Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's cookie time!!!!! :-) Recipes included (2 egg free!)

Hello!

We have been having such a wonderful family day! Christmas carols playing continuously, decorations finished up, aprons and Santa hats on, and a toasty kitchen with heavenly smells!!


This is the Christmas village the girls worked on together.


Kathleen decorating her mini live tree.



Hayley's tree she decorated and has in her room for her American girls to enjoy!



No family resemblence here is it? LOL



Somebody is sneaking cookies!..... ;-)

Joy!

Things get a little messy......

Our stalker is back, lol....we were trying to shoo him away from the baking area....

But he wasn't backing down! I think he thought he was hiding really well.

Enjoying the aroma of the butterscotch chips!

Please please can I have some cookies????

Concentration....

Wow, Mommy made it into a picture! LOL

I had to share this...while waiting for the cookies to bake the girls played with the balloon, and Kathleen's hair was just cracking us up!

So yummy and both are egg free!  (Recipe to follow)

Sillyness!



The apron says it all....

I think we wore Elvis out. It was hard work watching us make all the cookies, lol.

Cookie tray filling for Jerry's work. :-) We of course shared with our neighbors, I had to borrow some butter from them mid way through, lol!


Don't forget...my giveaway ends tomorrow, still time to enter here.

Now for the yummy recipes!

Andes Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies

1/2 cup salted butter softened
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 package (10 oz) Andes Creme de Menthe chips
2 2/3 cups sifted flour

Blend butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until mixed. Stir in Andes Baking Chips and then flour.
Chill for an hour in refrigerator
Measure out about 1 oz of dough. Roll into ball and slightly flatten.
Bake at 350 for 8-10 mins.
Cool on pans before removing.
Makes about 4 dozens


Chocolate Cherry Cookies (egg free!)

1 package (8 ounce) chocolate cake mix
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
10 maraschino cherries, rinsed, drained and cut into halves
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line baking trays with parchment paper
Beat cake mix,milk and almond extract in medium bowl with electric mixer at low speed. Increase to medium speed when it started to look crumbly; beat until smooth. (dough will be very sticky)
Coat hands with cooking spray, shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place balls 2 1/2 inches apart on tray. Flatten slightly add cherry to the middle.
Bake 8-9 mins or until cookies lose their shininess and top begins to crack. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
Remove to wire racks to cool

Pumpkin Butterscotch cookies  (egg free)

1/2 cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cream butter and sugar.
Add pumpkin and vanilla
In seperate bowl stir together dry ingredients, add to butter mixture and stir
Add butterscotch chips, drop by teaspoon fulls onto trays (parchment paper lined)
Bake 8-10 mins. or until lightly brown around edges.
Cool on sheet for 1 min. then cool completely on wire rack.


Yummy chocolate chip cookies

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 12 oz package chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a small bowl combine first 3 ingredients and set aside
In large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars together until fluffy
Add vanilla and eggs, beat well
sift dry ingredients to creamed mixture, mix well
add chocolate chips, mix well
take dough roll into balls
place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet
bake 8-10 mins

Makes about 3 1/2 dozen

Enjoy!!!


Quote for today:

" I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come around, as a good time;a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys"

Charles Dicken

Have a great night!

Blessings,
Jill

19 comments:

claudia b said...

Love it! Thanks for the recipes, and you're right, so rare that mom gets in the pictures!

Julie Harward said...

Jill, I really loved that quote. Your cookies look awesome and what fun you all are having. The cat peeking in, so cute! Your tree is beautiful too! Keep having fun guys! (I am sending this all off to you tomorrow!) :D

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Thank you my friend for sharing such precious family moments. Yes I do think your older girl looks just like her daddy and I think the baby girl looks just like her mommy. Isn't God so good to us? HE blesses us with family and friends. Merry Christmas Jill!!! Tell your hubby it was sweet of him to take pictures with you and the girls. I can tell he loves his family. God bless you all.
Hugs,
Bren

Janet - AKA: Latte Lady said...

You are a blessed stay at home mom!

Janet

www.homeward4.blogspot.com

~Niki~ said...

wow, looks like you all had a great time!
ok, answer me this...how in the heck do you get all those pics to load at once?
my blogger is only letting me upload 1 pic at a time. i have to post then edit and add another pic, on and on. seems like you've figured it out since you loaded so many pics. please help! lol

Wendi said...

What great memories! Your hubby looks like a fun daddy.

Have a great Monday!

Alison @ Welcome Sunshine Home said...

Hi! It looks like you all had such a fun time!

Thanks for visiting me. Now I'm following you.

I hope you have a great week! :)
Alison
http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/

Itsy Bitsy Learners said...

I love visiting your blog, you truly are a wonderful Mother and I can see the love and joy in your daughter's smiles. A wonderful blog to visit.

Julie said...

Thank you for the recipes. I love new ones to try. It was so cool to see your hubby baking cookies with you guys and the best, to see you in pictures too. Take care Jill. Have a blessed week.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Nothing like making cookies with the family and what a beautiful family you have! Love the pictures and sweet quote!

Merry Christmas!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Bec said...

aw Jill I have missed your posts lately! THey always make me smile, the things you all do as a family remind me of when I was growing up always such fun simple family time that really is the stuff memories are made of. I saw your email last night and I promise I will get back to you, I was going to chat with you about schooling stuff but I hav just been sooo tiredlately.

Buckeroomama said...

I love seeing the pictures of your girls. They are so sweet with each other. :)

Thank you so much for sharing the recipes. I have bookmarked this and will try them soon!

Sheila said...

Hi Jill,
I love all the pictures. It's nice to see you again. Elvis looks right at home--I'm glad he found y'all. I'm going to copy these recipes--maybe I'll try my hand at baking again. Your girls are lovely. I hope y'all have a wonderful week. Take care.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Wow! Christmas is in full swing at your house!!!!

Donna said...

Dear Jill, What sweet photos of your holiday fun! I love seeing the pictures of your girls and hubby too. Priceless!

I tried to find your giveaway but can't. Do you have a link to it somewhere on the blog? I'd love to join it.

Congratulations on winning Julie's contest. How fun! :o) I stumbled upon her blog by accident because I saw your photo at the top of the post. Ha!

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home

A Primitive Homestead said...

The trees the girls decorated for their rooms are pretty & so fun to have their own tree. They look like Alberts Spruce trees? If so I wanted to let you know you can plant them outside in the spring. Mine were this size when we got them. Each of my children got their own tree to plant. A fun memory. Now we have the Grandchildrens trees in the garden. Your girls would love planting & tending them as they see them grow. I remember how they enjoyed the big veggies they grew. After Christmas you would want to move them to a cool place til spring & water such as a garage if you have one. I kept the last two inside all winter & the needles fell of the side that did not get sun. They did come back outside later. Blessings!

Junibears said...

How lovely to visit your blog and see your lovely family having such a great time.
Thank you for sharing and thank you for the recipes. The cookies look great!

Hugs June xx

Camille said...

What a fun post Jill! I enjoyed all the photos of you all in your Santa hats...fun times! Don't eat all that baking all at once. :)

Blessings to you!
Camille

~ Noelle said...

love how all of yall worked together!
great family time