Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weekend Halloween Party :-)

This was a welcoming wreath my Mom had hanging in her kitchen window. We planned lots of activities for the girls to enjoy with their cousin Neve. They had a great time! Here's a sneak peek to the fun activities. :-)

This was the first in a series my Mom made for a scavenger hunt for the girls to find their Halloween treats!


They were all dressed and ready to go...Selena Gomez, Gypsy and a caterpillar!


Finding the last clue and their goodie bags. :-)


They also pinned the tail on the cat! LOL


Bobbed for apples. So did Jerry and uncle Brent, but I'll spare them the embarrassment, LOL!


Too cute!


Had a race to fill the popcorn from one container to the next....


Enjoying the popcorn.......


Neve guessed the right amount of candies and got to keep the jar, she was quite happy! love this picture.


They enjoyed making crafts and eating LOTS of goodies.


What a fun time and great memories made. Miss you Neve!!!


We took this picture on our way home of the geese, and as you can see from lack of rainfall the water was extremely low. Sad to see.

We were also blessed enough to see a deer along side the rd. That's why we love country living, more rare in the suburbs to see daily.


Today was so busy with play dates and running errands and Kathleen's dance class, Hayley's homework, etc.
Now I'm headed to do my schoolwork as well. Tomorrow morning off to get more blood work done. Starting to feel like a pin cushion, LOL. Have a great evening!

Blessings,
Jill

10 comments:

Jhona O. said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time! I love special times like these. My little girl is going to be Hannah Montana this year. I have a Harry Potter and a Hippie too.

Thank you for the words of encouragement you left on my simple woman's day post. I need encouragement this week:) Hopefully I'll get a moment to post tomorrow. Have I told you how much I enjoy your blog? Well, I do:)

Many blessings to you and your family this week!

Cindy said...

Oh I love a good scavenger hunt!
Enjoy the night!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

That's exactly the kinds of things I loved to do with my girls...scavenger hunts, crafts and games. The smiles on their faces are priceless.

A Hopeful Heart said...

Sounds like your mom really put alot of thought and effort into making a memorable weekend for her granddaughters. Looks like they had a ball.

Our family enjoys doing scavenger hunts for Christmas gifts. It's always fun (and challenging) to come up with...or try to solve...the clues.

Praying for you!!!

Love,
Patti

Bec said...

Looks like they had a lot of fun, and I bet oyu and your mum had fun watching them too!

Vic said...

Good luck with the poking....i feel ya....been there done that with me and the girls a million times...ewwww.! hope everything is well!

those costumes are way cute.... i want to bob for apples and you guys are always so creative....pin the tail on the cat....SO FUN! Love it!

xoxo take care doll!

Jenny said...

I want to live with you! You have the most fun every day. THe kids look so cute in their costumes.

A Primitive Homestead said...

The cutest little worm in the wire basket. So good you had a fun time with the family. Praying for your blood work to come back with good results. Blessings!

Lea said...

Oh what fun! The kids look so cute in their costumes! Bet they had a ball! Oh to be a kid again. lol I love your dog in that one photo. He/she looks kinda old and makes me miss my Abraham.
Blessings to you this evening Jill.
Hope all is well with you and your family.
Lea

~ Noelle said...

how much FUN!!!!!!