Friday, October 15, 2010

Prepare yourselves for a sugar coma! Fun little craft too! :-)

It has been a crazy busy day, I just wanted to get a post in before heading down the rd. Have some goodies you may want to try out this weekend. :-) We started by making Pumpkin Patch Rocky Rd Brownies. This alone will put you in a sugar coma, best with water or a big glass of milk LOL

Before the final cutting :-)


Now for the recipe....

1 box fudge brownie mix  water, veg oil and eggs called for on brownie box
1 cup peanuts
3 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/3 cup vanilla whipped ready to spread frosting (from 12 oz container)
8 drops green food coloring
24 small pumpkin shaped candies

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease bottom only of 13 x 9 inch pan. Make brownie batter as directed on box, except stir in peanuts. Spread in pan

Bake 24 to 26 mins. or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from the sides of pan comes out almost clean. Immediately sprinkle warm brownies with marshmallows and chocolate chips.

Bake about 3 more mins. or until marshmallows are puffed. Cool 30 mins.

In small microwavable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on high for 15 seconds, stir in food coloring. Drizzle over bars. Cool completely, about 1 hour or so. Cut into squares, top with pumpkin candy...Enjoy!

Next since Kathleen is allergic to eggs, I had to find a snack for her. So we made witch cookies.


She got caught up in the moment and did her own decorating, LOL :-)

Wickedly Fun witches

Oblong peanut butter filled sandwich cookies
1/2 cup vanilla creamy ready to spread frosting
9 drops green food coloring
miniature m and m's (or other small round baking pieces)
Candy corn
Milk chocolate bars

Line cookie sheet with wax paper or use a plate, depending on how many you plan to make.

In a food storage bag mix frosting with food coloring, cut hole in the corner

Decorate into a witches face with a hat.   Enjoy!!!

Today we also talked about hay and I asked Kathleen some questions before our project. I asked her:

What does it smell like?  Hay Ride!, good smell, paper?

What does it feel like? Kinda sticky, crumbling in my hands, kinda smooth

What is it used for? Hay ride, horses, cows

Comes from? Hay ride and Farmers. :-)

Gee, you think maybe my daughter enjoys hay rides?  Love the thoughts of a 4 year old. :-)

We also explored the texture and decided to paint with pieces of hay.



We're heading out soon, so I hope to try to catch up some more tonight! Mom, if you're reading this the goodies are coming with us :-)  Lori if you're reading this you may get to enjoy the brownies at our next dinner. :-)  Have a great weekend everyone! Welcome to my new followers and I will be around to visit you too!

Blessings,
Jill

28 comments:

Lori said...

Jill - I am reading this - I don't know if I want a sugar coma??? LOL - who am I kidding - I love sugar!!!! Have a good weekend and a safe one

Olives and Pickles said...

Super Yummy!!

Mama Chocolate said...

Thanks for following! I'm following back! :-)

Those brownies are adorable and look DEElicious! I'm going to have to make them soon...

Jill said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog....now following back! :)
Blessings to you,
Jill @ Sweet Diva

Kara said...

Thanks for following me! You do such fun things with your little girls- I am definitely following you back!

Have a wonderful weekend!
-Kara

Crunchy Beach Mama said...

Super fun!

Love your red-head. I have one too :)

Katie Barrett said...

Thanks for following me at http://themisadventuresofafamilyof8.blogspot.com/
I am following you back! Cute craft/snack!! :o)

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Adorable pictures!! So cute! I'm a new follower from a blog hop! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!!

Mama Hen said...

This looks like so much fun and yummy too! These are great projects! We will have to try some. Thank you for your comment about the Mono. Have a great weekend!

Mama Hen

Mandie said...

OOoo, I could eat a brownie or two!!! I love the smell of hay. I love the look of it and everything. I totally understand her love of a hay ride, lol.

Jackie H. said...

I will definitely make those... I MIGHT share them with my kids, then again... ;)
I'm following back from the blog hop thanks so much for the follow.
Jackie
www.readysetread2me.blogspot.com

Donna said...

Dear Jill, Have a great weekend! I love the photos of your sweet girls and your yummy snacks. (Not that I can eat any of course!

Thanks for joining my giveaway at Comin' Home. :O)

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home

A Primitive Homestead said...

The brownies look yummy & they sure are pretty. Wishing you much fun visting your family & praying for Gods hand to be upon you all for a safe journey. Blessings!

Kelly Polizzi said...

yay for sugar comas! Looks so yummy.

Thank you for following my blog. I am very happy to be following you back :)

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by and following! These are great ideas you have in this post! I can't wait to try them out with my kiddos!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, that all looks like so much fun! I am following you back! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Julie said...

I've got to let the kids do some cooking next week. They so love it and your ideas are so good for them.
Take care and enjoy your weekend. God Bless you and your family Jill!!

Camille said...

What a fun looking dessert those brownies are!! Your friends and family are very spoiled indeed! :)

Blessings,
Camille

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Those are the yummiest looking brownies. I've never tried painting with hay but there's always a first!

D and A said...

Looks good.

Just wanted you to know taht I am returning your follow from the blog hop. Look forward to getting to know you.

Amy @ Missional Mama

Vic said...

wow...u guys are Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

i'm so baking with the girls this weekend and loving all your craftyness! you go girls!

~ Noelle said...

now those are great ideas!!!!

Sarah Hull said...

Those desserts look yummy! Thanks for following my blog from Friday blog hops! I'm following you back now! :)

-Sarah
http://thelittlehedgehog.blogspot.com/

amy2blessings said...

Hi,
Thank you for stopping by our blog. I'm following you back. Have a blessed week!!
April

Libbie said...

Those brownies look crazy good but your daughter looks even sweeter! I love all the fun she is having! The messier the better!!!

Life In a Little House said...

Oh Yum!! How fun~ Great pictures loved your post thanks for sharing ~Love Heather

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Those look AW-some!! Not that I'm a sugar junkie!

My husband is allergic to nuts also and I've found nuts in all kinds of things that I wouldn't expect to. I've learned to read the directions VERY CAREFULLY :-D

Liz said...

Yummy! And I love how you get Kathleen involved. The art project is so cute, what a good idea!