Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans Day

To all who have served, are currently serving or have families serving, THANK YOU!! We are so very grateful for your service to our country. Happy Veterans Day, which we should recognize every day. :-)

Veterans DayImage via Wikipedia
Enhanced by Zemanta
"They Did Their Share


On Veteran’s Day we honor

Soldiers who protect our nation.

For their service as our warriors,

They deserve our admiration.


Some of them were drafted;

Some were volunteers;

For some it was just yesterday;

For some it’s been many years;


In the jungle or the desert,

On land or on the sea,

They did whatever was assigned

To produce a victory.



Some came back; some didn’t.

They defended us everywhere.

Some saw combat; some rode a desk;

All of them did their share.


No matter what the duty,

For low pay and little glory,

These soldiers gave up normal lives,

For duties mundane and gory.


Let every veteran be honored;

Don’t let politics get in the way.

Without them, freedom would have died;

What they did, we can’t repay.

We owe so much to them,

Who kept us safe from terror,

So when we see a uniform,

Let’s say "thank you" to every wearer."


By Joanna Fuchs


Have a wonderful Day!

Blessings,
Jill

14 comments:

Tracey said...

Hi Jill! What a beautiful tribute to our Veterans. I didn't see your post but I did add the extra cool whip as the topping and I must tell you my family and I loved it! I love pumpkin anyway but the cream cheese is a very nice addition to it. I am making it to take to my inlaws for Thanksgiving! Thanks again for sharing this recipe with us. Have a lovely day!
Hugs and blessings,
Tracey

Wendi said...

So true that we should honor our veterans everyday!

Jenny said...

Thank you Jill for the lovely tribute.

Rheanna said...

Thanks so much for stopping by Cammo Style Love. I appreciate the kind words about my husband and the military! thank you :)

Iv'e got a great review/giveaway going on and I'm also starting a blog hop on sunday! stop by

Camille said...

In Canada we call it "Remembrance Day" ~ but whatever its name, the sentiment is the same...we are every grateful! May we never forget!

Blessings to you Jill!
Camille

A Hopeful Heart said...

Lovely post!!! Those that have served for the cause of freedom DESERVE our respect and honor...not just today, but EVERY day of the year.

As the bumper sticker says, "If you love your freedom, thank a vet."

Hope your doctor appt. went well yesterday. Keep me posted.

Love and prayers,
Patti

Kelly Polizzi said...

love the poem jill!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Jill,
Thanks for sharing that poem!!!! I shared a really neat little link about Veteran's Day on my Facebook page...and some of my other friends have too... I'm so proud of our military and thankful for their service....and the life they provide for all of us ;) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Love that picture of the old man in the Dough Boy uniform. Very touching. Thank you for recognizing our veterans!

Mandie said...

What a wonderful day to honor such brave people. We are truly blessed.

It looks like you have been so busy. I love all of your Indian lessons you have done. I also loved the way you had Kathleen's bag packed. Soooo clever! How fun to hide things in pockets too, lol.

Kerri said...

What a picture of the old man holding the flag. LOVE the poem. On Monday my cousin's vehicle was hit by a roadside bomb in Iraq. He and his crew are all fine.

Karen said...

Great post.. We as a nation are very blessed to have so many wonderful men and woman, protecting us and God protecting them..

Mama Hen said...

Excellent post Jill! It is so important to recognize the people who have dedicated their lives to protect us. Have a great weekend my friend!

Mama Hen

~ Noelle said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU