Thursday, December 16, 2010

My "little" girl is growing up

Today Kathleen had her 5 year old checkup. Everything went great and she got the news she's been waiting for. Even though she's 39 lbs the Dr. gave her the o.k. to move into a booster seat. She was ecstatic and had to tell everyone! "I'm a big girl" she proudly declared, as my heart melted at the thought. Yes, my little one, you are becoming a big girl. Too quickly for Mommy. I know my job is to raise you up and prepare you for life, and I am so proud of all you do, just my heart aches for how quickly that time is coming. For to me, you'll always be my baby girl.

We made quite a big deal of this occasion....first saying goodbye to her old seat.....

Hello new seat! (Actually this was Hayley's old booster seat) Anything with Princesses however is #1 to Kathleen!


She also had to add her new Princess sticker from the Dr's office to it.

This happy little girl just had to get us to take her for a ride to try it out, off to get milk we go! LOL




Beautiful daughter


A precious little flower

that is in constant bloom

I watch as yet another milestone

around the corner looms.

It seems like only yesterday

that we shared a breath

but now it seems like tomorrow

you will leave and I'll be left.

A tiny little angel

that always is in flight

as soon as you came into my life

you brought me so much light.

Your beauty is so stunning

your smile makes me melt

I'm so proud to be your mommy

It's the best I've ever felt.

Oh perfect little princess

with you I'm so in love

every night before I dream

I thank the lord above.

How did I get so lucky

to have as sweet of a gift as you

If ever you should need me

there's nothing I wouldn't do.

---Author unknown


Have a wonderful evening!

blessings,
Jill

14 comments:

Bec said...

awww so bitter sweet these moments arent they? I love watching them grow up but always have the same little twinge when I realise how much less they 'need' me too.

Life In a Little House said...

Oh Very Sweet!! ~Love Heather

Julie Harward said...

How sweet! Amazing what can make a little one happy, we need to all be so happy over little things! :D

Donna said...

Hi Jill...I love this post. There will be many such moments as these and you are right to celebrate them..and write to realize that these moments pass so quickly. I remind myself of that every day. I'm counting my 'last moments' with my daughter, who is visiting someone special in Dallas. I might have a year..or might not.

Love your poem!
xo
Donna

Junibears said...

Such a lovely happy post Jill. Enjoy every minute as they grow too quickle and the years soon go too. My baby boy is now 54 and my baby girl coming up to 50 but in my heart they are still my babies
Have a wonderful Christmas. Hugs June xx

Cindy said...

What a big day!
So fun to celebrate all those milestones!
Enjoy the day

Itsy Bitsy Learners said...

My oldest and your youngest are only two weeks apart. I love coming by because they seem so similar .. by Mummy's side, Princesses, Ballet ... it is such a lovely age!

Wendi said...

I know how you feel. Sniff. Sniff. These moments are so bittersweet. Excitement for all our girls can do and will do, but also sad to see our babies grow so quick.

Sheila said...

Oh how I remember those days!! Kathleen looks so proud!! Some days, it seems like all I did was blink and my girls were grown. Enjoy it now --they are too soon grown. Thank you so much for your kind words about Jessica's crochet--she was beaming this morning when she told me about it!! I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

Julie said...

She is getting so big. In just the time I've been following you both have grown up so.
Thank you for sharing. It makes me remember the little things along the way with Mike.
Take care Jill and have a blessed afternoon.

Flying Giggles and Lollipops said...

Moving into a booster seat is so exciting. The kids at Aiyana's preschool are starting to transition into boosters and every time it happens, I hear about it.

They grow up way to fast, don't they?

Jenny said...

When they get that big kid seat it breaks my heart. How cute that she decorated it with a sticker!

Camille said...

Oh I agree Jill! They grow up WAYYYY to quickly!! But, she does have a few years left before she is ready to leave your home...as does your older girl! Enjoy each and every day!

Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family from us! May the LORD bless you all in the coming year.

Blessings,
Camille

~ Noelle said...

wow
time does fly, doesn't it?