Monday, November 29, 2010

Kathleen's Birthday!

Well I have a few mins. before heading up the rd. so I'm going to try to update with pictures this time! :-)
Kathleen and I worked on her birthday cake. One thing I have found that saddens me is the stores will not sell the cake toppers. They insist you buy the whole cake. The only problem is what to do with a cake when my child is allergic to eggs? I know Birthday express sells some, but not all in the choices she would like to have. So we get creative on our own, sometimes I'll buy miniature figurines etc. to put on, but at times that can be tricky due to the weight. the stores I've asked are Walmart, Redners, Acme, Giant, Weiss, local grocery stores even. I can't even understand why they wouldn't...they are still making a profit!

Anyway.... we enjoy our time creating!


Notice by the messiest part she's lost the napkin protecting her shirt?? LOL

This is her being silly with the wrap off the cool whip container :-0

Our completed Fancy Nancy cake. This year I cut Nancy from the invitation and centered it on the cake.

Daddy every year sends his girls ( all of us) flowers and balloons, this was just after they delivered it.



The special party outfit!

Fancy Kathleen!


the birthday banner we had personalized for her. :-0



My Mom made this poster for pin the crown on Nancy. Each year she'll make one according to the theme.

We also had a little surprise of snow on her birthday!

Daddy taking care of the turkey!



The girls with my niece. Love this picture!



The ham....

Some gifts....







Happy 5th Birthday my beautiful girl!

Some Crafts....




These were a couple of the outfits she got that matched with her dolls.

We had such a great time! More games and fun but too many pictures to post! :-) We took a little trip yesterday so I'll be posting that separately. Thanks for stopping by to visit!

Have a great day!

Blessings,
Jill

22 comments:

Kerri said...

What a FUN birthday party for Fancy Kathleen!
You girls did a great job on the cake!

claudia b said...

Happy Birthday Kathleen!!!! You and your dolls are very stylish!

Wendi said...

Happy Birthday, Kathleen!

The party looks fun and I am so glad that you still go all out even with it so close to the holidays. My bd is jan 12th and I hated it when I was told I was getting a combo Christmas/bd gift.

Have a great day!

Veronica Lee said...

Happy Birthday, Kathleen!! What an awesome party! Love the pics!

McVal said...

Happy Birthday to her! And congrats to the parents!
I love the matching outfits on the American girl doll and Kathleen.We had matching outfits once for one of my girls, but they outgrew them too fast. The girls, not the doll.

Jenny said...

OH how fun. Happy Birthday sweet girl. Jill, check Sugarcraft.com for cake toppers, it is a local store here that does ship all kinds of stuff, they will probably have what you are looking for. Her cake and decorations were adorable!!!

Liz said...

Looks like a great birthday! That is so sweet of your husband to send flowers and balloons, what a great dad and husband! The cake loos great, I love how you decorated it. The pictures are so cute, my fave is the one with Kathleen posing with her leg up, so adorable! Happy belated birthday, Kathleen!

A Primitive Homestead said...

Jill you did a beautiful job on the cake. Kathleen sure enjoyed the mixer beaters. My granddaughter likes to lick the beaters. Sam still from time to time. So happy you shared your birthday photos Kathleen. Very pretty dressed in your birthday outfit. It looks like you got many wonderful gifts. An American doll I am sure I will see you with often. Enjoy! Hayley I love your cool hat. Blessings!

Lynn said...

Aww happy birthday to your daughter. Your cake looks better than any Walmart cake I love it! Her theme is so pretty for her party and I love the idea of your hubby sending yall flowers and balloons on your birthdays that is just so sweet :o)

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Jill.... Happy Birthday, Kathleen :) :) What a precious gift....:)...that goes for your entire family, too :) :)

I'm sorry you can find decent cake toppers anywhere...but you know what? The ones you make yourself are always the best ;) :) :) K. looks like she's having a blast :) :)

Wow....I was impressed with everything...especially the birthday banner :) :) :) That's so cool!!!! One year for my birthday, I didn't want cake...I wanted grilled cheese...so my friends....they made me a birthday grilled cheese sandwich with a candle in it ;) :) You remind me of my friends...It's those extra touches that make the birthdays so special :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Buckeroomama said...

Happy birthday, Kathleen!

Looks like a fun party. Your cake came out really pretty... and it's so cool that she got matching outfits with her dolls! :)

Julie Harward said...

Wow...what a party! The look of happiness in her eyes at the American doll is so sweet! Love that her dad sends flowers..so awesome! :D

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh my goodness! I don't think you need to buy a cake topper because yours is just about PERFECT! It looks like she had a wonderful day! Are you a Pennsylvania girl like me? We got a little dusting of snow on Thanksgiving morning. I am not ready for it at all. Last year just did me in! Hope you have a wonderful week! Love, becky

mommetime said...

love the pictures...it looks like it was a super special day! I am following you from the chickadee blog hop. Amy http://mommetime.com/

Lisa B. said...

The cake turned out wonderful! Thanks for sharing all the great pictures. You girls are lucky girls getting flowers too!

Carmen said...

Fancy! Fancy! I absoluty enjoyed looking at her birthday pictures! Happy Birthday, Kathleen.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

That's what I call celebrating a birthday! Kathleen is adorable with her birthday outfit.

So special that Daddy remembers his girls and flowers and balloons for birthdays. Looking forward to hearing about the other surprise.

Holly said...

Wow! Wish I had birthday parties that precious when I was little! What an awesome mama you are!

Karen said...

Oh Jill. I loved the pictures.. what a wonderful birthday she had..thanks for sharing..

Rayanne said...

My kind of party!
Tell your sweet one "Happy Birthday" from a bloggy friend!
Priceless!

Mommying On The Fly said...

WOW .. looks like you guys had a BLAST... (LOVE the grinch.. bwahahhahaha and your girls are adorable).. Thanks for the follow... following back..

~ Noelle said...

hope she had a super happy birthday!
love how she looks with her American Girl Dolls
and daddy sends flowers?
SWEET