Sunday, December 26, 2010

Lunar Eclipse and Christmas Eve!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas! We were able to spend time with some family on Christmas Eve and it was so nice. As always it went way too quickly.

Jerry did get me a new camera for Christmas, as well as other nice gifts, so we tried it out with the lunar eclipse the other night. I was pretty happy with the pictures it took and an amazing zoom.

Right before....


During. :-)



I made Reindeer food with the girls and we added glitter so they wouldn't have any trouble finding it. :-)


In their Christmas dresses.


This is an oak tree that was cut down in front of my sister's house. It had been interfering with the phone and electric lines so the electric company came out and cut it down. Such a shame it was a beautiful old tree.



The girls with their American girl dolls so happy to spend the day with their cousin :-)


A lot of opening presents going on, and I love candid shots. Jonas brothers were on the case, that's why Hayley has that expression. LOL.


The girls with our "adopted" family friend Sarah.


Jerry with our furry nephew Frank!! He's only 9 months old, he's going to be huge!


Jerry with my Mom (R) and Tommie(L) (another adopted family member) :-) We had a scare with Tommie earlier in the year. She was diagnosed with a brain tumor but it is inoperable, so they are treating it with medications. We are so thankful to have her with us this year.

The dolls of course needed their hair styled for the holidays too!


Back at home throwing out oats for the Reindeer.


Milk, cookies and notes for Santa. :-)


Hayley even set out milk and cookies and a note from her American Girls.


Just about ready for bed!


Kathleen on her cot in Hayley's room ready for story time. Faithful Sally by her side....

Tomorrow I'll post some from Christmas but a little sneak peek on our happenings right now...


The snow has started and we are super excited!!! More to follow with that too. LOL

Have a great night!!!


Blessings,
Jill

9 comments:

Sheila said...

Jill,
What a wonderful family y'all must have. I love all the family shots. It's been years since we were able to have all our family together. I miss those days.
We tried to get shots of the eclipse but they didn't work out. I got a new camera for Christmas too but I hadn't opened it then so we tried with my old one.
Frank sure is a big boy--I so want a big dog but Jessica is deathly afraid of them for some unknown reason.
It's good to see a picture of you--I hope you are feeling well.
Hayley and Kathleen are gorgeous as always.
Enjoy the snow--stay warm. Take care.

Life In a Little House said...

oh the pictures are great!! love the moon shots! looks like you already have your camera figured out! The girls look so cute with there dolls and the waiting for santa pj's are adorable ~Enjoy your Holiday Love Heather

Melanie said...

Oh Jill, the pictures are so lovely! Looks like y'all had a great Christmas with family and the girls look so cute in their pjs.

Stay warm and have a good week.

Wendi said...

It looks like so much fun. The pj's that K is wearing are adorable!

Have a great Monday!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Awwwww. It was great seeing the pictures! I loved the idea of the oatmeal for the reindeer...especially the sparkly touch! :) I love your family traditions as well. I'm so much like that as well. Even though my daughters are grown up now, I still do some of the same traditions like they were little.

Looking forward to more pictures. Is is still snowing?

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Beautiful pictures and a beautifully blessed family.
Blessings,
Bren

Veronica Lee said...

I love, love the pics. What a beautiful family!!

Merry, Christmas!

McVal said...

Too cute! What great family time!

Bec said...

The girls look lovely in thier pretty dresses and you have the most beautiful hair Jill! We also did some reindeer food which was so fun and GLITTERY LoL. Would you believe that we actually had snow here? Well ok it was just a tiny bit on the mountain the day after christmas but hey I am glad about that, I do love summer christmas! The weather seems to be doing lots of strange extremes lately.