Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Some quotes and a simple dessert


Today is another busy day, so not much time to post. Thought I would share a few of my favorite quotes today.

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire"  William Butler Yeats

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."      Mark Twain

"If life gives us rocks, its our choice whether to build a bridge or a wall"  Unknown


"I am responsible. Although I may not be able to prevent the worst from happening, I am responsible for my attitude toward the inevitable misfortunes that darken life. Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and my quality of life."  Walter Anderson

"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission"  Eleneor Roosevelt


A simple yummy dessert, that is great in a sundae glass cup is this peach parfait.

Can of peaches (or fresh sliced)
Pack of soft molasses cookies
cool whip

Crumble the molasses cookies in a bowl.
Place a spoonful in the bottom of sundae cup
Then add peaches, then cool whip in layers. Keep layering until filled, keep in refrigerate until ready to serve.
Enjoy!!

Hope you are having a great day! We are headed to dance class soon. If only there was time for Mommy to nap! LOL!

Sharing one of my favorite pictures from when we visited the Aquarium. Yes that's a real hippo!

Enhanced by Zemanta
Blessings,
Jill

12 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Jill,
Love your quotes I and will add these to my ever growing collection!! I love quotes and my collection is large!
Love the dessert recipe-sounds really yummy and I will be trying this out!
Have a great evening.
Blessings

Tracey said...

Hi Jill! I love quotes and enjoyed reading yours. I'm writing down this recipe but need to wait til after the holidays to make it...I'm getting too fat, lol. Love the hippo photo :) The Christmas Village in your below post looks like a lot of fun. Hope you're having a great week!
Hugs and blessings,
Tracey

Kat said...

Hi Jill I love those quotes! and I am in need of reading them right now. They really hit the spot!
Kathleen looks adorable as always! the recipes are great too! have a great week! big hugs

Vic said...

haha..i love the hippo...but more so the quotes:) dream big and dig deep!:)

Along A Widowed Road said...

Hi Jill,
Thanks for dropping by my blog and following. I'm following you to. If I haven't said before, I love your blog.
Hope your week is going well so far.

Thank you for the comment on my latest post.

Take care,
Viola of www.alongawidowedroad.blogspot.com

Himadri said...

thanks for these beautiful quotes.....i m sending three of these as SMS to my friends...and love the hippo

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I love the quotes and the dessert and the photo! What a cute hippo. She seems to be smiling while swimming with the fish!

Cindy said...

Thank you for those much needed words of encouragement today!!
And the hippo made me smile!!
Enjoy the day

Sara said...

Love your quotes and thanks for sharing the yummy recipe!!

McVal said...

great quotes!

The pic reminds me of a Christmas song!

I want a hippotomus for Christmas!
Only a hippotomus will do.

Foxglove Spires said...

Such wonderful quotes Jill, I love your photo of your little princess smelling the flowers and I must show my daughter the photo of the Hippo she loves them!

Have a beautiful day. xxx

Flying Giggles and Lollipops said...

I love the quotes and the dessert sounds delicious. I have always loved peaches and a huge fan of simple recipes!