Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kitchen disaster but ending with a cute note...always find postive right?!

Tonight while walking on the treadmill enjoying my music, I saw a steady stream of water pouring down over our kitchen light onto the kitchen isle.

Jerry quickly removed the light before I could get off the treadmill to take pictures. Hayley was upstairs taking her shower and must not have pulled the curtain all the away across. My camera had been sitting there, so that explains the condensation... It's hard to see the water coming down here.


You can see to the right a nice hole beginning.


The ceiling beginning to buckle....front and back of picture...


This is another area of the ceiling where water droplets started soaking through....

Yeah, I would say it's not looking pretty, getting worse. So we are listening to drips in our collection of buckets... hoping homeowner's insurance covers this. It reminds me of the book "Eloise Takes a Bawth That's how it's spelled, she's a little English girl. Ironically it's one of Hayley's favorites. She ends up flooding the Plaza hotel lol. Poor Hayley was crying and so upset, we reassured her it was o.k. She didn't do it intentionally. I said "hey, you gave Mommy another blog post for the night" LOL. I think we'll be fine, I have a handy husband. Just getting it cut out and dried will be the challenging part.

On a happier note I had to share these pictures of Kathleen and Sally waiting for Hayley's school bus.

Makes my heart melt...



JUST MY DOG




He is my other eyes that can see above

the clouds; my other ears that hear above

the winds. He is the part of me that can

reach out into the sea.



He has told me a thousand times over that

I am his reason for being: by the way he

rests against my leg; by the way he thumps

his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he

shows his hurt when I leave without taking him.

(I think it makes him sick with worry when he

is not along to care for me.)



When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive.

When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile.

When I am happy, he is joy unbounded.

When I am a fool, he ignores it.

When I succeed, he brags.

Without him, I am only another man. With him,

I am all-powerful.

He is loyalty itself.

He has taught me the meaning of devotion.

With him, I know a secret comfort and a

private peace. He has brought me understanding

where before I was ignorant.

His head on my knee can heal my human hurts.

His presence by my side is protection against

my fears of dark and unknown things.

He has promised to wait for me...

whenever...wherever--in case I need him.

And I expect I will--as I always have.





He is just my dog.

--- Gene Hill ---

www page: My Dog

This piece originally appeared in Tears & Laughter

Copyright Gene Hill. All rights reserved.

Just love this piece. For our most faithful companions are our beloved dogs.

Hope everyone is having a great night! Hoping my ceiling will not completely collapse while we sleep tonight. :-)

blessings,
Jill

12 comments:

Mama Hen said...

Oh my goodness I am so sorry you have to go through this. That is tough to deal with water damage. The pictures are very cute! I hope it all gets better quickly. Have a good night!

Mama Hen

Adriane said...

Yikes on the water! But I loved your attitude about it. :)

The pictures of Kathleen and Sally waiting on the bus are very cute. I had a little poodle that did that when I was a girl too. He was the first to greet me when I walked in the door! I still remember that all of these years later.

This Beautiful Mess said...

Thanks for stopping by! Love your blog and I'm following back!

http://thisbeautifulmessofmine.blogspot.com

Miller Moments said...

Oh yikes! There is nothing worse than water damage...but you have a great outlook! And it's always a plus to have a handy husband-I have one too and I'm constantly reminded by my friends how lucky I am. :) Hopefully it will all be fixed soon!

Sheila said...

Love the pictures of Sally and Kathleen waiting for Hayley.
We had the same problem shortly after we moved into this house--shower above overflowing. I went into our bathroom downstairs and there was a BIG water bubble hanging from the ceiling and water in the light fixture in the hall. I was scared the bubble would pop on my head!! That is the only time I appreciated the cottage cheese ceilings we have in this house!! Thank goodness we have handy husbands!! Hope you have a great day. Take care.

Wendi said...

Oh my! It seems like there is always something. Sorry that happened.

Love the picture of welcome home crew. Very cute!

Have a great day!

Alea said...

I love having a handy husband; it makes me so philosphical about home and car disasters! Praying for quick resolution on your kitchen ceiling!

The pictures of your dog and daughter waiting for the bus are priceless!

P.S. Sorry you couldn't find the RSS feed on my blog. I need to move it to a more prominent position.

SonyaAnn said...

I hate drywall work. It is always something, isn't it?
And I love the pictures. Dogs are such a gift from God.

Sandy J said...

Wow on the water. I think we forget sometimes how distructive water can be.

And the pictures of Katheleen and Sally waiting are precious. When I was growing up our cat use to wait in the front window for us to come home from school/work - like she knew the time.

And that poem is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

McVal said...

Oh my! I can so relate to the water incident! Now only did our bathtub have a leak and the ceiling caved in on our dining room table, but it has rained in our front hall closet before because my dear son didn't realize the shower curtain had to be on the inside of the bathtub...
ARRGGHHHH....

Angie Berry said...

Oh Jill, I can so relate! We had been in our home less than a year. I was in the kitchen and water just started coming out of the ceiling so I started hollering at my husband. We discovered it was my daughter taking a shower without putting the liner inside the tub. She actually did it a second time months later but we knew immediately what it was. She was upset and cried like your Hayley and we didn't even get on to her.

Adorable pictures of Kathleen and Sally!

Liz said...

Oh no, so sorry about the ceiling. What a chore! But as you said it was an accident and if nothing else a lessoned learned. Poor Haley though! Love the pictures of Kathleen and Sally, so sweet! The poem is wonderful! I love my dogs!