Sunday, October 10, 2010

News from the Dr. Enjoying a busy Sunday

I love gardens. I love the calming effects it has on the soul. Just enjoying the beauty and letting cares slip away. ow it soothes and comforts when our thoughts go astray. I could have used a lovely garden the past few days. To reflect, to hope, to pray. I saw the Dr. Thursday evening and was a bit shaken by the results. Currently being referred to more Dr's so they can try to determine all that is going on. As my husband jokingly says, "why do you think they call it a practice? They are guessing as well." Not the most reassuring thought right now. I am also not a person who likes Dr's or testing at all! My blood pressure rises just walking through the door. As a Mom I've put myself last on the priority list for quite some time. I am learning that really doesn't benefit anyone in my family. They need me and I owe it to myself and them to do better. So this time I am following through and praying. Cherishing my days and trying to slow down. (This is the big challenge for me). I am praying and trusting God to guide me though this. I am also praying for my Mom, who received an abnormal mammogram and is going for more testing. She has already endured more health issues than any person should ever have to endure. They say God never gives us more than we can handle, and I am holding on to that faith. For some things are just not in our control. A concept that for me is hard to grasp. I wish I had the power to fix it and make it all better, but I can't, I can pray.

I can enjoy the beauty around me and I can stay positive. :-) So that is my goal for each day... to take things day by day. That's all we can do.


What a lovely day it was today! Sun shining, not too hot or cold, perfect. :-) We did several activities of daily life. Hayley and I did homework, while Jerry and Kathleen shopped for groceries. :-) Hayley practiced her flute, she's so excited and doing well. We participated in our communities Unity walk, Hayley walked along with her girl scout troop. Jerry also made and cleaned up dinner tonight. This is something he does each Sunday to give me a break and I appreciate it so much. Tomorrow Hayley is off school and I'm looking forward to the day. Have some activities planned, then tomorrow night I'm helping out at her Girl Scout troop meeting. We'll be donating coats and boots for those less fortunate. This will kick off our busy week ahead!


Hope you all have a wonderful week ahead! Many Blessings!!

Jill

7 comments:

Bec said...

oh Jill, I was crossing fingers that you would have a good conclusive result but obviously you have longer to wait. Im sorry that this adds pressure to your life but you are right, we just simply cant control everything. All we can do is feed our mind, body and soul with nourishing food, positive thoughts and moments that make us happy and hope that is enough. Much love to you xx

Lori said...

We will be praying for you. Trust in God - know that he is with you and give him your burdens.. Maci has a ceramic heart hanging in her room that says "Let Go, Let God" - she uses it frequently - he controls - I know it's hard to trust him fully - we feel we need to control - but when you trust him totally - wonderful things will happen. Will keep your mom in our prayers also. My mom had an adnormal mammogram too and it turned out to be nothing. Thinking of you guys and can't wait to see you again.

Sheila said...

Jill,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Ten years ago, I was right were you are. I lived for almost 6 months with the thought that I only had about 5 more years. Thank God the doctors were wrong--I was very ill but not terminal. It took that scare for me to realize that I had to stop doing everything for everyone--I had to take care of me in order to take care of them. Your mom will be in my prayers too--been there, done that one too.
Love the flowers--I still love to go somewhere quiet to reflect and pray and just breathe for a bit--makes a world of difference in how I handle day to day things. Take care.

Mandie said...

Jill, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I will be praying for her and your family. I will also be praying for you and your results. May God be with you and your family. *Hug*

Life In a Little House said...

Beautiful pictures Jill and good advice to take things one day at a time I will say a prayer for you and your mother ~Love Heather

A Primitive Homestead said...

The pics of the flower gardens are beautiful. I really put my whole heart into my flower beds about 12 yrs ago. At that time I went thru a stressful life changing time. I considered it my therapy. My plants were watered with many tears at that time as I worked in the flower beds. With my kidney problems & personal life right now I have been trying to hold on to the words you mentioned. God only gives you what you can handle. But while going thru the storms I find it really hard to stand on that. There is a song I like "Sheltering Tree" by Newsong. A verse in the course is about a friend is like a mighty sheltering tree & lifts us up before the King of Kings. I will continue to lift your needs up in prayer my friend. Blessings!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Jill...I'll make sure and stop by later today. I'll be praying!!! I LOVE how you are choosing to pray and enjoy life around you!!! I pray that you'll continue to do so, even when there's uncertainty...and I know that it can be hard to wait. I don't know about you, but sometimes, especially when my health is involved, I like to know the answers now!!! You're a good mom and you are loved by your family :) ) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

p.s. I really enjoy all the photos that you post!!!!