Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Tea with Mrs. Claus!

Yesterday we had a surprise visitor stay overnight after we arrived home. It was great catching up with him as he now lives about 2 hours away.

We got up this morning and after a nice big breakfast (that my husband cooked ) we headed to lunch with Mrs. Claus at the tea room.



They really had it decorated beautifully!

I was enjoying looking at all the vintage tea cups and saucers. So beautiful and delicate.






Mrs. Claus, she served lots of hot chocolate and checked the list to see if the girls were naughty or nice. She also had them make special lists for Santa.



Hot cocoa with special marshmallows!


Then the girls got to pick goodies out of the basket to take home.


We had such yummy food and the girls really enjoyed themselves.

Afterwards I came back to "reality". While the guys hung out with the girls, playing the Wii, etc. I spent 8 hours doing college Math. It is defintely not my favorite subject and it's been more than 10 years since I've taken a course, so I lost a lot of it from not using it regularly. not looking forward to the tests this week, but the homework part is finally done! Yeah! Jerry was also sweet enough to cook dinner and do the dishes. What a huge help to me today trying to get my work done. I am blessed to have him.

Hope you have a great night and a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Jill

8 comments:

Flying Giggles and Lollipops said...

What a sweetheart to help you out when you need it most!

That tea room looks fabulous! I cannot wait until my girls are both old enough to take them for a nice tea!

Julie Harward said...

Oh, how fun! I love doing things like that with my daughters and grand daughters! What a sweet hubbie you have too, mine is so good to help like that too. :D

Tracey said...

What fun for your girls and the whole family! I love tea rooms! That is sweet of your husband to help you out :)
Blessings,
Tracey

Mama Hen said...

That is such a lovely idea that your children will always remember as being very special. I do not know of any tea rooms around here. I would love to do something like that with my daughter. The hot cocoa and marshmallows look delicious! Little Chick is still under the weather with this Mono. Any thoughts? Have a great day!

Mama Hen

Mandie said...

Eeekk! College math, pooooey. LOL I took some college classes a couple of years ago and couldn't believe how hard it was to have homework again, haha. I will say a prayer for you that the tests are easy and you do great!

Tea with Mrs. Clause looks soo fun and what a great Mrs. Clause she is. Merry Christmas!

Along A Widowed Road said...

Hi Jill,
The tea room looks like a fun and great experience.
I wish San Diego had something like that.
Great pics too.

Have a blessed day,
Viola

Kelly Polizzi said...

Aww what a sweet thing to do for the kids!

A Primitive Homestead said...

You can do it. Good luck on your test! Beautiful photos of your fun day. Blessings!