Sunday, November 7, 2010

Busy weekend and some yummy recipes ;-)

We had a busy weekend. Saturday we had our good friends over for dinner. We always have a great time with them when we get together. Hayley and their daughter Maci met in Daisy scouts a few years ago, we've all become close friends ever since then. We feel blessed to have them in our lives. :-)

For dinner I made salad, and a chicken casserole and crescent rolls.  I made a pumpkin dip with gingersnaps and animal crackers, brownies and a pumpkin layer pie. :-) Yum!

Here's some recipes:

Pumpkin butter dip:

3 variations.

This is the one I made:

2 c pumpkin butter
8 oz cool whip
3 oz cream cheese
sprinkle cinnamon or nutmeg on top.

2) Mix 3/4 cup pumpkin butter
4 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup marshmallow cream

3) 1/2 cup pumpkin butter
8 oz cream cheese

Next is the double layer pumpkin pie :-)  ( For you Lori, I know how much you enjoyed it! LOL)

1 pkg. (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup plus 1 tbsp milk, divided
1 tbsp sugar
1 tub (8oz) cool whip, thawed, divided
1 graham cracker crust
1 can (15oz) pumpkin
2 pkgs (3.4oz) vanilla instant pudding
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves

Beat cream cheese, 1 tbsp. milk and sugar in large bowl with whisk until blended. stir in 1/2 the cool whip, spread into crust.

Whisk remaining milk, pumpkin, dry pudding and spices (mixture will get thick) Spread over cream cheese layer.

Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.


Stove top easy chicken bake

1 pkg 6 oz stuffing mix for chicken
1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut in bite size pieces
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup sour cream
1 16 oz pkg frozen vegetables, thawed, drained

Heat oven to 400 degrees
Prepare stuffing as directed
Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl spread in 13x9 inch pan lightly buttered (or spray in cooking spray)
Top with stuffing

Bake 30 mins or until chicken is done.



Today Hayley and I had another mother and daughter day, while Kathleen hanged out with Daddy. Hayley and I did some shopping and had a GREAT time. I really enjoy these moments with her. I will hold on tightly to everyone of them, trying to slow the quickly passing time.


Meanwhile Daddy and Kathleen kept busy around the house...when I came home she was dressed like this, and had made me a craft from marshmallows.



Daddy must have really worn her out, because while we were watching extreme makeover she conked out on Daddy and was out for the count! LOL

And one more cute Elvis and Kathleen picture to wrap up the night, this one from yesterday.

Hope you all have an amazing week!!

Blessings,
Jill

25 comments:

Kat said...

Hi Jill such adorable photos. I love the one of Kathleen conked out!
I have not blogged since the 23/Oct but I checked and I was here to visit you in your 22/Oct post.
You had a lot of comments that day so maybe you missed mine. I finally made a posting today but it was hard I really didn't know what to say I sometimes run out of things to talk about.
That's nice you got to go out with your daughter Haley for awhile and shop that is good bonding for her. I don't know what it's like to have two girls I had only one of each, but I love that idea. I am also the only daughter between two brothers, so I have the boy thing down pretty good, although I don't get to see my son a whole lot. Have a wonderful week thanks for sharing the recipes they look great! Big hugs

Sheila said...

Jill,
It sounds like y'all had a wonderful weekend. I'm glad you are having special times with each of the girls. I still do that with mine--and they are grown. Love the picture of Kathleen conked out--wish I could sleep like that. There is just something about Elvis's face that I love. He looks so content there with Kathleen. I hope you have a wonderful week. Take care.

Foxglove Spires said...

A delightful weekend, spending special time with your precious girls together and individually. I think your photos are so lovely, memories to hold.

Have a glorious week. xxx

Wendi said...

So heartwarming when they conk out on Daddy. Have a great Monday!

Vic said...

AWWWWW....what a nice post:) I can't believe you shot the brownies in there...I'm so trying to behave but the New Pillsbury Brownies are yum and cheap at sam's haha....i love when they fall asleep in your arms....breathtaking:)

Lori said...

Thanks for the recipe Jill - I was going to ask you for it anyway - now you don't have to type it again. Think I'll make it for Thanksgiving. Maci wanted to eat it for breakfast Sunday morning - had to turn her down on that one - but didn't tell her I had a small piece before she even got up that morning - was afraid she would smell the pumpkin on my breath - whew - got away with that one.

Jill said...

Hi Kat! So happy to have you stop by! I wrote some more on your post today :-)

Hi Sheila! Thanks for stopping by, I hope my girls and I will always be close and enjoy days out together. Elvis is the sweetest cat ever. So loving. When i clean he follows me around to every room and watches me. The kids pick him up and carry him around she just hangs there lol. Love him :-)

Foxglove Spires, thank you so much!

Hi Wendi, Thank you, I love when they sleep so soundly and so content on one of us. :-)

Hi Vic! Yes I was going to post the others but forgot to take pictures. They were good though :-) LOL

Lori, You are welcome! I knew you'd want it after your face when you tried it! LOL Sneaky mommy, a piece for breakfast? LOL at least the pumpkin is healthy! LOL

Have a great day everyone!!

Tracey said...

Hi Jill! Sounds like a wonderful weekend and thanks for sharing these recipes. I'm gonna try the pie recipe tonight! Great photos!
Hugs and blessings,
Tracey

Truthful Mommy said...

Adorable photos. Your girls are beautiful, like their Mama! These recipes sound great.i'm going to have to jot them down and save them for when I am NOT working a diet:)LOL Happy Mothering!

SonyaAnn said...

Your kids are so blessed to have wonderful and devoted parents. I know that someday they will come to appreciate the gifts that you have given them.

Jill said...

Hi Tracey! You are welcome, hope you enjoy them and thank you so much!

Truthful Mommy, Thank you for your kind words. By the way no calories in them, lol...I wish!! :-)

SonyAnn, Thank you so very much, I really appreciate that.

Liz said...

The pumpkin butter dip sounds incredible! Such a yummy treat and perfect for this time of the year! I love your mother daughter times. For the past two weeks, I have been trying to find one day a week where Avery and I go have a fun snack and hangout together. We spend all day together but I try to make out snack outing extra special. It's been fun and I can't wait for it to evolve as she gets older!

~Alicia said...

Hi Jill,
Stopping by from the Monday Mom's blog hop!
I LOVE that pumpkin dip recipe and think I'm going to try it this next week. Sounds so yummy!
Thanks!
~Alicia
"Congo, Here we Come"
http://aliciamariechristensen.blogspot.com

Tracey said...

I have a question for you...what do you do with the other 1/2 cool whip? I'm in the process of making the pie and not sure what to do with it. If I don't hear from you soon I will just add it as a topping ;)

Rayanne said...

Yummy! Cute pictures too.
I love this time of year. Lots of baking!!

Jamie said...

Thanks for linking up on Mom Blog Monday! We're the featured blog of the week so we wanted to stop over to say hello! We look forward to following along with you and hope you'll do the same!
Blessings,
j
www.beneaththeacaciatree.com

Jill said...

Tracey, I think I may be late responding to you! For the pie you are right to use the extra for topping. I used it to make a second pie at the same time. Please let me know if you get this response, when I clicked on your link it wouldn't allow me access. Thanks so much

Jamie said...

Jill! Sorry I posted after you posted! Thanks again for stopping by - I look forward to following along on your blog as well! It looks like you came home to a party... I love the imaginations of kids and how they never fail to bring out a smile! Have a wonderful week!!!
Blessings,
j
www.beneaththeacaciatree.com

Life In a Little House said...

Ha how cute...she sure did look exhausted lol!1 great recipes thanks for sharing. Looks busy but also a lot of fun over here!! ;-) ~Love Heather

Tiffany said...

I'm not usually a pumpkin flavored fan-but that Pumpkin Butter looks pretty darn good! Come visit us at The Power of Moms. A place where mothers worldwide can draw strength and encouragement from each other. Have a great day.

A Primitive Homestead said...

Sweet photo of Kathleen & Elvis. That cat sure will miss Kathleen when she goes off to school. I see you Jill. Your in the photo this time. LOL! So great you & Hayley had a day out. You are so right. Time goes by fast. Our kids grow up before we know it. Babies to teens & oh my adults. Where did the time go? Blessings to you & yours!

Angie Berry said...

Fun times! What an adorable picture of you and Hayley! We have lots of family time, but my daughter and I go shopping at least once a month. Not really to spend money, but just to spend time together. It's very important to have that one-on-one. I wish we had more time, but I'm thankful for the time that we have. Looks like Kathleen and dad had a great time too! =]

Kim said...

I am right there with you hanging on to every minute w/my oldest. I know this is the year that they start to pull away and not want to be with Mommy anymore. I am dreading that day. :(

This Beautiful Mess said...

Following back! Thanks for stopping by! Looking forward to trying that recipe :)

http://thisbeautifulmessofmine.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Haley looks so much like you. I haven't realized that until today when I stopped by. I love daughter daddy days too. I still love the days I spend with my daddy and I'm ....well not to old to still call him daddy.
I love your crafts with you wee one. Keep them coming.
Take care Jill, have a blessed evening.