temper issues, we could never properly groom him ourselves. we didn't have the experience. But it certainly wasn't for lack of trying! while there is more to this story, I just wanted to post before and afters. We've already scheduled the next grooming session! Thank you God for sending us this amazing women!

Before.....

After!!


Yes, that's his little toy lamb he loves. Don't mind my sofa, the slipcover was all messed up from him jumping all over! LOL. He may not admit it, but I know he must feel so much better! He got a little fall bandanna and a Halloween bag filled with treats. :-)

Kathleen and I went back to our Nature center for a Harvest Party!


My little caterpillar! Everyone was getting a big kick out of her waddle walk with her big caterpillar butt! When she asked me to help her get off the floor because her butt was too big everyone started to laugh!
Sooo cute!

Kathleen and Ms. Trudy!



Finding hidden pumpkins!


They made luminary bags for a craft.


Enjoying some apple cider! Yummy!!

We had a great day! The little red haired boy next to her has been in every class with her. Everyone asks if they are brother and sister. We had a great day! Tomorrow we go to Hayley's harvest parade at school, plus another busy day!!

Have a great night!

Blessings,
Jill
Enhanced by Zemanta

19 comments:

Carmen said...

Praise the Lord for dog groomers!

Lynn said...

Awww your little doggie looks so handsome now and I bet he does feel better. I have a step sister that is a groomer and that is a tough job they have there. Your daughter looks cute in her costume and it looks like she had fun :o)

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

CUTE!!! CUTE!!! CUTE!!!
Blessings,
Bren

Julie said...

Our Wilbur came from an abusive home. We can not clip his toenails. I have had the vet do it, a daycare mom sit on him so I could do it and just let them grow. Now walking all summer on the asphalt has helped winter is coming and they'll grow back. I just don't know what to do. Can't afford the vet, hate tramatizing him with sitting on him. I'll have to figure out something.
Your little dog is so cute. Love the couch cover, ours looks the same and about as messy most of the time.
I love Kathleen's costume. This year I'm missing taking the kids to the nursing home for trick or treating but I don't have them this week. Boo Hoo!!
Okay, take care Jill and have a blessed evening.

~Krystle~ said...

Oh so cute and so much fun for Kathleen! I know the feeling of grooming your dog we get exhausted just trying to bathe our St. Bernard lol not including the other two. Hope you have a great weekend and a ton of fun at school tomorrow with Hayley!

Julie Harward said...

Looks like a fun day for your daughter and the Yorkie looks much better and he even looks like he likes how he looks! ;D

Veronica Lee said...

Your Yorkie is so cute and Kathleen rocks in the caterpillar costume! She's ADORABLE!!

Happy Friday!

Sheila said...

Skippy looks so happy in the after pictures. I bet he does feel much better. Kathleen is a cutie as always. Love the costume. I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend.

Nezzy said...

Awwww, Skippy...what a perfect name and that's the most adorable little caterpillar I've ever laid eyes on. Heeeehee, she had too much junk in her trunk to get up!!! :o)

I just wanted to thank ya for your sweet comment and hoppin' on my blog. I sure hope ya'll enjoy the ride. I try to get a post up about once a week, that's all I've found I can handle with the activities on the Ponderosa.

God bless ya and in the word of that crazy old Granny Clampett, "Ya'll come back now, ya' hear!!!

BTW: The nature center looks familiar but they probably all look alike! :o)

McVal said...

What beautiful pictures! She looks adorable in that costume. Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be checking out your other posts!

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Jill,
Oh your sweet little catapillar is too cute and what she said is so comical. I bet all had a marvelous time. Great pics too.

Your sweet little yorkie is too adorable and bless you hearts for working with him and giving him a better life. It just pains me to think of the animals living in those horrible conditions. Just heartbreaking. How wonderful that you found the special groomer to help you in this journey. What a blessing.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment.
Enjoy your weekend and pats for sweet Skippy!
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Wendi said...

I hope that Skippy will get use to this groomer and that things will get better and better each time.

Today was Megan's Farmer party. It was my first room party and it was lots of fun!

Have a great weekend!

Olives and Pickles said...

Adorable pictures!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Sounds like a great time! Love you're daughter's costume!

Jenny said...

Yeah Skippy! He'll get better, he is in a much better place now! He looks so cute. Kathleen looks adorable. How funny about her booty. Love it! It looks gorgeous there, so pretty. Enjoy your Halloween.

A Hopeful Heart said...

This post is a few days old, and I am just now commenting on it. Sorry to be so late visiting...I am just now getting caught up on blog reading after being pretty much away from the computer the last couple days.

Sounds like y'all's nature center has a great program for kids. That's wonderful!!! So much to learn from nature.

About your sweet Skippy...I can't for the life of me understand why people are cruel to others...especially those weaker and smaller than they are, like a baby or your little dog. I mean, does it really make someone feel powerful to beat up on others who can't defend themselves!? I'm sure it will take time, just as it takes an abused child years to overcome, but in time, and with y'all's love, I'm sure Skippy will thrive in y'all's home.

Have a lovely weekend, my sweet friend.

Love,
Patti

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh goodness...i'm glad your Yorkie has found a loving home with you. I pray that he'll learn to trust you mor eand more and that he won't mind grooming as much...my he sure cleans up good..You're right, that mobiel pet groomer is a miracle worker :) :) One of my neighbor's...an older lady with two cats...has a mobile vet come to her home...because she can't get out to drive her pets to the vet!!!... OH, loved your daughter's caterpillar costume..and the comment she made about needing help getting up off the floor, just made me laugh :) :) Cherish those moments :) :) Love and hugs from Orego, Heather :)

Liz said...

That's so great that you adopted him, poor little guy. He is so cute trimmed but he's also adorable all shaggy! I love Kathleen's costume! The waddle cracked me up!

Angie Berry said...

Poor doggie! I am so glad this story has a happy ending! I just don't understand how people can mistreat animals. He's a fortunate little dog that your family has saved him and he looks so happy in his new home!

She is such a pretty little girl with a big, beautiful smile!