Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Silly spoiled dog, some CVS bargains and a yummy crockpot meal :-)

I had to do a double take when I saw this outside my window. Apparently our Yorkie Skippy decided to sunbathe on the picnic table Jerry made. LOL

If you look real close you can see his little tongue sticking out....pure bliss, LOL


I headed to CVS today because they had some items on sale I needed. Plus I had coupons and extra care bucks to use.

Bounty paper towels $6.99 (part of incentive see below)
Candy corn 99 cents, plus store coupon for 99 cents =FREE! :-)
Bounce dryer sheets (2) 50 cent coupon. (Also part of incentive)
Renuzit air fresheners (6) On sale for 88 cents, had coupon buy 3 get 3 free!
Charmin toilet paper 16 rolls $9.99 (part of incentive)
Colgate toothpaste $2.99, plus ECB $2.99 = FREE!
Kathleen's wipes $1.99
Vitamins were buy one get one free but they only had 1 left of the ones I needed so they gave me half off. So it was $5.65
Softsoap (2) Deal was buy one get one free I had 2 coupons for $1.00 off. Original price $4.89 after coupon $2.89 !
Purex laundry detergent was buy one get one free plus $1.00 off coupon. $6.49 so 2 for $5.49
Pediacare 2 bottles. I had 2 coupons for $1.00 off. These were not the best price, I believe Walmart is cheaper but I needed it for the girls colds. So they were $8.39 or $7.39 each with coupons.

I had $15.00 in ECB to use. So I spent $50.51 Saved $62.23 and received $13.00 back in ECB. So really only paid about $37.51 for everything. :-)  $10.00 was for buying $25.00 in participating products to get the ECB's. :-) Gotta love good deals and stocking up!

I had a good laugh this morning..... Kathleen came sliding into the room using an Italian accent and wearing these:


Hand on her hips saying," Hey! will you marry me? LOL I have no idea where she heard that one from but it certainly made me laugh today. :-)
She was also an angel for the errands I needed to run, so that really helped my day! :-)

Thought I'd share another slow cooker meal.

Swiss Steaks with carrots

2 lbs lean beef round steak, cut 1 " thick
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1 rib celery chopped
2 carrots peeled, pared and chopped
1/4 cup onions,chopped
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 cups whole tomatoes
1/2-1 cup low-sodium tomato juice
1/2 cup grated, low fat, low sodium American cheese (optional)

1. Cut steak into six serving pieces. dredge in flour mixed with salt. Place in slow cooker.
2. Add chopped vegetables and Worcestershire sauce
3. Pour tomatoes over meat and vegetables
4. Cover. Cook on low 7-10 hours
5. Just before serving sprinkle with grated cheese if desired.

ENJOY!!!

Those of you that read this and know me personally, know I don't eat any red meats and little other meats. But I still cook it for Jerry and Hayley to enjoy. Kathleen does not like anything mixed! LOL

Thanks to everyone who has left such heartfelt comments and for all your prayers! I can't tell you how much it means to me!

Blessings,
Jill

17 comments:

Chelle said...

We have a Yorkie too. She is very spoiled. I think it is easy to do ,because they are so cute. Ours is 4 years old. I like all all the deals you got. It is a good feeling when you can get good deals aand things for free.

Traci said...

Yorkies are meant to be spoiled! You are one good shopper! I try, but I get lazy sometimes. Thanks for the motivation. It really does add up.

Tracey said...

Skippy looks so much like my Bella and she is spoiled rotten too! I love crock pot meals :D

Mandie said...

I love to see animals in their own bliss, lol. Our chickens can look dead when they sprawl out in the sun but I know they are loving every minute of it, hehe. That cracks me up about Kathleen, hahaha. She sure is a cutey! I didn't use to be a big meat eater until I met my husband. Of course he was a meat and potato kind of guy and now I love meat. But I do get wierded out easy, if I find grissle or a bone or it isn't quite done... Agghhhhh. I will run the other way.

Bec said...

haha sounds like between your yorkie and Kathleen you had a good giggle, I know I would have :)

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh your little doggy is so cute! You really did get some good deals, wow thats fantastic. Kids can come up with the silliest things to say and do lol Crock pot meal sounds yummers, thanks for sharing. Have a good day!

A Primitive Homestead said...

The little doggie is just so cute. The meal sounds good. I will have to give it a try. I am so glad you posted about slow cooers & recipes. I am so tickled with my slower cooker I got since reading your blog. Blessings!

Mama Hen said...

The pictures are so cute. I really love a good deal! I have to say that I asked the doctor if I could get Mono again, because I have been so tired for weeks. She said no. I had it about ten years ago and it took me out for about six months and I have never felt the same. How do you know you had it again? I hope you are well. have a great night!

Mama Hen

Veronica Lee said...

I love crock pot meals and your recipe sounds really yummy and easy.

Have a nice day!

Life In a Little House said...

Okay the picture of your dog is adorable lol....and you are a very good shopper I think i could learn something from you for sure...and your daughter is too cute!! and your recipe looks great I am going to print it out ~Thanks Love Heather

Kim said...

The candy corn alone was worth the trip! I LOVE a good bargain so this post was extra fun. :)

The picnic table is cool. I love the shape!

Foxglove Spires said...

I love the picture of the cute puppy in absolute bliss amazing!

Have a wonderful day. xxx

Vic said...

Kids are tooooo funny:) that dog is so darn cute! i want! i went to cvs to grab a ton of deals, got to the register and he had to override them all....good stuff there though:)

Liz said...

LOL! Those pictures of Skippy are too funny! And what a riot Kathleen is! The recipe sounds delicious. I love a good crock pot meal, makes cooking so easy!

MrsPhilipswithoneL said...

New follower from Friday Blog Hop
http://mrsphilipswithonel.blogspot.com
mrsphilipswithonel@gmail.com

~ Noelle said...

will have to try that this week :)

Donna said...

Hi Jill, I must have missed this post. Oops! That is just too funny...will you marry me..Ha! Love it! Hey that quick dinner sounded great and darling photo of your dog. I love taking photos of the pets. They crack me up. :o)

Thanks for dropping by.

Donna @ Comin' Home