Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween night :-)

Even though we've only lived here 5 years, I must say we have a wonderful neighborhood. Especially for raising our girls. I feel blessed to have found this one on our weekend whirlwind of house hunting 5 years ago. This is the only home Kathleen has ever known....while our Hayley was born in NC, and has lived 5 other places. It was great fun walking around last night, seeing familiar faces and watching the kids have a grand time! Memories to treasure for sure. Jerry had a lot of fun jumping out from under the table and scaring the teenagers. I wish I had my video camera then. All in fun. :-)




We like going around with the girls, so we leave this table set up and check back to keep filling it up.


I would say they made out pretty well last night. It will take till next year to finish it all! LOL I have to add this video of Kathleen in her caterpillar costume, sorry it's sideways!! That's Hayley laughing in the background, the whole neighborhood had good laughs over her running last night. :-)

Hope you have a great day!
Blessings,
Jill
Enhanced by Zemanta

20 comments:

Wendi said...

Looks like you had a great time. The video of Kathleen is so cute!!

Life In a Little House said...

Oh how cute great pictures...and wonderful memories ~Love Heather

Truthful Mommy said...

Adorable! Looks like the whole family had a great night!It was so cold here last night we only went out for about an hour but the girls bags were sufficiently filled:) Unfortunately,this year people were busing their kids into our neighborhood and all of us from the neighborhood leave bowls out like you but the visiting kids were taking hands full. Next year,someone is staying home to man the bowl and scare the big kids:)

~Krystle~ said...

Looks like you had a blast and the girls had fun too. Cute pics and video!

Catherine Anne said...

Love the pics by the door. So cute~

Sara said...

Great costumes! Love the video...lol!!!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Your girls are so cute!

Camille said...

How wonderful that you have an "old fashioned" neighbourhood where it's all in fun and family-oriented! Your girls both are cute. :)

Blessings,
Camille

SonyaAnn said...

Awwwwwww! The girls are so adorable and they made out really well!

Lisa B. said...

Looks like the girls had a great time! We used to set our candy out like that also. We never had any problems with someone taking all of it and not sharing.

Foxglove Spires said...

Such sweet photo's and a wonderful night!

Enjoy your day. xxxx

Mandie said...

That is sooooo funny! I love her little tail bouncing. I would say they made out good, full size candy bars, jackpot!!!

It is so nice living in a good neighborhood. Makes it safe and fun.

The Little House That Grew said...

I am moving soon and I am so praying that I move into a great neighborhood with great neighbors. I never get a lot of time to search for a house so I am hoping for your luck and I just stumbled upon a dream neighborhood!
Lisa

Kerri said...

The kids are so cute in the Halloween costumes!!
I can't believe some people still pass out BIG candy bars! Geez...I can barely afford the bag of little ones!
You guys are pretty good at pumpkin carving!!

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

They sure had fun!! I have a picture of my (now 22 year old - six foot five foot tall) nephew sitting in a hole he made in sand dune....it's just precious and one of my most prized possessions....I'm sure you'll treasure these pictures as well....

Lynn said...

mmmm candy and they sure got lots, I love their costumes and your daughter was so cute running that was funny thanks for sharing :o)

Crunchy Beach Mama said...

awwww your girls look great too! :)

Angie Berry said...

Sounds like lots of fun was had by all. Look at those big candy cars, we didn't get any that big! How fun! That video is so cute!

Erin from Skoots and Cuddles said...

your video gave me a good laugh. that costume is priceless! thanks for perking up my afternoon!

Liz said...

The video is a riot! So funny! I love it!

I need to come trick or treat in your neighborhood, that candy collection is amazing!